Home Discussions General Discussions

Hag is still the singularly most frustrating killer to go against as solo survivor.

DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,607
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Hag is still complete total BS when you’re a solo survivor.

Haven’t bought a flashlight? You’re [BAD WORD]!

Haven’t bought Urban Evasion? You’re [BAD WORD]!

Got teammates that don’t understand that the only way to NOT set off traps is to crouch? You’re [BAD WORD]!

You only have to end up on the hook once and you’re [BAD WORD]. You either try to crawl away in time before she returns to the hook (Lol, yeah right, escape isn’t happening), or try your luck by attempting to make a dash for it anyway. Nope. Back on the hook!

It really truly is BS that Hag can make it close to impossible to get away from the hook if you do get unhooked because she’s ALWAYS able to return to the hook in time before being out of range to set off any traps!!!

Why can’t there be a hook proximity rule like with Demo portals?!

Now that Undetectable isn’t trumped by Kindred anymore, WHY can’t it now also reveal auras of any traps within 16m of the hook?!?!

Anyway Hag can get [BAD WORD]. I hate her. She’s impossible solo.

(Post edit/additional note)

Now that I’ve calmed down here is my main frustrating issue. Let’s first look at other killers that are able to (potentially) proxy camp. (I’m not talking about direct hook camping)

• Freddy
  • Demo
  • Spirit
  • Billy
  • Trapper (to a very tiny degree)
  • Nurse
  • Oni
  • Huntress (Map dependant & LoS dependant)

The thing about the above killers is that once you’re off the hook you can at least ATTEMPT a run for it. Against Hag you cannot. Not in the slightest. You try and crouch walk away from the hook and far enough away from the trap triggering range but it doesn’t matter, she is ALWAYS able to return to the hook in time to down you and put you right back on the hook. You can’t make a run for it. You can’t NOT make a run for it. If you’re unlucky enough to not have Urban or a Flashlight, or whomever comes in for the rescue doesn’t have a Flashlight and can’t burn away the traps, then there’s next to nothing that can be done to attempt an escape.

Post edited by DudeDelicious on

Comments

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,607

My main point is when solo, once on the hook, that’s it, may as well suicide on the hook. It’s so frustrating.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 1,201

So you want Hag to be nerfed or what?

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,607

I just don’t see how it’s fair that unless you happen to have one of 2 many many things provided in the game that it means it is close to impossible to get away from the hook. It’s a joke.

• ArtyomichArtyomich Member Posts: 281

Eh she's fine for the most part.

If Hag has that add on where there's no warning if you step on her traps then yeah she's the most nuts killer you could ever face as a Solo Q.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

Most survivors are running borrowed time. You probably just got a sweaty hag and potato teammates.

• FJSJ_LunarFJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

Hella true though lmao

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,463
    edited December 2019

She is. Personally I think she should get a rework to make her less oppressive against solos, but less bulliable by swf.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 2,426

This is all the pent-up frustration that I've had about Hag as well, over several games of the same thing. And many times I've thought that Hag should have a proximity where she can't set traps.

For me, Proxy Hag is on a very similar level to Saw-Only Billies and Bubbas. Disgusting, no skill killer who is only trying to 4k. No real strategy or attempt at fun. Just a mindless kill fest.

And this sort of thing with certain killers has been going on for ages now, not to mention a point that should kinda be pointed out. There isn't really moving on when it's all you come across and I understand this because it's one of the first things that I did on the forums. I was versing Hillbillies with a sprinkling of Bubbas for 99% of my games when I reached purple ranks and all of them used their hammer less than the total number of kills across all games. Proxy Hag is basically the same problem for the OP it seems. You also forgot to add "more of" in the last sentence.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 2,072

Not just as solo survivor lol

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 2,072

Not just as solo survivor lol

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,136

I think she would be a lot better if her Traps would not activate when Survivors are walking. This would make Hook-Saves easier, but still maintain her Power since most of the time people are running.

Usually I dont see many Hags, because she is quite a difficult Killer and really frustrating when played wrong, because of the 110% MS and not really a Tool to compensate for it (other than Spirit or Huntress). But if the Hag Player is good, it is a really tough match. But the camping potential and Hook Snowball is insane, that is true.

Personally, if someone is hooked in the Basement, usually I dont go for Saves. Hooked vs Hag in the Basement means that you are practically dead, it takes so long to get people out of the Basement, it is basically impossible, considering the Hag is not that far away (because her Teleport Range might be good with the best Add Ons for Distance, but it is still not that much that she can allow herself to go far away).

So yeah, maybe make her Traps not trigger by walking Survivors.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Honestly, most of the problems you describe are solo queue and salt problems. Hag is a good camper, that's why most people play her around camping.

When she don't got the incredibly bugged mint rag, she's a plaything for survivors, because they decide to set of traps. She's kinda weak atm and needs some love.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,746

I thought hag is more about downing the unhooker with make your choice?

• DonZwiebelDonZwiebel Member Posts: 78

The hag in my opinion is a very strategic killer. Many survivors struggle to adapt to her playstyle. This might happen because she is seldom faced.

Her main problem are survivors that know that she cant teleport when carrying a survivor and then setting of as many traps as possible, so she wastes a lot of time resetting her traps.

As Survivor I found it even better for not getting hit if you set off a trap while running, because if you circle around the phantasm, she will likely miss and you are gone. This works on traps you know (or guess)

Walking into traps is imho just fine to trigger them even, because when facing a hag you should either crouch or run. Walking is just the worst kind of movement.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,769

Doctor:am i a joke to you.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,864

I don't have any problems with her. The only thing I can see as being problematic is the mint rag + rusty shackles + make your choice combo

• kate_mainkate_main Member Posts: 178

OP has a point.

He didnt just scream : "reeee Hag Killed me op plz nerf"

He has an opinion and told us why he think its unfair to go against Hag.

So respect his opinion,TY

• kate_mainkate_main Member Posts: 178

Just because OP dislikes going against a specific killer doesnt mean that he is a baby survivor.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

Also,Hag is not D tier.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,864

She is absolutely not D tier btw lmao. I'd say she is at least B tier, if not A.

• MongByeolBuddiesMongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 138

Great idea! 

She is my least favorite killer to go against because of the proxy camping. If you try to crouch away from a hook, she’ll run back and catch you; if you try to run away, she’ll teleport and catch you. You’re damned whatever you do.

However, she’s definitely not top tier so if they nerfed her traps by only triggering when survivors walk over them, she should be buffed in another way — longer trap activation, quicker setting speed, more traps, less visible traps, etc.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 370

I hate Hag because how campy her power is.

Hook someone, set a ton of traps, use her small Terror Radius to stay between 40 meters (huge area) and wait for some poor sod to trigger a trap, if they crouch just come back, make them run and trigger a trap, bonus points if you force basement rescues.

Im not judging her tier spot, just saying she is campy by design, which I find extremely boring to play against.