Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Im sorry but how is Oni weak?

Playing as and against The Oni in red ranks ive noticed he is FAR from weak. From what I've played and seen there hasn't been a game where more than 2 people survived soooo idk it seems to me he's still pretty good.

Comments

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

He's not weak, far from it, especially with how greedy survivors are.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
    edited December 2019

I think the reason people feel like he's weak now is because for someone who knows what they're doing, it seems pretty easy to loop him normally while he's using his power because he can apparently no longer flick around corners with Demon Strike. That said, his tracking ability and mobility is still intact and ought not to be disregarded entirely. He's not a terrible killer by any means, he's just not as good as he used to be.

It's also possible that part of his success rate so far is simply because most people haven't really learned how to counter him yet - the same problem we see all the time at grey ranks, where killers dominate because survivors don't know how to play against them. So it's a bit early to tell, practically speaking, just how effective a killer he is. As long as most people don't know how to counter him, the possibility remains that he's actually a lot weaker in his abilities than he seems currently.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,588

He's been out for over two weeks now, and playable for nearly a month. We're well past the point of survivors simply not knowing how to play against him.

Not everyone has been playing non-stop during that time. Personally I still feel like I don't really have a handle on how to counter him, because I've only faced him maybe ten times since the patch release. It's possible that I just suck as a survivor, of course, but I typically hang around red/purple ranks so I suspect I'm in the majority in this case.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,040

He's not weak, nor has he ever been. With his flick nerf he's simply not top tier anymore.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,954

He's definitely not weak. It's just that the latest hotfix took away his flick which was one of the most fun aspects of him, and also made him much weaker at loops, so he struggles against top survivor players.

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,120

Yeah cause I've seen people say he's third worst killer or next to clown when it comes to effectiveness and I just don't see how thats plausible.