Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thoughts on the current state of Huntress?

A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,387
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

What do you guys think about her? I don’t see her mentioned too much when it comes to tier spots since the main focus is usually now on Nurse, Spirit ,Hillbilly etc. Is she still a strong but balanced killer in your eyes? Does she need some QoL updates at all?

also, looking over some of her status effect add-ons, they are fairly outdated. The Hemorrhage status effect for 30 seconds add-on exists for some reason and she still has an add-on that afflicts survivors with Exhaustion for 90 seconds. Something that would have been understandable before the Exhaustion changes. Maybe her Add-ons (Iri Head obviously) need a few tweaks?

edit: my main post was pending without me realising so I’ve accidentally made two of these threads.

Post edited by A_Can_Of_Air on

Comments

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I still feel Huntress is in a extremely good spot and is also still at least top 6. Also maybe some of her add-ons could be looked at but I don't think it's a necessity.

• RPGWolfGamer23RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126

I believe Huntress is very well balanced, she can be bad without proper skill and experience but a good one with it. I love playing and seeing killers that recquire you to practice a bit, but not too much. I agree with her add-ons needing a rework since they are kinda outdated when it comes to ones that give you a debuff status but otherwise she's great.

P.S. no, I don't main Huntress-

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

Not worth even of top 10 killers. Map design really made her dirty.

• tetsuotetsuo Member Posts: 151

I like her but I would love if the devs buff her movement speed a little

• WitasWitas Member Posts: 457

Huntress herself is a very well balanced killer, she's very map dependent though, which comes more from bad map design (which is imo one of the biggest issues with DBD overall). On some maps she's basically unusable, when she gets a decend map though, she's definetly one of the most balanced and most fun (for both sides) killers in the game.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I think she needs nerfs

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

One shot needs to go, hands down. They also need to look at her hitboxes with these dedicated servers, im tired of getting hit around corners and behind walls.

• SpacingLlamasSpacingLlamas Member Posts: 600

I think huntress for the most part is balanced.

Requires a good of amount skill to succeed with unlikely spirit or billy for example, which is why you don't see people claiming about her much.

Is map dependent. Also why many people dont see her as top tier.

Could use an add-on update. Iridescent head, exhaustion, hindered, and blind/hemorrhage add-ons can use changing. And the one that let you see survivors for 5 secs after hitting with a hatchet is worthless.

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

She has a really high skill ceiling. A great huntress player can do really well with her and a bad huntress player will struggle. Huntress is map dependent and most players will struggle on her bad maps. Or her good maps she can be devastating. She's a good model for what balanced killers should look like

• StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274

only problem i have w her is iri heads (rare to see but it’s still really cheap imo, should be limited to one hatchet only)

also her hatchet hitboxes. they’re horrible.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Still a very good killer imo. She struggles on certain maps, but overall she dominates casual survivors.

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 402

She struggles with maps, and lack of good addons. All indoor maps, she sucks on (not so much on the game). A lot of maps have gotten more trees added when Ghostface was released, which was a hard nerf to long shots. Also, some loops are so unreliable, especially cars and the autohaven junk loops.

Also, the bug where she can't hit vaulting survivors has been back for a good month and it's pretty annoying, and can cost you kills or even games.

However, she's still mid tier, and can use some more QoL buffs. One I've heard of is making her movement speed 115% if she's out of hatchets. Also, adding more lockers to some maps would be nice. Shelter woods Huntress isn't very fun due to the amount of trees and lack of lockers.

Can we please get some new addons/ rework some of her addons though? I would love to see one that makes her lullaby affect terror radius perks!

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

She could use some buffs but she definitely needs her iridescent heads and infantry belt combo hardcore nerfed. Iridescent head builds are rarely used by people who are not toxic camping tunnel snakes determined to use you as a punching bag for what others did.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I think she’s a Sexy Mama that needs to be played more. She has a beautiful voice and a good strong body.

All she needs now is an animation of her juggling her hatchets while she runs.

• ThirdEyeGodThirdEyeGod Member Posts: 39

Her issue will always be maps and they cannot balance maps to always suit her. Maps that are good for Huntress are worse for the rest of the m1 killers

• DwarvenTavernDwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,493

I wouldn't say worthless, I mean. Situational as heck though. But not worthless

• SpacingLlamasSpacingLlamas Member Posts: 600

I mean. . .

If you literally had just hit a survivor, you know where they are and likely going.

Seems worthless to me

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,743

She's strong but can get screwed pretty badly by maps.

Fun to play as and against too in my experience, but I might be somewhat biased as she's by far my most played killer.

• DonZwiebelDonZwiebel Member Posts: 134

She just neeed to get rid of those hatchet hits around corners and through walls.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

Very gud huntress, tier S+

Very bad huntress, tier C

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,024

That add-on is really for sniping. Use BBQ to see someone in the distance, throw a hatchet to get the first hit, use the add-on to get them down.

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

All the complaints about her addons etc.

This is the real issue:

• KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 117

her hatchet hitboxes is bullshit, and the instant down addon need some tweak so they dont work with infantry belt

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 1,074

Used to be my favorite Killer to play, and play against aside from Hillbilly.

Now her hitbox is so in the favor of Killer I can’t be bothered anymore. Easily the most irritating Killer to face, and I refuse to play her anymore.

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

The instadown addon is fine. It limits her amount of hatchets. It's an ultra rare for a reason and doesn't need adjustment.

The hitbox is the big thing.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Those who say she’s weak and annoying to play as are not good with her. She’s strong and in a GREAT spot! Her ultra rare needs to be nerfed, though. I’m a Huntress main by the way.

• DwarvenTavernDwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,493

I managed to get a few unlikely shots because of this beautiful add-on. Like getting an across the map hatchet throw. It's stupid hard, but being able to see the survivor's aura after that is always the greatest. One time I did that from far away and I just saw a survivor stood there thinking "why god?"

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,661

She's pretty decent, with the exception of a few maps. She's not the greatest at first, but there's a ton of room to improve and always something you can be doing better.

(Not factoring in Iridescent Heads, of course.)