Home Polls
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Survivor mains, what do you think the most frustrating way to die is?

Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 508

I die a lot myself, so I'm curious to know what you think.

Survivor mains, what do you think the most frustrating way to die is? 92 votes

Getting hooked 3 times within the first 5 minutes of the match
14%
FoggyDownpourYaNesteaTapeKnotCJsDBDMert_MKPennosukeBrucecastro81Lavalinater9209SebaOutbreakDebridgedHazDaBoiFblthpppo8820 13 votes
Having a lag spike teleport you backwards during a chase
20%
PeasantViolentSh4deTheetisInnCognitoAztreonam78Dolphin9192GrootDudeBoosted_Dwightrch614RIP_LegionLx_maliceMattie_MayhemOGgaydavidkingjjayyToxicQuentininferjusMantaotterdreambootsraspberryprincess 19 votes
Running into an obstacle during a chase because you were too busy looking behind you
5%
icemancatTheLegendDyl4n1AwakeyjesRoutip 5 votes
Survivors working with killers
18%
Science_GuyBossASpazNamedSteveMister_xDFog_KingTheRockstarKnightNuclearBurritooTechnicNexurentfly_172anonymous31337MrsGhostfaceKongtwenty12SkeletonWitchRareware0192JoeyNickelX 17 votes
Teammates unhooking you with the killer nearby
18%
PuggyMohawkdragobvSpartagone45mojoarslaNChickenkonchokAvilgusPet_The_LizardsVoodooChildToxicSteevnimesulideSambaSawRyanFoxSirenAnthony151201Undershot 17 votes
Teammates (either accidentally or deliberately) leading a killer straight to you
6%
HexHunterDreskiZhavorsariaocafghanistanbubbasbasementchestHalloween2005 6 votes
Some other way (explain)
16%
GHERBEARRULESshardsTrial_By_ScytheRieMyNamePeteAxX7891Nutty_ProfessorAzurlynxShrekIsHotxEa[Deleted User]EnderloganYTslaya[Deleted User]pumkinnuts 15 votes

Comments

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180
    Some other way (explain)

It's the lag spike case but I get lag spikes on vaults, hitboxes of gens and really anything, etc but the majority of it is the Killer lagging to me and me getting lag vaulting, especially with Lithe, I get some of it wasted because it lags me back. Not a wifi problem.

Either that or literally spawning next to the Killer and getting tunneled as soon as I get off hook, (most Killers I face don't give a damn if you're having fun, they want to piss you off), so I run Decisive, didn't think I needed it but damn I do, yet people complain about Decisive being a problem, when what the problem is is going after the Survivor who just got off hook.

I play Killer too of course and lag resides there but a little less.

• SebaOutbreakSebaOutbreak Member Posts: 282
    Getting hooked 3 times within the first 5 minutes of the match

Just for the record, almost all of those are frustrating. But dying early in the game either because you had bad luck by constantly running into the killer, or because the killer is a tryhard tunneler, then I'd say it's pretty annoying to be the first one to go under those circumstances, and therefore not being able to help the team that much.

Guaranteed depip (for anyone who cares about rank), drastically reducing the chances of survival of your team, losing items and of course an early game over are understandable factors and I can see why others or myself get frustrated over this. Oh, and it's 100% more frustrating when there are several Bloody Party Streamers and you die in 3 minutes.

The worst that happened to me: In a match, everyone used the Gruesome Gateau offering, even the killer, so there were 5. The bloodpoint party was real. So what did the killer (a Spirit) decided to do? Tunnel and camp me, for no reason at all. I wasn't even carrying a flashlight, neither did I provoke her. She just decided to ruin my day and kill me by hooking and camping. If someone rescued me, she just chased me and back to the hook I went. Repeat until I die. I didn't get more than 6000 points or so, while the rest of the team got plenty because the Spirit randomly decided to stop tunneling and camping, so the game lasted for a while. I remember that today and laugh about it, but man was I PISSED that day.

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 508

Yeah... Lag in ANY situation is crappy to deal with. People who DC annoy me, so I try to suck it up and deal with it when the lag starts during the middle or the end of the match, but I will DC if it's so bad that I can hardly walk away from spawn. I've had a few games where we managed to open the exit gates with hardly anyone getting caught, only for me to get teleported back 20 feet right when I was about to escape and die. The odds of this happening are pretty close to 0%, but when it does happen, I get super ultra MEGA pissed.

As for the tunneling, well... I'm admittedly "guilty" of it, and I put "guilty" in quotations because I never INTENTIONALLY tunnel, but I do always go for the survivor closest to me, and if they happen to be the one I've hooked twice already, sorry to say, but their ass is going to the great beyond with the Entity lol.

I love the name by the way.

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 767
    Some other way (explain)

When my mouse or keyboard/controller jams up and doesnt work midchase

I share your pain regarding not feeling useful to my team. I care more about having fun than I do about surviving, but playing a 5 minute game with stricly boldness bloodpoints just... sucks.

I'm not normally one to complain about peoples' playstyles, but yesterday I was up against a Hag. When he finally caught me after about 3 straight minutes of me juking him and slamming pallets in his face, he hooked me and then kept slapping me until I died. I made him that mad that he completely ignored all the gens getting fixed at a rapid rate just to keep slapping me. What the hell's the point of that?

You know? I think I die more against the Hag and the Spirit than I do anyone else.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,554
    Survivors working with killers

It's one thing for the game to be a 1 versus 1, 1, 1 & 1 instead of a 1 versus 4.

But it's a whole 'nother thing for the game to be a 4 versus 1.

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 1,938

I'm not a survivor main but I try to play a 50/50 split. Gotta say there are some really tuff choices here, I'd definitely say it's between 1, 2, 4, 5 and a bit of 6 but I honestly can't decide.

I had a pretty tough time deciding myself... Maybe I should've added a "Most of these are frustrating" option.

Agreed. Play a private game if you're going to pull that crap.

• RieRie Member Posts: 87
    Some other way (explain)

Being slugged all game and then bleeding out, most boring sh*t ever

• shardsshards Member Posts: 79
    Some other way (explain)

(i play both sides but) when i get hooked and my random teammates won't come to save me even when the killer is far away :(

Agreed, but also a good opportunity to look for the hatch if the killer is away.

Or when they decide to save somebody else despite you being the closest to death. :(

• TheLegendDyl4n1TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Running into an obstacle during a chase because you were too busy looking behind you

mostly due to the fact i experience this more often then the other options

Yeah, that's why I try to mislead them with my scratch marks. Either I look straight ahead and let the killer get too close, or I look behind me and run into a wall or something.

• Nutty_ProfessorNutty_Professor Member Posts: 619
    Some other way (explain)

After I get downed after a ten minute chase, and there are still four gens left and the randoms are still crouching around the map and looking for ruin whilst I get facecamped. I like looping the killer for a long amount of time, but it's disheartening knowing that killer isn't being punished for wasting so much time on me.

That's really rough. I always go straight for a gen when I see the killer chasing somebody in the far distance. No reason not to (unless you're playing against a Freddy I guess).

• GHERBEARRULESGHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 242
    Some other way (explain)

Getting hooked and blatantly ignored the whole time as solo

"Nah, screw that guy, I'm not saving him." XD

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,286
    Some other way (explain)

Not a survivor main, but playing survivor aswell

Running killer for ages and then getting one hooked because your team is so absolutly potato.

• EnderloganYTEnderloganYT Member Posts: 561
    Some other way (explain)

teammates Not unhooking when the killer is in a chase.

gosh darn baby megs

Ugh... The number of games I've had where I PROBABLY could've survived if I had just tried unhooking myself...

I go for saves whenever possible, but I do root for somebody else to do it if I'm working on a gen and the survivor is hooked on the opposite side of the map from me.

I feel you. I always try unhooking myself if I know I'm not going to be saved before the second phase. Doesn't happen often, as I'm sure you've guessed.

Usually by the end of those 30 seconds, either they get unhooked, or they just let the Entity kill them. And other times when I HAVE decided to go for the save, I just barely get there and then somebody else saves them at the last second.

But you're right. Sometimes it's best to just stop what you're doing and go for the save yourself.

• slayaslaya Member Posts: 30
    Some other way (explain)

When you get face camped and after the game the killer taunts you, I’m sure everybody has been victim to this many time and it’s the worst way to die

• AzurlynxAzurlynx Member Posts: 222
    Some other way (explain)

Dying on first hook with at least 2 another survivors alive. WITH KINDRED \:<

I've never gotten a rude message from a killer, but yeah, I've been face camped plenty of times. I understand doing it at the end of the match when the exit gates have been opened and there are other people still alive, but it's annoying to deal when none of the gens have even been repaired yet.

As frustrating as it is, though, it isn't my place to tell anyone how to play.