Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Excuse me what the hell?!?

I got kicked out of game for some kind of update game error while mid-game and when I log back in it says I disconnected and now i'm banned for 15min??!? what!??!?!? I also got video proof just please ignore music and stuff (I also had a game crash twice so i had 1min ban and also 5min)

I never dc, ever. So it's kind of unfair that I'm getting banned from matchmaking again....

I'm also scared to even go into game I don't wanna get banned from matchmaking for no reason again... I gotta finish my challenges from lvl4...

Please devs remove the ban system for now until you fix it !!!!!!!

video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI058I8YpmE

Comments

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186
    edited December 2019

There is a bug going on that somehow causes the DC Timeout to be "applied" incorrectly, at a higher time than it should.

It sucks, or so I've heard, but this is one of the reasons why this is only a 2 day test, so this kind of thing can be avoided when it goes live. Hopefully.

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 1,429

It’s a good thing they’re testing it before it going live for real, that’s for sure.

what I find interesting is the bug for server side disconnects always imposes a harsher dc than the first few penalties. I’d love to take a look at the code doing that...

• LithuanianLithuanian Member Posts: 141

but now I'm just waiting my 15min disconnection ban even though i haven't dc'd since legion released like #########

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186

Yea. I know, there is't really anything anyone can do at this point. They are testing it to find issues and to see how it works.

Its rough and unfair but after today the DC penalties will be disabled again and hopefully they'll be able to iron out these bugs.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I expected this thread to be another “Nerf: XX” thread. Nice to see legitimate complaints.

Hopefully the devs will iron out these bugs.