Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

Gen Speed is not okay

LoverOfDemogorgonLoverOfDemogorgon Member Posts: 168
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

This first clip showcases what happens when you don't run ruin and try to chase someone for about a minute. Situations like this should simply not exist, the unfairness is real. There should be more for survivors to do if maps and looping can lead to decently long chases and lead to 80% of the game's objectives being done in just above 2 minutes... that is absurd and not good balancing just because tru3 here didn't bring ruin. *Also calls to the fact that ruin just works as a patchwork for gen speed*

Unbalanced map, weak killer, decent survivors who do gens, you do the math, very fast game with leaving the killer with their hands in the air like... "what more could I have done?" This isn't "Win some looser some" This is unbalanced, and this is with a very good perk selection and a red addon for clown... absurd again, all gens done just below 5 minutes...

I am not angry or mad, I just want this to be addressed fairly by the devs. Can someone explain this to me? Why are these games possible, Tru3 in either of these games did not play overtly horrible nor did he play in any toxic nature, yet he seems to have no chance of succeeding. Survivors wonder why killers play the tunnel/proxy camp style... this is why.

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I get some maps are unbalanced but where did gens go too fast?

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

What about gen times on high tier killers, skilled killer players, and balanced maps. Gen speeds are obviously not the problem that needs to be addressed when maps and low tier killers enter the equation. Both killers need buffs and both maps need nerfs. Am I wrong?

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

They can't fix maps! Too busy nerfing freddy and oni.

Srsly there are so many maps with busted tiles, they need a whole chapter only with map fixes.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,272

I think the main issue is not the gens but the pressure of some killers and some maps and why they are all being looked at. The main issue is mobile v less mobile killers as some dont have powers to put of pressure like the Clown where as Stealth Killer, Trapper and Hag etc can do better as they make people more weary about where they run trying to avoid traps or stay out of the open.

The Doc cleary has a small charge range without addons but luckily they are next on the list for some love, It was a not perk game so knowing this we cant conclude much from it.

Remember the same streamer has taken killers from rank 20 to 1 with no perks. Recently done a 50 game Wraith challenge with purple addons with 49/50 wins with another streamer counter it with Trapper in 50 games with around th esame I think using yellow addons.

The Clown well he is one of the weakest killers but still viable with the right player. if you watched the video though you will see he did get looped quite a bit but he was triying to hit them with the bottles for insta downs. It was a viewer build for him to test out and by playing this way it cost him quite a bit of time than if Tru3 was using a build he knows so I doubt the result would have been the same.

Bad games happen and you will lose some and win some but thinking one or two videos are a good mettic for game balance simply ignores the fact that this very person manages well over the average ratio in terms of kills/escapes in the sum total of their games.

Thats not to say changes dont need done hence the devs are constantly working on things in the background but anyone of us can cherry pick games to try and prove a point but it is sort of telling when its only one person used in around 90% of these posts.

• VincentRedfieldVincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Entitled killer mains that think the game needs to be balanced around average 4k.

• LULKEKLULKEK Member Posts: 82

he dont have perks as you see so what you expekt??? stop cry thats fine as it is

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

The problem isn't gen times, it's the fact that since generators are the only objective, other side objectives like totem cleansing and chest searching aren't important.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Was discussed lots of times before. No they won't make gens longer to do. It's already boring enough to sit on a gen.

If anything , the they should make it impossible to do 3 or 4 gens at the same time.

• PatienceheroPatiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2019

I'd say it's a little of column A, a little of column B.

Frankly I think base Gen speed and Slowdown perks both need a look. Slowdown is just a band aid fix to try to prevent 4 minute matches, and generally isn't fun to play against. But it's become a necessary evil due to the rate at which gens go down, to the point Ruin's considered mandatory because even in the worst case it means 30 seconds a survivor isn't working on a generator.

30 seconds of extra time is still considered better than all the other perks available for most killers. That says something.

I say change base gen speed, and rework slowdown into something less fire and forget and more meaningful or interesting. In the end, it'd benefit both parties.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

but survivors said you don't need ruin?

what other perk could've prevented what happened? corrupt intervention maybe stops 1 of those gens. Pop wouldn't have helped as no hook.

so.. you do need perks, but if you need ruin you're bad (i've seen others say)

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

when he 4k's he's usually sweating his balls off, survivors don't need to play that sweaty to escape or at the very least pip

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 928

The game needs a secondary objective and also better map design. Three gens popping in two minutes is not fun; the killer will not have time to do 12 chases, so as a survivor you already know that the killer will most likely not be able to sacrifice anyone, unless he tunnels someone to death.

And in case he tunnels someone to death then the other survivors won't get chased and just sit on gens during the whole match. Sometimes you might get a interesting endgame, specially if the killer is running noed, but sometimes not even that.

• JoakimGrDayJoakimGrDay Member Posts: 105

Generator times is fines.

1. He didn't use perks, they did.
    2. He played Doctor, it's currently being looked at.
    3. The survivors started working on each a single generator which made them repair them like 1,2 and 3. Nothing wrong at all.
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,313

yeah, secondary objectives for survivors would be nice.

if they just focus on those engines, there is very little you as a killer can actually do against it, since even when you get chases done very quickly, you just wont have enough time to apply enough map pressure on them.

• LoverOfDemogorgonLoverOfDemogorgon Member Posts: 168

How can you possibly think that they are? Gens can be done faster than the killer can do much of anything to counter it, if you would watch the clown game it perfectly showcases Tru3 using a perfectly strong clown build and with his best addons, made sure all chases were done quite quickly and didn't screw around yet he got no kills... how is that fair? To try your best and have no chance to win, tell me how that is okay?

A false equivalency, survivors at the end of the day have a much easier time to win and have the advantage in dbd. There are much more survivor sided things that enable them to completely take away any chance the killer has to win than the killer does for the survivors, if a team is decent enough and focuses gens they have nothing to worry about under most circumstances.

You are making a generalization, these video's showcase a problem that occurs, do you actually think the only time someone was genrushed was in these two vids? Do you think that there are so many killers that complain about genrushing but we are all just whiny babies that need to git gud? No, maybe there is actually a gen rushing problem and it should be addressed and not constantly ignored and shut down

• JoakimGrDayJoakimGrDay Member Posts: 105

Sounds like you would have to play some survivor my man. Sometimes a killer has to leave a chase to interrupt generators. It's about tactics. And not all teams do gens. Some can't even push through ruin. I play killer a lot, but I think I rankup too easy as killer. I get easily to rank 5 within a week as killer. While playing survivor I get hit through windows when I fastvault because of the killers connection. Gen times are fine.

• PezPez Member Posts: 17

Why can't everyone be as intelligent as twistedmonkey who can prove a point without calling everyone bad and splitting it between killer v survivor on the forums. +1 to you for actually being intelligent!

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,628

Old news day.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 669

“Survivors wonder why killers play the tunnel/proxy camp style... this is why.”

So having said that, you would agree then that measures would also need to be put in so that use of camping/tunneling as a strategy would be eliminated? That’s the side of the equation nobody talks about, it’s just “make gens slower”, or “add an objective”...with nothing said about the proxy camping tunneler who would just continue to play that way as it would be even more successful. Why would they stop? This is why they can’t really touch anything as it requires big changes to both sides to prevent that playstyle from being buffed.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,501

Things that is, once you hook a Survivor then they get unhooked

1. One survivor is injured need to be healed
    2. One survivor heals that injured survivor
    3. One survivor being chased

And there should be 1-2 more survivors being injured while trying to do unhooking. So basically that circle will repeat itself until those last 2 Gens done.

Its not like 1 Survivor gets hooked and the other 3 still on Gen.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They’re not okay, but Survivors will keep using the “jUsT aPpLy PrEsSuRe 4HeAd” bullshit because they don’t like a lot of Killers being an actual threat. It’s bad enough that Nurse, Spirit, Hag, and Freddy exist in their current states.