Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

who are you, and why arent we arch enemies yet?

Sister all you had to do was ask.

You aren't a fully fledged mod until you put @Lowbei behind bars at least one time.

Can lowbei put himself behind bars?

Probably but knowing him he'd let himself out just so he can throw himself behind bars again. Then he'd simply rinse and repeat it for amusement sake.

If one of us becomes a mod, we have to use this:

That's epic or when we shut down a spam thread we use this.

I wonder if we can use memes as mods.
    @Peanits are you allowed to use memes?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13646/with-only-a-month-to-go-chapter-9-is-anything-known#latest

Not_Queen used two meme’s here in this thread, so I’m guessing that’s a yes.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SovererignKing said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13646/with-only-a-month-to-go-chapter-9-is-anything-known#latest

She probably had to sacrifice a lot of survivors to the Entity to get permission though.

• SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

She probably had to sacrifice a lot of survivors to the Entity to get permission though.

Not sure. M.Cote literally made this meme his profile picture on Twitter and such.

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Isn't kind of unusual to have regular forum posters as mods on an official forum? Obviously it's just asking for bias and what not.

IDGAF about this forum just sayin is all. In my experience official forums hire actual professional type people to be mods.

/shrug

• RyutiRyuti Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2018

@Might_Oakk said:
    Isn't kind of unusual to have regular forum posters as mods on an official forum? Obviously it's just asking for bias and what not.

IDGAF about this forum just sayin is all. In my experience official forums hire actual professional type people to be mods.

/shrug

Not really. I had no moderating experience prior to getting hired. I was just a normal player that's been playing since beta, and was active in the community, both on Twitch and on the Steam forums.

All the mods that were chosen were people who just loved the game and wanted to help out in the community. Having experience is definitely a huge plus though.

@Ryuti said:

@Might_Oakk said:

/shrug

Not really. I had no moderating experience prior to getting hired. I was just a normal player that's been playing since beta, and was active in the community, both on Twitch and on the Steam forums.

All the mods that were chosen were people who just loved the game and wanted to help out in the community. Having experience is definitely a huge plus though.

This is true and most places actually get people who're involved in the community to be volunteer mods. The ones they hire like @not_Queen are given much more power and responsibility.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,486

@powerbats said:

@Ryuti said:

@Might_Oakk said:

/shrug

This is true and most places actually get people who're involved in the community to be volunteer mods. The ones they hire like @not_Queen are given much more power and responsibility.

Missed opportunity...

Well this thread died quickly, long live the mod discussion !!!!! :p

powerbats said:

Indeed. The interest in becoming a mod died quickly. Strange... 
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

Threads die quickly when asked to stay on topic in my experience but besides, i don't want to be a mod, not that i think i'd do a horrible job.

I just enjoy being a clown on this forum once in a while.

Speaking of Clowns, where is the clown profile picture? Its been months.
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

Threads die quickly when asked to stay on topic in my experience but besides, i don't want to be a mod, not that i think i'd do a horrible job.

Devs stick to it. No clowns!
    edited August 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

Devs stick to it. No clowns!
    To late, enjoy the gas.

Oh and we're off topic again.

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Tsulan said:

powerbats said:

I agree with the being a clown once in awhile is nice and the mods are really sneaky since if no one noticed what happened.

• finitethrillsfinitethrills Member Posts: 619
    popoles said:
    Tsulan said:
    Lowbei said:

On their website it says to send your resume to [email protected]

best of luck im rooting for you!

srsly tho im interested in your qualifications
    I speak English, Spanish, German, Catalan and have a degree in International Trade.
    I speak Czech, English and German. Can I join this multilanguage party?
    Ahoj
  • pauloandrade22pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@not_Queen said:
    We are going to open more Moderator position SoonTM!
    There are a lot of changes incoming in the Community team and adding more Mods is part of it!

Stay tuned! (it will be announced on the forums!)

I want to apply too.

• JammyJewelsJammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    I'm a bit late to bring this up but being sassy as a moderator or someone similarly positioned can have other posters perceive sassiness as something else. For example:

During the 'Clowning' around regarding the PlayStation certification process of 2018, there were posts asking for compensation. The true OG, @not_Queen , shut the thread down like a Tier 3 Tombstone Myers with only one gen repaired. But then there were threads following this up saying that it was just another display of the Developers not caring about the community. But hey, unnecessary counterpoint, but people didn't seem to care for @not_Queen and her want to detach her work from her personal life yet people harassed her during streams. And she wasn't even at fault, everyone unrelated to the coding of the game was not at fault. But they deserve props for turning the situation around and now being able to look to the future again.

So, being sassy is a risky thing as a mod. There's no doubt I'd tread very lightly during my first few days if I became a mod but it'd be something to ease into. The other mods would need to teach me how to meme in controlled portions as to not upset anyone.
    But hey, unnecessary counterpoint, but people didn't seem to care for @not_Queen and her want to detach her work from her personal life yet people harassed her during streams. And she wasn't even at fault, everyone unrelated to the coding of the game was not at fault. But they deserve props for turning the situation around and now being able to look to the future again.
    @strain would get my vote for moderator.

JammyJewels said:

But hey, unnecessary counterpoint, but people didn't seem to care for @not_Queen and her want to detach her work from her personal life yet people harassed her during streams. And she wasn't even at fault, everyone unrelated to the coding of the game was not at fault. But they deserve props for turning the situation around and now being able to look to the future again.

You just had to go there didn't you? I figured it'd come from @Lowbei 1st or perhaps @fcc2014 but you beat them to the punch.

edited August 2018
    powerbats said:

JammyJewels said:

You just had to go there didn't you? I figured it'd come from @Lowbei 1st or perhaps @fcc2014 but you beat them to the punch.

What can i say? There haven't been that many lolcows here. Only @feffrey is left.
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@powerbats said:

JammyJewels said:

Ummmm Thanks?!?! I think she is useless and ducks and covers when things go wrong. BTW i unlike others have never watched her stream or harassed her on it. For me it isn't a personnel vendetta it is my honest opinion of her as the community manager. We have so much passion and commitment from people in this community do you not think we could get someone more engaging?

fcc2014 said:

@powerbats said:

JammyJewels said:

Ummmm Thanks?!?! I think she is useless and ducks and covers when things go wrong. BTW i unlike others have never watched her stream or harassed her on it. For me it isn't a personnel vendetta it is my honest opinion of her as the community manager. We have so much passion and commitment from people in this community do you not think we could get someone more engaging?

@JammyJewels I think being ironic (maybe sassy) can disarm a situation that could otherwise escalate into a full blown harassment thread.
    But not everyone understands irony. Some people might get offended. People get offended by everything these days.

@Tsulan said:

@JammyJewels I think being ironic (maybe sassy) can disarm a situation that could otherwise escalate into a full blown harassment thread.
    But not everyone understands irony. Some people might get offended. People get offended by everything these days.

Agreed, sadly sarcasm, humour et al don't translate really well over the internet all the time.

• pauloandrade22pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

Im still applying tho.> @powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Agreed, sadly sarcasm, humour et al don't translate really well over the internet all the time.

I mean i can only see the text. Sarcasm is transmitter though voice and face . Unless you put s/ or a similar thing. Its pretty undestandable at least for me it is.

@WhateverIGuess said:
    Y'all are doing this just for the Nea shirt huh? lmao jk.

You found us out, meddling kids.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    edited August 2018
    I don't think I'm ready for being a mod, don't get me wrong... I absolutely LOVE DBD to death but I don't think I can be as active. Especially when school is starting for me, I simply can't be on a lot and I feel like I'm letting my community down when I'm not there to help you all, ya know? However I will always assist a mod tho.

@Nickenzie said:
    I don't think I'm ready for being a mod, don't get me wrong... I absolutely LOVE DBD to death but I don't think I can be as active. Especially when school is starting for me, I simply can't be on a lot and I feel like I'm letting my community down when I'm not there to help you all, ya know? However I will always assist a mod tho.

Having a lot of time is always nice but dedication to being as good member of the community is more important. I've seen cuntless mods who had plenty of time but were complete jerks while others with little time were better and vice versa.

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,159

@Nickenzie said:

That's a shame.I think you'd be a pretty good mod since you're easily one of the most positive people on the forums.

powerbats said:

Having a lot of time is always nice but dedication to being as good member of the community is more important. I've seen cuntless mods who had plenty of time but were complete jerks while others with little time were better and vice versa.

I mean yeah, if I have the time to check the forums then I will but if I can't... then I can't. There's no shame in saying that you can't be a mod because not everyone is able to be a great example like @Peanits. Overall, I have mixed feelings because why make me mod when someone else can be more active than me, ya know?

That's a shame.I think you'd be a pretty good mod since you're easily one of the most positive people on the forums.

Aww, thanks! How about you @ShrimpTwiggs? Do you think that you have the responsibilities to be a mod?