Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

A few suggestions on status effects and skillchecks

What if skillchecks were effected by what status the survivor is in

Exhausted: no great skillchecks zone will appear until recovered

Hindered: causes smaller great skillcheck zones until recovered

Hemorrhage: skillchecks would appear red (like with ruin)

Blindness: face difficult skillchecks

Mangled: great skillcheck zone will appear in the middle of the skillchecks

Broken: great skillcheck zone would be "broken" into two one on the top and one on the bottom of the skillcheck

If multiple status effects did occur then the skillcheck will be randomized until recovered or healed off

Comments

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    edited December 2019

that honestly sounds pretty fun to do gens with and would also make third seal a lot better but i don't know how this would feel towards no mither already being a bad perk this would just make it worse

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343

That's a great idea to make skillchecks a little bit less stale (and a much needed buff to most status effects).

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

Cursed: The success zone spins instead of the line and you must press the button when it's on the line.

Exposed: Two Skill Checks appear, the 2nd activating after the first one ends, regardless of how well the first one went.

Idk.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 2,741

I forgot about those two... lol

How about... Cursed: two separate zones spawn on the skillcheck. Missing the skillcheck will cause more until done right

So with new Ruin in the game... how does everyone feel about changing skillchecks

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Broken buff would definitely hurt weaker survivor perks like Second Wind and Deliverance and No Mither.

• ModernFableModernFable Member Posts: 770

It would certainly be a lot more interesting than what it is right now.

But isn't that a point... if players want to run those kind of perks then they gotta deal with the risk

Also it would be something that both killers and survivors can play around

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 10,520

I quite like this. Adds some variety to doing gens and healing. It also gives some more meaning to some lower tier Killer add-ons.

No Mither needs to be reworked before that tho

No... the player who use it need to deal with the risks involved with the perk

But how would you rework it

• raulblideranraulblideran Member Posts: 225

Duuude, this is legit a great idea, I really hope that an update like this would be considered as it would give more spicyness to the game and would make the status effects more interesting to use

• AStupidDavidAStupidDavid Member Posts: 156

This has got to be one of the best ideas I've read in the forums this week, it's a really good idea honestly I like it a lot. Skill checks being affected by status effects would be great!

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 4,993

I like it.

Having the skillchecks be harder when you're hurt would be a nice first step into it to test the waters

It's funny... I posted this a month ago... and not meny ppl reacted to it but now it's so much feedback

I love this

@Almo @not_Queen... please consider these

• bilauetabilaueta Member Posts: 341

This is a great idea please mods adress them

• LeyoyoLeyoyo Member Posts: 105
    edited January 2020

Love it to , promote healing ans punish going trough gens no matter what

It would be a good thing to introduce more impact to status effects

Also gives players more to do then just "hold m1" (it feels wrong to say that cause I play on console)

Right now SB makes you hold m1 longer to heal (also doesn't effect gens) so why not add a type of skillcheck to compliment it

Doc got the reverse skillcheck addon... so it's possible

• RayrafLPPRayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

I really want to support this idea!