Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Tome 1 Level 4 is out and just as mental as we expected

Comments

• hammertimehammertime Member Posts: 51

I agree. I bought the rift pack or whatever its called but i won't buy it anymore because im a casual player and although i can beat the challenges, i dont play enough to where i can complete them from difficulty.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

I’ve done most of the killer challenges and the only one that looks hard is kill four survivors in the basement.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Those...are not that hard. I got the 4 basement in my first week of playing..

Bear traps are surprisingly easy if you know how to place them.

5 hooks in basement again, is easy. Dont camp.

The only one I see being tough is 4 gens simply because without a party of 4 you cant account for all the gens.

Jesus everyone wants CHALLENGES to be handed to them these days...

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Big difference between a challenge and absolute agony through fruitless repetition. If you can pull these off willy-nilly so easily, then congrats... you win a cookie, I guess. But the vast majority of folks apparently do not have your RNG blessings.

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 1,429

I’ll be honest, outside the dark sense one this is my favorite level of the Tome. Nice mix of doable and challenging without being completely bonkers. No stupid levels of grind either. I’m going to enjoy doing these

Cookie for ya'. I haven't.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,865

I'm not even going to try for most. Four gens in a single trial I have done a couple times but it was when I was lower ranks and it also just needs to be that special game where the stars align, or a SWF, which I don't play. I should max out the tome but that's just based on grinding, which isn't fun for me. I doubt I'll be buying any more of the Tomes or battle passes or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 6,807

Reminder: You can always dink gens. I don't think you need to do 400%.

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

4 sacrifices in basement will be the sucks with DCs

• Exactly. It should be 4 kills in the basement not sacrifices. When I was doing the "kill obsession 4 times," I had 2 dcns and both counted, but when I had dcns with the sacrifice ones, they didn't count. They need to account for dcns.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186

Why do people keep acting like the game was played better before the challenges came out?

Many Survivors have always farmed each other off hook, especially unsafely. Many Killers have always camped and/or tunneled. Many Survivors have always sat around and let their allies die on hook just because they couldn't be bothered. Many Killers have always slugged. Many Survivors and Killers have always not cared about the game.

What is new exactly? What have the challenges changed?

• SammehStormbornSammehStormborn Member Posts: 135

You got it in your first week of playing because you were playing against potatoes... You have to be way more precise and careful about the moves you make and that you even get a hook in the basement; most of the time experienced survivors will try and steer away from the basement if they know they’re going down and it’s a killer that can cause extreme pressure once one is in there.

Haven’t tried it yet but I’ll probably go for billy or hag. Getting 5 hooks in the basement was done first attempt though; but that’s because I paired iron grasp with agitation.

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

Quick off topic question: I assume I'm 'safe' to move onto tier 4 without finishing flashlight-save challenge?

• kate_mainkate_main Member Posts: 178

I havent gotten the challange due to the last guy ALWAYS Disconnecting because they figure out what Im doing.

But I run Agitation and Iron grasp and play normal.

You dont have to hook them every single time in the basement.

Just sacrifice .

So no camping needed.

• Overlord_WillOverlord_Will Member Posts: 20

4 Gens in one trial is just madness on top of the killer ones! Welp RIP the dream.

• jinxykinzjinxykinz Member Posts: 69

That’s right. As long as some path to the end of the tier is completed you can move on. I’m on tier 4 and don’t have any of the flashlight challenges done. I’m terrible at aiming!

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

It's as easy as it can get, have you seen the old tome when they released the archives? It's a nightmare.

This new one is good, so far I've finished all the survivors challenges in the lv4 tome, only find sacrifice 4 survivors in the basement is quite RNG but doable, everything else is pretty casual.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 750

Tbh the only hard one is the dark sense one.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Wow. My only complaint about this level was that they were level 1 difficulty. In fact, one of the challenges is literally the same as one of the level 1 challenges. People just want to complain.

So you've finished them all then? You speak in past tense, so I'll assume you're finished.

That's the point, as original stated in the lead post: they're all dirt easy grinds... except the ones that are literally RNG madness, most of which hold lore.

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 244

the trapper one and the agitation one dont seem that hard to me but hey thats just me

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

Yeah it's next to impossible to do 4 gens in a single trial playing a solo survivor, actually a joke. Even with better together + prove thy everyone runs off and does their own thing. Even tried using the add on where all 4 survs start together

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,411
    edited December 2019

Idk about you but I did the basement one in 2 match's first a survivor dced and 2nd agitation iron grasp ftw

That said I played 5 hours and basically knocked out all of 4. while I won't ask for harder challenges. more of them would of been nice.

• ggallinftwggallinftw Member Posts: 338

I find it amusing that they removed the rank bug to discourage lobby dodging but add in challenges that'll make me dodge any lobby that doesn't agree to farm. Seriously, i'm not playin Trapper all day hopin for a team of idiots to step in 6 traps.