Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Don’t let killers lobby dodge

Comments

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113

Still doesn't change the fact that a skin or item doesn't define a player.

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Member Posts: 179

You're right it doesnt, but it's not the skin I'm talking about I mean I guess it is kind of but it's the action.

You ACTIVELY coordinated to use the same exact character and outfit which is a STRONG INDICATOR of the behavior to expect from the team your about face. It's not a guarantee but it's a high probability.

• KaskraneKaskrane Member Posts: 35

what If I have to answer the door ? Oh get away for something that I almost forgot ?

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113

The thing is, I've seen many squads who were the same character, but they're solos. And even if they were and chose to all be the same character, what does it matter? If I play in a 4man and were all baby megs or Dwights, it doesn't mean were trying to be toxic. It can be used strategically, or used for nothing. Like I said, skins don't define a player, and even if they're all the same, it still doesn't change that statement.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 741

I don’t really wanna get involved with this, but your logic can easily be reversed with, why should survivors be forced to deal with something like an ebony + iri head , they have no way of knowing what’s there until offering screen, and until the game starts

• Imagine complaining about killers dodging, when the ability to see teammates ranks was removed because of survivor dodging 😆

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

This is not gonna happen. You just tell me that if i queue, i have to play the game no matter what or i'll get a timeout. BIG LOL

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

why do perks like distortion exist?

Anyway, they need to bring back the feature to see the ranks of your teammates, it was a good support for solos. But hell no it was useful for solos, let's remove it asap. BHVR logic.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

OP: Let me be the stereotypical gen rushing SWF!

Killer: Dodges that stupidity.

OP:

But really, though. You want to stop lobby dodging? Then stop trying to waste a killers time by rushing a match. We killers need to wait as well, and to be thrown into a match against a swf that wants to have 'fun' at the killers expense is depressing. We're people as well, ya know. Though, I encourage you to bring as many medkits as you want. Lets me grab my Plague and spank you lot.

• yoiyoi Member Posts: 338
    edited December 2019

because facing 4 toolboxes isnt fun, because facing keys isnt fun and sometimes we dont want to bring an ebony mori to balance that stuff so i dodge and leave that for a try harder if i dont want to try hard. the game already is way too survivor sided and still u want it to be even more already queue times are a thing and why do u think it is a thing?... dont throw gas to the already existing fire. GOOD red ranks are the most unfun thing to go against and there is a reason.

• tetsuotetsuo Member Posts: 151

There are less people playing killer nowadays because of how stressful a game can be, imagine removing lobby dodging lol. There will be only survivors playing the game, I mean, waiting in a loooooong queue for a killer to come.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

Ranks was nice, but what you propose screws with some killers.

• DepressedClownMainDepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I think people should be able to see ranks, items, offerings and everything. It is literally so dumb to force people to play with no teamates, force people to play against ebony and force a killer that is not confident or just trying to enjoy the game to play against Hex:GG eazy and his SWF.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 1,308

Ok i made an edit to the post.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186
    edited December 2019

Can we go one day without someone crawling out of the woodwork and suggesting this?

Its never going to happen. Killers need to be able to see what Survivors are coming in and with what items. Survivors can see it, and so should Killers.

Lmao. Look at this person being arrogant and having an ego about something that means nothing.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 1,308

all i want is the rank info back... i dont actually want killers to be blind during lobbies. Also if i see 3 rank 12s or 3 rank 16s i still wont dodge, i just know that "yeah this is gonna be a ######### show, but ill put on a fun build just to see what happens" But without the rank info i just sit there and wonder "WHY TF IS EVERYONE SO IMMERSED"

• BushetteLyfeBushetteLyfe Member Posts: 27

Just hide names. There are some people I would leave the lobby to not play with/against since there are some really toxic people. Left 4 survivors not die dropped them and let them wiggle soI could chase, then they all cuss me out as the worst killer ever? I won't ever play as a survivor with them nor killer if I see them.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250

If I see 4 toolboxes or your obviously a coordinated group I'm lobbydodging I didnt wait 10 minutes to get bullied and get 8000 bloodpoints and 0 progress towards my challenge

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 637

It was a bug. Also to set killers on the same level as survivors in terms of pre game information is just a bad idea.

The day Im not allowed to dodge a 4 man swf I know for playing toxic is the day I delete DbD.

• MegHasCuteFeetMegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

Why would I play when I can identify an unfun match from my eyes?

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343

Why bother playing when you have almost no chance of winning?

Not defending lobby dodging here just giving an explanation for why it's not an isolated issue and it's rooted in much more complex balance issues with the game.

No one wants to vs a 4 man blendette group with toolboxes.

• NinoV1NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah but you’re never gonna get better if you don’t try.

• TheDizTheDiz Member Posts: 240

I agree that we should be able to see ranks again. I have never lobby dodged and to be honest I think there's always something you can bring to counter what you see as survivors so I don't understand why people would lobby dodge? I usually play survivor but played killer last 3 games for Rift challenges and daily and the DC rate is ridiculous! I played against SWF teams that were rank 5 and 6 and I'm 15 since I don't play killer much. All games 2 players DC'd after first down or first hook? Everyone was going for Ruin and I had a trap set so it didn't go well for them, lol. Hopefully they get some kind of penalty. I just ended up farming one game and gave hatch to last 2. I have a feeling rift challenges are gonna be a grind.

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343

It's not even about getting better. That's a poor excuse to justify bad game design. I've seen Otz, Zubat, Tru3, Aaronplays, etc. lose 2 - 3 gens before getting a hook and sometimes losing a game downing everyone in 30 seconds or less. Killers need a way to gauge how to properly face a team of survivors since they have 1/4 of the resources survs have.

Edit: typo

• TomCJaxTomCJax Member Posts: 13

Seems okay, I lobby dodge the first couple teams just out of spite. They should consider themselves lucky, I ALWAYS face camp them anyway.

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 340

If I see 4 people pop in at once, all with tool boxes and P3, I'm dodging. I'd rather avoid the headache. I'm an alright killer, but I know when I see that kind of loadout I'm gonna have a bad time lol.

• JohnbleJohnble Member Posts: 175

Seeing the ranks allows me to know how seriously I need to play or if I can be chill. Also, I play solo so if someone else picks the same character that I did or 3 other people I can't communicate with bring in a toolbox or whatever, I can't help that and I'm not changing my playstyle/perks or who my favorites are to prevent killers from dodging just as I don't expect Myers players to stop using him.

There are killers I don't like going against but I suck it up and play the match. If one doesn't like the randomness of it all and wants to restrict what survivors can bring in so one doesn't feel the need to dodge, KYF exists.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

Why should red rank survivors have to play with rank 18-20 in the first place when not in swf? This is a silly matchmaking system. I have queued up as a solo and seen each person come in solo with quite a bit of time between and me and one were red and the other 2 were rank 18.

This certainly wasn't fun for me as they kept going instantly down against our red rank killer.

Fine I get it they dont want to increase queue times. But then they need to fix matchmaking. Because it's broken as hell.

• dollbaby7870dollbaby7870 Member Posts: 26

I agree with what you saying - even if seeing other survivors ranks was a bug it helped me have some idea of what kind of killer I'll be facing. I play for fun and don't usually go past a rack 12. If I get into a lobby with 3 survivors that are rank 2 (yes it's happened) then I know I don't want to play that game because I'm just going to end up dead in a minute. So I'd rather leave and the 3 remaining survivors are better off waiting 30 more seconds for someone more suited to their rank.

If a killer lobby dodges then no killer EVER appears and I have to leave and search for a new game (had this happen a dozen times recently). If a survivor leaves the spot is filled right away ever since they fixed the 3 survivor bug. So add back the ranks. Or take away seeing the survivors from the killer - make it fair.

I don't wanna hear we can't pick our perks then from killers because guess what - survivors can't pick their perks based on the killer! So in the end if everyone is blind then it's fair.