Home Discussions General Discussions

Ruin needs to be added to every killer by default, not a perk

Comments

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 1,195

I’ve argued quite strenuously against Kindred basekit as well. So I guess my stance is “perks are perks for a reason, making them basekit is not a good balance move”

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 433

Killer still needs something to slow the game without the requirement of taking ruin.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,228

If you're required to take it, and it's gone in 10 seconds, but you still win the match... Was it really required?

It always makes me laugh how some people complain about totems being destroyed in seconds almost every match but also say they can't win without ruin =/

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

That's why haunted grounds is a secret S tier perk. You can pretty much rely on having it popped within the first minute of the game because of how trash the totem spawns are.

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

One of the best strategies in the game is to hook someone on your ruin and camp it. I have actually gotten use out of hangman's trick by camping the same hook next to ruin all game.

Nothing will get you more salt.

• SheldorSheldor Member Posts: 169

So many killer players overused ruin that half experienced players have not much of a problem hitting perfect skillchecks most of the time so gens go just as quick as without it and games without ruin become even faster.

I hardly ever use it on any killer, its not necessary. As a survivor I find it annoying that it not only stops gen progress for 3 s but also bites 3 s repair progress out of your progress bar.

3 people on a gen not constantly hitting skill checks (which tend to occur at a ridiculously high frequency) can easily bring a gen down in short time.

Its an overdone perk like so many bad design decision this studio delivers combined with very bad coding.

• FJSJ_LunarFJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
  • thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,377

I mean sure. Then after a couple of months. When every survivor learns to hit greats, what then?

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,360

If you changed ruin to be something else? Maybe. But survivors should also have something like kindred or deja vu in their base kit as well. You also don't need ruin on a lot of killers and builds. Billy, Nurse, Spirit and maybe Pig do just fine without it (Pig because her RBTs can be a built-in gen slowdown by taking survivors off gens for a while). Not running ruin doesn't give you that little bit of security at the beginning of matches but it also means you don't have to babysit it at the beginning either so it's a double-edged sword really

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,834

Never going to happen. You might as well ask for killers to be equipped with automatic rifles. You'll get the same response.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,568

as a killermain, i would heavily dislike that.

this would only lead the survivors attention at totems, therefore indirectly nerfing any other totem perk in existence (well, besides Haunted Grounds ofc).

if you wish to play with Ruin, equip it. but please do not force it uppon other players like me, who play without the perk (and do so rather succesfully i might add).

Survivors are already OP, that's why killers need a buff. Buffing survivors in exchange for buffing killer won't solve the problem.

• perezkarlo37perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2019

I think that gens need to be moderately slower and in compensation for that ruin should have a little nerf, because it can last all the match along and normally all 4 survivors would be dead, or it lasts less than one minute and the match vanishes in less than 5 minds. So if gens were slower, killers wouldn't need to use ruin every time in order to get a decent match.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 963

Get to what?

I play without ruin. Losing 1 or 2 gens in the beginning of the game whilst you have no pressure is OK. You're supposed to stall survivors gen progress once you start injuring and hooking them

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,360

Survivors are not OP, they just aren't. And giving killers ruin as basekit won't solve the problem either, it'll make a survivor's playtime miserable and killers rely too much on it. In higher ranks, it won't make much of a difference, but in low ranks the game would become killer sided. The real problems are with map design, this is what makes survivors seem "OP".

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 2,189

Gotta disagree. Play some games without it and the clock in your head will adjust. Gotta break chases sooner sometimes.

Split pressure as much as you can and you can still do fine.

• jzinskyjzinsky Member Posts: 112

Why not add noed, nurses calling, BBQ and reveal the survivors at all times too?

• TheObamacareTheObamacare Member Posts: 29

Ummm.... No. You see yes people can win in red ranks without using it. If they are playing an S tier killer... (Billy, Nurse, Oni or Spirit) becsuse they can roam the map faster with their abilities, every other killer the majority if the list does bit fair well without it. Thats the point killers try to make... And then de pip because when they finish a chase a gen has been finished. Don't post silly cookie cutter things like that.

• JohnbleJohnble Member Posts: 175

Or adapt your skills to a point that you don't need to rely on ruin. I rarely see it on Xbox. I don't play often enough to care about ranks and I'm usually no higher that a rank 15 so that leads me to believe it isn't crucial for as many killers as some would like us to believe.

• GrimzyGrimzy Member Posts: 62

I would say leave ruin as it is, and rework Huntress Lullaby and change it to where the longer a survivor stays on the same generator the lower the progress speed gets. This way it would slow down the generators and require survivors to swap gens .

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

Either they fix the ways gen speed currently works or I honestly agree. This would also actively free up a perk slot for basically every killer in the game, and thus make every killer just a little bit stronger.

You don't need Ruin to win? Ah, okay. Go play Hag, Trapper, Huntress - let me know how you do without it. Oh, I'm sure you play games with them and win all the time. Did you know I got adept at red ranks on 4 killers in basically every game I played as them? Wow, I must not need Ruin :)

I'm seeing a lot of sentiment on these forums lately that you don't need Ruin. I suppose when a dev themselves say that they don't use Ruin and "still have fun" tells all you need to know about it.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,340

You can believe me or not, but I'm not talking about S tier killers. You can consistently win at rank 1 using any killer you like if you're good enough at playing them. You don't need Ruin, you just need pressure and skill.

• As both a killer and survivor main, that’s a terrible idea. One, the characters are already pretty cheap as it is, otherwise all you have to do is actually play the game to buy hay with game tokens or just wait until ruin appears—it’s truly not that hard if you need the perk that much. Two, as a survivor, ruin is annoying, yes, but totems cannot be spawned in THAT randomly, it will be gone within the first few minutes, if not seconds and if you’re even a decent player you can get hex skill check pretty easily. And three, as a killer, yes when you’re first starting it is a wonderful boost to your build, but if you rely solely on pick-me-up or fall-back perks to be a good killer? You need to rethink your playing strat and maybe watch a few people play to find a better build for you to get comfortable with, my guy.

• sluc16sluc16 Member Posts: 265

Nope. I have faced many killers not running ruin (even trappers) that just destroy the whole team. The issue is you don't apply good pressure. Any killer can be good even with no Ruin.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,340

How many people in this thread have requested Kindred as basekit?