Home Technical Issues

Game not launching correctly

Ok, so I just baught the game (for the 3rd time) and I am having trouble getting it to run correctly on my pc. It goes to load and then you hear yui's intro, but no visual. Until you crt alt del, and cancel the menu out. Then It will show a still of her intro. You have to do this multiple times to get it to get to the Dead by daylight loading screen, where you then have to do the same thing to get into the game. Please, please, please help. We have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I have downloaded it to a different computer, and it worked fine. Please help me get this game to work. I've tried changing the resolution, and the graphics settings to no avail. We have moved the files to a different drive, made sure all of the files were there, verified the game files through steam, tried to launch through the win.64 method. tried to launch from steam. I'm at my wits end here.

Comments

• RockRage8962RockRage8962 Member Posts: 45

The game appears to be having all kinds of issues with users on specific machines, myself included. Unfortunately, this seems to be a hardware level issue as far as I can tell. What operating system are you running off of? If it's Windows 7, you might want to consider upgrading to Windows 10 if possible, as Windows 7 support is being dropped by Microsoft next month.

• Its windows 10

Part of a file may be corrupted within DbD itself. It's hard to say for certain, since this game is full of issues, but if nothing else works, try a clean re-install of DbD. A clean re-install involves deleting the DbD folder in Steam itself, and then re-installing the game with no old leftover files. It didn't fix my issue sadly, but it might work if all else fails. Sadly, the only other option that I believe is possible is re-installing Windows, or using it on another machine entirely.

• it works on my boyfriends computer no problem, so i'm just going to have to play it there. we've tried the clean reinstall. no dice. thank you for the comments

Unfortunately, nothing worked on my end either. Given how that's the case, it's very likely that it's a hardware related issue for the both of us, despite the different operating systems and issues we're experiencing. All I can hope for is an eventual fix for these problems.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,982

If you're doing a clean install, it's also worth cleaning your steam cache as per the instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

Just because steam is terrible at keeping bad files around, and then using those for the "clean installs." -_-

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,982

Mmmkay. Boot, get it to crash/whatever it's doing, grab the log file and chuck it up here so we can take a look. :)

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run".

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.