Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Oh my god the Hag sucks

Comments

• Purple_OrcPurple_Orc Member Posts: 169
    edited December 2019

Since @SpaceCoconut didn't say it I will. Watch his youtube videos. He's very good at playing Hag.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

You teleport 40 meters at base. With no add-ons. Almost twice your terror radius and out of Make Your Choice range. You're supposed to play half-map with her, not try to be everywhere at once.

I'm talking about good survivors. You can get away with camping with every killer given the right team of potatoes, and there are plenty of those in red ranks. Bad survivors AND killers alike can climb if they play enough hours in this game.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I feel bad for the poor guy if he thinks hag is bad xD

• Herman_CMHHerman_CMH Member Posts: 181

Agree, one more thing is the chasing speed, I just never can hit a survivor if he / she is good at looping

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 1,141

I was just about to send them to your videos but others have already shared.

Check out space coconut amazing hag main I have learnt so much in the very little time I have been watching I no longer fear hag dailys and even on ps4 your tips and view points are amazing.

I am now actually playing her some more than just for dailys but not to much do not want piggy to get jealous lol

BTW your laugh is amazing 🐖💕

Much respect 🐽

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'm glad you're doing well with her :)

love you back :P

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,183

She isn't a camping killer, or at least if you play her that way it is not optimal.

Pick a side of the map with the best gen configuration. Set traps in middle of jungle gyms, and at key vaults. If you can trap the shack do it.

Don't get in long chases with her. This is key. If you are chasing someone in a non trap zone you are wasting time. Herd survivors to your trapped area and let them do all the work for you.

When it comes to hooking a survivor do NOT trap around the hook. It wastes time and not very effective with swf anyways.

Instead, trap the closest jungle gyms and high traffic areas. You want to always be applying pressure. If someone trips a trap on the way to an unhook that is what you want! Bam, you got one on the hook and now you are chasing a second. The other two have to act. If you down that survivor before the other is unhooked you are now snow balling baby!

Her best perk is Monitor and Abuse. Use if effectively by approaching gens in an unusually way (like behind against the wall). The small terror radius and her small stature can really trip up survivors.

Besides MA, Play with your Food can help her with speed, and Whispers let you quickly know if survivors are near gens are not. Do not use it as a tracking perk, use it as 'oh there are not in this area' and move on perk. Its a time saver.

Her best add-ons are the increased distance to teleport, and the fast trap set.

Hag is a queen and can easily get you to purple ranks. This is just my experience. I love her to bits!

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

Lol. Camping works against any team, of any skill level. You watch a "mean" streamer like pro vengeance camp and tunnel and it works for HUNDREDS of games in a row.

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

So you can tell me it doesn't work because 1 out of 200 games you will find the super unaltrustic survivors who just sit on gens while everyone dies 1 by 1.

• Hex_KillerMainBTWHex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 446

Hag is one of THE most balanced killers imo. Her movement speed is the same as huntress. Doing early traps around corners, strong loops and putting some near hooks makes her amazing. If you truly are going a 4 stack SWF, they won't even know you had a trap there. Use perks like monitor and abuse, save the best for last and you're golden. Grandma's heart and waterlogged shoes are my two favorite add ons for her. Especially on coldwind farm where there's good strong loops. You chase them, they try and go through a window but SURPRISE, it's blocked off and then her current terror radius goes to 0 while the triggered trap's is at 16 meters.

The only reason why it "works" is because survivors get bored. No one actually wants to sit on gens the entire game. Most survivors would rather risk throwing the game because people don't play videogames to get bored to death.

If they want to escape against you while you 1-hook someone, they will. I absolutely guarantee it.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 494

Well you dont chase with her. You trap. If you find yourself chasing you need to set more traps, especially at loops. She is a really strong killer she just has a different play style.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited December 2019

Just set trap on near pallets, hex totem, hooked survivor, strong loop place, gens and windows

She's slow indeed but you need a teleport to hit/down survivors easily during chase

If you're chasing a survivor with good chasing and waste your time, forget about them and hunt somebody else. Don't spent so much time on 1 person.

SWF are problem to all killers and not just Hag (Trust me)

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,911

The hag is the only killer who can grab survivor's camera and direct it forcing them to bump into objects. What not to likes about her?

• Tr0gTr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

I feel like Hag is extra problematic against SWF. Other killers retain their abilities but if there are 1-2 flashlights and voice comms in the game your traps are pointless. And then you're just an M1 killer with 110% mov speed and a crappy camera height.

She has traps that she can teleport to, to M1 people.. So you have to play mind tricks twice to get 1 down. Other killers have abilities to down someone immediately. Freddy can teleport to any gen of choice (or fake teleport) while also countering loops with his Dream Snares. Doctor can counter loops with his shock while also passively making the game more difficult for survivors and revealing their positions. Demogorgon can teleport around the maps using portals. All those killers have 115% mov speed too. Hag depends on her traps being triggered to use her underwhelming teleport ability.

I just feel the Hag's ability is underwhelming compared to other killers. Like someone said, you're only supposed to play one half of the map. It's like you must go for a 3-gen strategy otherwise you can't win. And when you're down to 3 gens her poor chase potential will make the game an endless stalemate.

On console 90% of games are against SWF with voice comms (consoles are more social), so I consider gameplay against SWF to be standard.

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Always have all of your traps scattered in the map. Always.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

So you want to play hag do you? Well my friend..let us begin..Hag is all strategy and deception..forcing survivors into her traps..As you begin the match start placing traps in strategic locations survivors are likely to step in as you search for a chase target ..Gens and jungle gyms chief among them, but areas survivors cut through commonly to get between gens is also a good idea as they wont be expecting those and are very likely to help you get chases done faster.

Now next is placement..trap placement is as important as location..advanced hag players know that when you trap a jungle gym..put the trap to slightly sideways from the pallet or window your trapping , this makes use of the camera lock hag traps give to disrupt survivor pathing and help you land those hits..note that trapping too close to the pallet will result in you eating splinters.

Next is pressure..hag has to play things differently as a 110 killer..if a chase is going poorly and another trap goes off..switch targets, you may get the easier target or at least keep gens down a little bit better, and once a survivor is hooked, place a trap near them as to slow down their rescuers..and make sure traps are close enough you can hopefully get a trap to go off on the unhooker..this helps hag make extremely good use of make your choice and this is where she is strongest..while someone is hooked she can snowball off a rescue like mad..in the case of a basement hook..add one additional trap at the top of the stairs..makes your basement very hard to escape.

Finally..mind games..sometimes you'll find yourself in a place devoid of traps..if you feel confident..place a trap along the loop and based off your survivor..you can use the trap as normal..or..use it to scare survivors into trying to get back over the window/pallet as you flank around the other way..the old checkmate play..With some practice you'll find these tips should help you immensely and will show you why hag is an almost perfect killer for dbd..and why shes extremely underestimated

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited December 2019

She's a incredibly powerful killer definitely one of the top tier killers without much effort. Problem is you need to learn how to place traps and where. When I say how it means what is the purpose of this trap. Is it to Abuse the camera flick, protect a hook/location, or keep survivors on guard? Location Location Location is important with her. She's not a chaser, but instead a Spider who expects you to come to her. Hit the survivor and move on. Hag is one of the most powerful killers if you know how to survivor well.

If there`s a flashlight - Franklin`s. I'm a Hag main and I never have trouble with flashlights, not even against SWF. The only time when flashlights are a problem is when someone has OoO.

Her teleport is NOT underwhelming. If you're placing your traps appropriately you should never get looped, ever. If you're commiting to chases in places where you don't have traps that's on you. That's the simplest mistake people make when playing Hag, and people who think she's bad generally don't execute her gameplay properly. Half of the work of the chases is done before you run into survivors. There's a very simple flowchart here. If they're running towards your traps, you down them, no questions asked. If they're not, you abandon chase and go somewhere else. She downs people faster than anyone else if you execute her properly. She has ways of near instantly hitting survivors after the trap is triggered, leaving little to no counterplay after they run into your traps.

Yes, she plays half map. And that's a good thing. Unlike other killers you don't have to worry about patrolling every generator. Hag has the absolute best zone control of the game, bar none. Survivors may get one or two generators for free, but once you get one down and you set up your traps around 4 gens, they're playing your game.

Hag's not for everyone. She requires conceding, patience and planning ahead. People who think she's weak are simply not playing her properly. And that's fine tbh. Just like Nurse and Huntress aren't for everyone, Hag has her very specific playstyle which is different from anything else in the game but also extremely strong. She's MILES better than most killers in the game once you learn how to properly use her. Don't dismiss her strength before watching people who can actually play her.

And please don't compare her teleport to Freddy's. Hag teleports and smacks you instantly. Freddy has a 5 second warning. His teleport isn't meant for chases, hers is.

Since you main her like a friend of mine I got a question. Do you get crap chaser emblem as well when you do well? Usually if I dominated with her I barely manage silver.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

D TIER INTENSIFIES

Yeah I do feel like if I stomp too hard with her the chaser emblem can get a bit ######### sometimes. Not as much as Billy's or Plague's though.

They should just rework the emblem system to something tailored to specific killers imo, it's a joke sometimes. You can't compare Hag's or Billy's chaser to a M1 killer and analyze them with the same parameters.

Ya I always thought each killer should have there own pipping and emblem system.

• Tr0gTr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

Franklin's demise is a joke against SWF, someone else will pick up the flashlight while I'm chasing. The perk only works properly against solo players.

I truly don't see how Hag can be top tier killer when literally all she has is a trap that you can teleport to for an M1 hit. And that's if you teleport instantly, if you teleport after half a second you'll just end up in a chase that lasts forever with her speed.

Against solo players I do fine with the Hag. Against SWF I do terribly, and on console that's 90% of the matches. Yes, other killers also suffer from SWF, but the Hag suffers much more than others, even more if there's a flashlight. What use is laying down a trap when someone will destroy it with a flashlight 5 seconds later because it was called out on voice?

I feel like I'm talking to PC players here. I don't know what PC matchmaking is like but the vast majority of console matches are against 3-4 man SWF groups. Nearly everyone with a console has a headset and console players play with friends more often than PC players.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

If you willing to learn how to play Hag, someone at the Haggers den discord will be happy to help you.

• SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 204

I thought this thread was gonna be about how boring it is to play as Hag and against her, but apparently people think that Hag is underpowered. (spoiler alert: no, she's a very powerfull killer)

Anyway, continuing my thoughts, she's just very boring, she's boring to play as and against, her game ramp up feels even slower than Trappers, you HAVE to use her phantasm traps to catch someone, otherwise you're just running after someone until they run into your trap, you teleport and hit them, repeat from step 1.

I wish devs will give her some sort of rework at some point to fix that, otherwise I'll just never touch her, maybe I'll even skip her tome if one comes out before her rework, it's just mentally exhausting to play as her and against.

I've faced plenty of SWF groups in red ranks as Hag and never had any trouble I wouldn't have with any other killer. I think you just need more experience with her.

If you're good you should be getting an instant or near instant hit every time your trap is triggered, so no long chases. You need to constantly have your finger ready on the teleport key as Hag.

Besides, they have no way of knowing it's a Hag. So your nightmare scenario would be more than one person bringing flashlights and someone with OoO to see where you place traps, while someone is doing nothing besides following you to deactivate traps. That's just not realistic.

I think you just need to play more calm and confident against these groups as Hag.