Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers and Tunneling

Comments

• LustForBPLustForBP Member Posts: 611

Lmao the ignorance is seriously strong with you. Before you attempt to attack me, go back and read each and every post I made. I’m pro-tunnel when it comes to mid-late game. I’m anti-tunnel early game because it impacts the survivor negatively.

I’m a killer main, play survivor with my group. You would probably get looped by me into a rage.

Let’s not use perks as a cure all to tunneling. It’s all been discussed prior to your ignorant statements.

A few of you in here most be going through some hormonal changes with your threats of tunneling people 🤦🏽‍♂️ That doesn’t bother me. I play for enjoyment. This is a post in defense of survivors that are penalized for early-game tunneling.

You having problems at home or something bud? Arguments can be made without trying to insult someone, that’s how you know you lack the intelligence to try and argue the actual point and not the person behind the text.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

In a case like this, I don't tunnel at all, in fact, I will actively not tunnel. I will slug you if I have to, but I won't instantly rehook. When you get a survivor that tries to abuse the god loops, or legit knows the map and how to abuse it, then I get into tunnel mode.

Again, the entitlement is strong with this one. You don't want to penalize a survivor for doing the objective, but you do want to penalize the killer for doing the objective. Tunneling is the exact same as a gen rush, eliminating the objective as fast as possible. The only difference is that the generator doesn't run away. Gen rush = no pip for killer, tunneling = no pip for survivor. Gen rush has counters, so does tunneling.

• BoomBoom420BoomBoom420 Member Posts: 10

If any of this takes effect, think about safe hook rescues and perks affected by them, not to mention if a survivor were just unhooked and started healing, apparently you are a duck if you go and hit them. This discussion is a no-brainer and that tunneling is not punishable. Hook-camping punishes your chaser emblem so I don't see the problem here.

You're seriously comparing “gen-rush” to tunneling?

There are literally like 10+ perks for countering “gen-rush”. You claim I’m entitled, yet again, but completely let the point soar over your pea-sized brain.

Tunneling because of a “gen-rush” is acceptable. Tunneling before any gen has been completed is toxic.

What counters a tunnel? Especially, early game where the survivor has no chance to pip but will de-pip.

The tunneling I’m referring to, as has been mentioned, is.... when the killer is targeting one survivor despite maybe 0-1 gens been completed. Ignores other survivors and literally just goes for that one.

Nowhere here is there a sense of entitlement. Especially when I’m a KILLER MAIN that opposes early-game tunneling. If you are that bad that you’re only excuse to tunneling is “but gEn rUsH” then you need to practice more as killer or use viable perks to counter it. You can’t counter a tunnel. Yeah, your team might escape but you de-pip. This discussion isn’t about a TEAM it’s about a SINGLE SURVIVOR being penalized. Jesus.

COMPREHENSION IS KEY.

my God... 😂🤦🏽‍♂️ I give up with this thread lmfao. You all have created this sense of “this dude wants killers to be punished because of tunneling”. No, I killer main. Tunneling is strategic for mid-late game called, it’s toxic early-game. This is about sole survivors being penalized for being nullified to do anything because of a tunneler that ignores everyone else.

All of you try and attack me, insult me, yet have no constructive argument against my point. It’s ridiculous 🤷🏽‍♂️

That’s it. Lol you guys have a great day/night/life. I’m over this thread.

Yes, because it's the same thing. No BP's, a depip, and a loss. Why should the killer always be reactive to what survivors do?

What 10 perks counter a gen rush? Ruin can go down instantly. Corrupt helps the early game, then nothing else. Pop works if you can catch and hook a survivor. Thanataphobia works if you can keep them injured, but still barely helps.

Borrowed time, DS, Iron Will, loops, quick and quiet, dance with me, lightweight, etc.

Again, you desperately want to label me as a bad killer and tunneler because I am disagreeing with you. I rarely tunnel any more, but I understand why killers do it.

You get tunneled, you depip, move on to the next game. Just like getting rushed and looped.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Well, killers get penalised for camping and tunnelling by getting less gatekeeper score and less chase score. It's not "efficient, requires no thought or skill, but people will do it anyway because they just want to be an ass and you really can't stop that. There's also no real way to compensate survivors who are getting tunnelled. Either try to make yourself a less inviting target somehow or hope they pick you up while DS is active.

• Waldorf_2R3Waldorf_2R3 Member Posts: 20

No deal Howey, and since I have you here, clown needs a rubber chicken as a weapon.

edited December 2019

Last post to you, until I get my builds for the other guy. This is more of an informative post since you don’t know of the perks. Counter-perks to “gen rush” and “looping” which are the majority reason for tunneling

Nurse’s Calling - See auras of healing survivors

Bamboozle - Blocks vault locations

BBQ - see other survivors when hooking a survivor

Bitter Murmur - see auras if survivors when a gen is completed

Corrupt Intervention - Blocks 3 farthest gens from you for up to 120 seconds.

Coulrophobia - slows healing

Cruel Limits - blocks vault locations when a gen is completed

Discordance - Shows what gen has two or more survivors on it.

Fire up - gives a speed buff to killer for each gen completed

Franklins Demise - knock items from survivors

Devour Hope - Exposed status, possible Mori on token gain

Haunted Grounds - Exposed Status

Huntress Lullaby - added regression for missed skill checks, no skill check warning, shorter window for skill check and no sound.

No One Escapes Death - In its name.

Ruin - penalty for good skill checks, none for great.

Knock Out - no aura for dying survivors outside of range

Make Your Choice - Exposed Status for unhooking

Mindbreaker - exhausted status for gens repairing under 50%

Overcharge - “impossible” skill check

Pop - 25% regression to gens after hooking survivor

Spirit Fury - Instantly destroys pallet

Surge - Putting a survivor into dying state pops surround gens and regresses them

Surveillance - all regressed gens are highlighted white, then yellow when regression is stopped

Tinkerer - when a gen is at 85% you have a 0 terror radius

Thanatophobia- up to 4% slowdown on survivor capabilities per injured survivor

Thrilling Tremors - All gens not being repaired are blocked for 16 seconds when a survivor is picked up

Unnerving Presence - increased chance of skill checks

• Ramxenoc445Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,359

Yeah but doing all that other stuff is what killers want survivors to be doing to avoid gen rush. But there is no reason to open chests because you get those items from.blood web and from chests they're usually crap tier so why even? Same for totems. Any killer that complains about gen rush I say just bring noed. Most womt expect and if enough killers do it and get some sort of success from it survivors will stop gen rushing and do items which will give some extra time at least. Or just use only slow down builds. Easy clap.

Most of those don't do anything against a true gen rush. I'm talking all 5 gens are done in under 5 minutes. Nurses, BBQ, Coulor, Pop, Thanato, Franklins, and Surge all require catching a survivor quickly, which is garbage for the likes of hag or trapper. Haunted grounds only works with ruin, and if both get broken, you are down two perks for little gain, same for devour. Unnerving does nothing against good survivors, unless you're playing impossible skill check doctor.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Camping and tunneling is NOT killrushing. You waste 5-10 minutes chasing one survivor while everyone is working on gens. Congrats. You killed one player while three escaped 😂

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,578

I'MMA KILLRUSH THIS FOOL.

*stands still for two minutes*

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

If a game is 5-10min long, it is likely 3-4k for me. 😋 Dont worry, I dont waste my time.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

This is going to be a hard pill for most people to swallow, but here it goes:

It is not the job of killer or survivor players to babysit the fun of the other. Anything outside of just trying to "get your points/pip/whatever and leave" is a courtesy on your part. Being camped/tunneled does suck, and losing 3 gens due to an average first chase is also #########. Both of these problems are linked to poor game design, and are not necessarily behaviors most players would participate in if there was ANYTHING ELSE TO DO IN THIS VIDEO GAME.

My 2 cents.

edited December 2019

2nd hard pill - I enjoy the odd occasion where Killers try REALLLLY hard to kill me, or Survivors crank out gens like robots, causing me to feel pressured. I don't want every single match to feel exactly the same or have universal difficulty - I doubt most players do.

3rd hard pill - The game is more balanced now then it has ever been.

4th hard pill - Most of the people playing realize it's not a "super serious e-sport" and enjoy it for what it is, even at high ranks.

5th hard pill - Maps are the real 'killer' for most Killers, but I'd rather have map size variety than reduce them all in size (buffing already strong killers) as some would suggest. Personally, I view the maps with a fighting game mindset - IE Oh, Trapper sucks on this map, I'm gonna have a hard time winning, but it happens. Maybe each map could have size variations - IE Trapper would get a smaller number of tiles than Billy (just brainstorming).

Clayfighters was super fun :3

• jjwild909jjwild909 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2019

It’s dead by daylight what else do you expect.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

With your play style, I highly doubt that’s the case

• kazzymoyashikazzymoyashi Member Posts: 126

Great response, by the by.

I feel you on the not increasing gen time but I also know there are times where a killer gets rushed, even with ruin and pop, as some people are REALLY good at hex skillchecks (and i.e. my friend is amazing at running a killer and will take that role every game because she finds it fun to run). So, it's always a never-ending battle that way... I appreciate you taking the time out to try and be polite and whatnot! Keep it up!

• kazzymoyashikazzymoyashi Member Posts: 126

Not necessarily true. It only becomes that way from people's reactions. We can all be adults and have legitimate conversations/debates, but it requires a certain level of maturity from all people.

It’s hard to have a constructive discussion these days. I learned the hard way through this thread.

Thank you for not trying to attack me and actually having reasoning and an opinion.

on a side note: I was wrong. It’s 80 seconds solo gen, with no perk negating progression.

He/She is a HUGE supporter of hook camping and tunneling. I’d ignore any further conversation with them tbh.

edited December 2019

A lot of those perks are not very good and actually lead to easier games for survivors.

IE Unnerving Presence basically gives you a 50/50 shot of hitting a great, Huntress Lullaby is bad/win-more at best, Fire-Up and Tinkerer do not offer a good enough benefit to offset their steep activation costs, Overcharge is easy to hit unless you're playing Doctor, Spirit Fury requires a 2nd perk to be useful, etc.

Wasting perk slots is not going to help people refrain from tunneling.

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • CrispyChestnutsCrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    edited December 2019

Dbl post

Post edited by CrispyChestnuts on
  • CrispyChestnutsCrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

You said everyone who disagrees was incapable of understanding the argument. That's an attack ad hominem. Saying you are making an attack ad hominem isn't an attack ad hominem, or else you saying that I was the only one doing it would also be one by your own logic.

People here understand the argument, they just disagree with you. That does not make them stupid.

• LordTohesLordTohes Member Posts: 143

The game was created to play that way, I accept that it is silly, but the whole game is silly, so if you want something smart in DBD it is because you are very confused and you would have to change the game 🙂