Home Discussions General Discussions

Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Caretaker said:

Gonna drop the hot take here, Sprint Burst is arguably more powerful than DS and allows far more mistakes/escapes. As does the mini-sprint burst after hitting a survivor. I've watched survivors clear the map in the time it took me to catch them, hit them, and watch them sprint off from the hit. If gates are open it's pretty much a free win. Ever seen a Sprint Burst + Hit Burst? They get double speed. That's right, it stacks.

I'm there wiping and they're already shooting off at ludicrous speed.

Oh easily lol it makes every gen a safe gen. Hell there could be a gen in the basement and with sprint burst it’s possible get out without being hit
  • CaretakerCaretaker Member Posts: 764
    edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

Gonna drop the hot take here, Sprint Burst is arguably more powerful than DS and allows far more mistakes/escapes. As does the mini-sprint burst after hitting a survivor. I've watched survivors clear the map in the time it took me to catch them, hit them, and watch them sprint off from the hit. If gates are open it's pretty much a free win. Ever seen a Sprint Burst + Hit Burst? They get double speed. That's right, it stacks.

Oh easily lol it makes every gen a safe gen. Hell there could be a gen in the basement and with sprint burst it’s possible get out without being hit

Oh yea. Drop in a cheeky 360 and boom. Easy distance bois. I gotta admit I kinda like when they do. Free hit for me. Unless I randomly nail debris. It was really iffy on the PTB. Another hot take, Adrenaline is stupidly annoying with how fast/easily gens get done.

DISCLAIMER: PERSONAL OPINION DON'T BOOLI ME

• Saint_JudasSaint_Judas Member Posts: 43

@Techn0 said:

@YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

Okay, admission, Lerys is my most hated map
    But I'll admit its not as bad as it looks, the hardest part is findings gens, the chases are actually quite interesting, though I will say most pallets are.... not very useful in lerys. But the vaults! Ahhh vault haven. Makes me wish I ran lithe, maybe quick and quiet....

Another unpopular opinion. The Game is a good map. Its small, yes, but everyone constantly complains its a maze when actually its a very easy map to figure out, and has a lot of predictable rooms. Not to mention giant ass doors that tell you where the generators are, and several fixed locations for pallets, the basement, and gens. Not to mention if you run balanced landing....

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

Oh yea. Drop in a cheeky 360 and boom. Easy distance bois. I gotta admit I kinda like when they do. Free hit for me. Unless I randomly nail debris. It was really iffy on the PTB. Another hot take, Adrenaline is stupidly annoying with how fast/easily gens get done.

I always thought adrenaline was really funny especially if they were looping because as soon as that last gen pops they’re like” well my job’s done here, bye have a great time✌️” and sprints off into the distance. I usually lose them because I always start laughing at it.

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

I always thought adrenaline was really funny especially if they were looping because as soon as that last gen pops they’re like” well my job’s done here, bye have a great time✌️” and sprints off into the distance. I usually lose them because I always start laughing at it.

Now I'm forever going to hear that one show ending, "Bye! Have a wonderful time!"

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,584

The Swamp maps are great.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,536

I believe Hex: Devour Hope is an amazing Perk, and that statement includes the heavy Hex downside.

@Boss said:
    I believe Hex: Devour Hope is an amazing Perk, and that statement includes the heavy Hex downside.

I've been wanting to test it as an alternative to Ruin. Seen as if either blows instantly they both had the same effect. However if DH stays up it's NOED until they break it, possible moris, and they WILL go look for it instead of tapping, or just nailing checks anyway.

It's super fun to snowball with, but that's the downside. Without Ruin you HAVE to snowball.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018

1. Aura reading ruins the game. Strong aura reading perks act against the horror aspect of the horror game more than SWF does. This includes Killer and Survivor perks.

2. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

3. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

1. Aura reading ruins the game. Strong aura reading perks act against the horror aspect of the horror game more than SWF does. This includes Killer and Survivor perks.

2. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

3. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

That new perk where it highlights pallets and windows should never have been even though of imo it’s SUPER hand holdy.

@ThePloopz said:
    Visionmaker said:

1. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

2. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

That new perk where it highlights pallets and windows should never have been even though of imo it’s SUPER hand holdy.

I agree, they should save that for the tutorial mode and KYF.

Same with the full hook highlights. Hooks should naturally stand out more, but completely outlining every single one of them in red is just so unnecessary.

edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Visionmaker said:

1. Being injured should incur more penalties. Including running slightly slower/having your dying state bleed out timer decreased in the background.

2. Dying state timer should be less than half of what it is now. Slugging is a boring ass mechanic and people should be scared about sitting there BLEEDING TO DEATH.

I agree, they should save that for the tutorial mode and KYF.

Same with the full hook highlights. Hooks should naturally stand out more, but completely outlining every single one of them in red is just so unnecessary.

It depends on how much the hooks stand out because then body blocking would be insanely powerful lol

@ThePloopz said:
    It depends on how much the hooks stand out because then body blocking would be insanely powerful lol

I dunno, like a little bloody and have creepy ambiance like they should already. Instead of fading into the background.

Maybe pulse a bit and look dramatic to the killer instead of showing the full damn outline.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Unpopular opinion - While she may be the strongest, the Nurse is far from the best killer, esp on console. Too hard too control and blink gets weird to handle. Her handling overrides her strengths.

• Evil_DwightEvil_Dwight Member Posts: 19

My unpopular opinion:
    Survivors sandbagging each other is good and should be encouraged. The Entity wants us to betray each other some of the time.

There are many mechanics in the game that suggest this is true. I even wrote a guide explaining the whole idea a year or two ago and it got some good responses... and plenty bad ones. 8-)

@Evil_Dwight said:
    My unpopular opinion:
    Survivors sandbagging each other is good and should be encouraged. The Entity wants us to betray each other some of the time.

There are many mechanics in the game that suggest this is true. I even wrote a guide explaining the whole idea a year or two ago and it got some good responses... and plenty bad ones. 8-)

In response...

Let there be a perk that lets you backstab other survivors. Because if I see a survivor intentionally sandbagging me, I'm saving D-strike for them.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,536

@Caretaker said:

@Boss said:

I've been wanting to test it as an alternative to Ruin. Seen as if either blows instantly they both had the same effect. However if DH stays up it's NOED until they break it, possible moris, and they WILL go look for it instead of tapping, or just nailing checks anyway.

It's super fun to snowball with, but that's the downside. Without Ruin you HAVE to snowball.

If you managed to hit someone who was Healthy while having 3 Tokens, it saved you a lot of time already, for you cut down the chase by a potentially large amount of time.
    Being able to kill them is amazing, sure. But the primary reward is being able to 1-hit.
    Even on someone like Hillbilly it's great to have, for main attacks don't require nearly as much as the Chainsaw.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

Sounds like another survivor who bought a horror game and wants to turn it into sth else now
    Whats the point of the killer in an assymetrical game if he has no power at all compared to survivors?

• VancoldVancold Member Posts: 183

If you have no power at all, I have bad news for ya, buddy.

• TaconterTaconter Member Posts: 25

i perfered the lunar event bonus points > x2 bp

• AsianMammothAsianMammoth Member Posts: 80

@Runiver said:
    My unpopular opinion :
    Hag is top tier, possibly top 2, tied with Billy, after the removal of the vacuum.

Without her traps she's just a Huntress with no hatchets... You can't trap the whole map.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member Posts: 399

@Runiver said:
    My unpopular opinion :
    Hag is top tier, possibly top 2, tied with Billy, after the removal of the vacuum.

Have you played her yet? Just wondering, because the patch notes said to avoid Hag in PTB as she could crash client side or some technical [BAD WORD]. I suppose it does make sense, actually.

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018

@AsianMammoth said:

@Runiver said:
    My unpopular opinion :

Without her traps she's just a Huntress with no hatchets... You can't trap the whole map.

That's the definition of an "unpopular opinion".
    Tho :
    You don't need to trap the whole map.
    And
    Not sure why you would play her without her traps. Her traps is her main feature.

@RagingCalm said:

@Runiver said:
    My unpopular opinion :

Have you played her yet? Just wondering, because the patch notes said to avoid Hag in PTB as she could crash client side or some technical [BAD WORD]. I suppose it does make sense, actually.

Didn't play her due to the warning. Michi did tho, and told me that the removal of the vacuum is insanely good for her. (for obvious reasons)
    I do play her on the live server tho, at rank 1, and get very consistent kills.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member Posts: 399
    1. My favorite Killer map was Disturbed Ward. Basically an old opinion, as now after being infinited there too many times to count I hate it.
    2. Stealth is a viable tactic as survivor, and No Mither effect should be part of the main game(except you still start healthy)
    3. This game has too many hackers(really just my bad luck).
  • RageRage Member Posts: 1

Bond and Adrenaline are among the best perks in the game

• OtherwiseErbOtherwiseErb Member Posts: 4

@Techn0 said:

@YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

Even then still pretty fun as billy cause its an actual challenge of a map. the rest is human variables I mean survivor "Plays"

@Boss said:

@Caretaker said:

@Boss said:

If you managed to hit someone who was Healthy while having 3 Tokens, it saved you a lot of time already, for you cut down the chase by a potentially large amount of time.
    Being able to kill them is amazing, sure. But the primary reward is being able to 1-hit.
    Even on someone like Hillbilly it's great to have, for main attacks don't require nearly as much as the Chainsaw.

That's how I see it. If you get NOED for a good chunk of time it easily pays its weight.