Home Technical Issues

Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) Detecting an "VirtualBox exploit" and have no idea how to fix it.

EAC is all of a sudden detecting a "VirtualBox exploit" to me now when trying to load into a game. I have searched my computer looking for any instances of VirtualBox and found nothing. I have reinstalled the game 4 times while uninstalling EAC and reinstalling it each time with no luck. Anyone else have this issue because I have no idea what to do and to be honest has become a huge hastle to be able to play this game as nothing on my system has changed since I last played yesterday.

Comments

• UllakkosUllakkos Member Posts: 4

Well I installed VirtualBox just to see if maybe there was some kind of weird dev bug in the code and loe and behold the game works now. I have no idea wtf that was all about but I guess for me having VirtualBox on my system fixes EAC lol. I'll leave this thread here in case anyone else is having this problem.

• RockRage8962RockRage8962 Member Posts: 45

EAC has been causing a ton of problems lately it would seem. I had to upgrade to Windows 10 just so the game would finally boot up.

• UllakkosUllakkos Member Posts: 4

Yeah the only problem I ever had with EAC is updates where tons of errors would stop me from playing for a couple of days until I updated it again. It's really lame that I had to download a program I DO NOT WANT ON MY COMPUTER just to play the game.