Home Discussions General Discussions

Are people really enyoing playing killer at higher ranks ?

Comments

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Its not more frustrating then playing survivor in high ranks (thus now with this cool matchmaking i even know that Green rank killers are playing cheap, so no point in de-ranking).

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,791

Define "higher" ranks.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

The lack of high rank killers should be a good indicator already. It's a miserable experience.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Noone enjoys it, that's why there are virtually no red rank killers left at least on ps4. Everyone gets sick of the abuse, I think I'm rank 6 right now but from rank 9 and on all I've been playing against is red ranks.

• LOALOA Member Posts: 235

Survivors at the highest rank have it much easier than Killers at the highest rank, this isn't even really a debate if you have spent a month or 3 in the red ranks at either side. But this game is not focused on the higher ranks, it is much more focused on the casual player. If they wanted an elite group of players, they would have made a competitive league or mode and a casual mode. They are trying their best to muddy up the high ranks with the new rank reset system, allowing weaker survivors to make into the red ranks so killers can have more success, but even that won't work. You don't have to be the greatest solo survivor to survive a SWF.

• JacksansyboyJacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

I play both sides, and I'm currntly rank 3 on both, although 1 pip away from 2 on survivor. I have a ton of fun as killer, and i don't main any one killer, although I'm best with Hag. Pig and trapper are a ton of fun for me, and 6 traps in 1 game is normal, so the rift challenge was actually super easy. I suppose that it all depends. Of course a 4 man SWF playing to win will be quite difficult, but i enjoy it, and i try to never play toxic. I've finally reached the point where winning doesn't matter to me as much, but of course I'll still try to win. I basically play for the sake of fun, mine and the survivors. I won't tunnel, i don't camp, and if someone gets cucked by another survivor, the person that's cucking is going to die. I play by the golden rule, and know what I'm doing since i play both sides, and it does pay off, because some survivors appreciate it, even if they die, and even if I'm facing a sweaty try hard team, i don't get a whole lot of hatemail since i play fairly.

I have fun, the survivors have fun, and even through it all, i don't care about losing, sometimes it happens. But not often...

• ZerogZerog Member Posts: 26

Im currently rank 1 killer and yeah i enjoy most of my games, sure there will be the occasional sweaty ass swf that stick to gens like glue but most times games are enjoyable outside of it, my tips are simply to recognize good survivors cant be killed on strong map tiles, so your best bet is to get people on the hook and punish greedy plays, dont let them get away with healing on the hook, dont chase survivors for longer than a minute, early on stablish what gens you are going to work on defending, check your surroundings after downing or hooking someone, hope your matches improve!

• Nibla02Nibla02 Member Posts: 154

Yeah but what can i do if i get blood lodge and all they do is run to the infinite that they will never fix. Hate that map and it feels like BHVR has put that map on my account as 100% play rate XD

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,907

For the most part, yes. Ranks don't mean anything, the only unenjoyable thing is sweaty swf.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I kinda enjoy it. I'm a masochist tho.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 303

It was fun to play at high ranks with pre-nerf nurse but im still having fun with the anti-heal Wraith strat.

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 433

It'd awful and unrewarding. You derank if you don't have a perfect match and get fewer points than survivors who have an easier time.

• MAVMAV Member Posts: 52

From what I've seen, the killers that do crappy at red ranks, are the killers that play like they're going against brown - purple ranks.. if you're getting looped swallow your pride and keep gen pressure, that's key.. if you tunnel to get someone down you're going to get wrecked..

• MonikaMonika Member Posts: 113

I do actually enjoy it a lot. Granted it can be frustratingly bad at times and that comes with competitive games. But I rarely have the feeling of "I can't even come close to having a chance"

I've recently began playing every killer except for a select few (bubba, nurse, and clown just cause I don't enjoy them)

But I enjoy the difficulty

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 745

Are there killers in red ranks? I haven't seen any. I waited hours in matchmaking and all I eventually get matched up with (when I'm all but dead inside) is green.

• LustForBPLustForBP Member Posts: 611

Nope. I’m literally trying to de-rank in a legitimate fashion because of red ranks.

I was new to playing Freddy last night. Played on Autohaven, gen-rushed, body blocked, strong loopers. I finally got one guy at EGC thanks to NoED. Tried to camp around his hook, NoED gets destroyed, gates open, all 3 survivors alive come and body block me from protecting hook, even when I swiped the guy body blocking another did it, bam. All escaped. They proceed to sit in the gateway t bagging. Game ends, all rank 1-2 and I’m a rank 6.

Incoming messages: “ezzzzz” “trashhhhhh” “hook camper” “ur trasshhhhhhh get good”

Its far too easy to rank up in this game which makes most matches unfair. Red survivors can be skill-less and red killers can be mediocre. I ranked up as a killer through having fun and rarely sweating, now I play against the sweats lol

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

I do enjoy playing killer still but as always the result of the game comes down to the survivors you get. Good survivors means a [BAD WORD] experience for the killer. Bad survivors means good experience as killer. The fact that there are so many bad survivors at rank 1 is sort of mind blowing. It's also the reason this game will never be balanced. If they made killers that could take out the best survivors then everyone else in the game would have a miserable time.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

It's just not fun. It's not balanced around the SWF teams that are much stronger. Once you hit about rank 11, it's nothing but try hard SWF teams, and the more you rank up, the worse it gets. I play on ps4, and sWF's makes you literally not want to play killer, and just go to survivor because it's simply THAT much easier. That's a BIG problem that there not really addressing, and surv mains come on here and scream that the game is just fine, or that killers are still too strong.

• LeobolicsLeobolics Member Posts: 28

I'm playing with the trapper with a noed build with blood warden and remember me, the toxic SWF start getting crazy in the exit gate lmao

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,406

I'm fine as long as I'm not playing lobby sim.

• tak47888tak47888 Member Posts: 80

Sometimes yes, most of the times: NO.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

Some maps are impossible to enjoy playing on. I regularly have to bring map offerings at red ranks just to enjoy myself.

• BrooksterBrookster Member Posts: 7

I love how they say the game is balanced with either 2ks every round or split evenly between 4ks and 0ks and so on when even killers are saying they get 4ks nearly all of the time like lmaooo

• ZamblotZamblot Member Posts: 249

It's the same with survivor. The higher your rank the worse the game gets as you go down and get tunneled or camped for the rest of the game. I much prefer hovering around rank 7 where the game isn't too stressful. Whenever I get too high now I just get frustrated and take a break haha

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,662

I like going up against survivors who are decent and know what they are doing. I don't like hunting survivors who do not - feels like clubbing baby seals to death. Rank does not seem to matter though you run into better loopers. Usually there's only one though, but if all are good at looping (and I cannot blame them for getting good at it, the game demands it) then I'll just meme that game. In any case I try to lose with dignity and won't face camp or tunnel (on purpose) - just accept that some games RNG is totally against me.

What I won't do it go into a game and say 'I'm getting a 4k no matter what' - that just makes me perform badly. I just let things happen.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,545
    edited December 2019

yeah this ^

They balance towards the casual mid rank that isn't that good which causes very bad balancing in red ranks. They keep convoluting the rank system to try and get worse survivors into the red ranks in order to muddy the imbalances there so that it won't be as noticeable and then they can post kill rate stats that don't reflect the imbalances.

Separate ranked and casual mode is my opinion of the best solution still as well.

• jasonxjiajasonxjia Member Posts: 1

Killer at Red ranks are tough without any doubts, but dont stop playing because its tough. Yeah its bit survivor side, gen rush etc. But thats not the reason to stop playing.

I like that they are implementing, different ranks for different killers.

• Samwise444Samwise444 Member Posts: 183

I play both sides and absolutely love playing in red ranks for both. Since this is a killer post, I love the challenge that killer brings. It really makes me think how I am going into the game and how I will stop them from succeeding. I believe it pushes me to be my best. Plus, I kinda liked getting tricked and games lasting longer. It feels so boring for me to just 4k in 3 to 4 minutes and then call it a game. I want the games that last, the back and forth, the utilization of my killer power to it's greatest extent. I get that it can be tough, but it gives me such a rush. Plus, even then, I still get through without much difficulty. I think that survivors in red ranks have quite a huge variability. Some are really really good, and some aren't. There is the same thing with killers, but I think it is less apparent.