Home Discussions General Discussions

This Has To Stop Now

Comments

• Zanely89Zanely89 Member Posts: 133

DBD is the only PvP game I played so I couldn't really have an accurate assessment on the matchmaking. That being said, the matchmaking system seems so messy that I just couldn't understand what's going on.

In the 1 and a half years of me playing DBD, there were so many versione of matchmaking implemented and somehow they still cannot get it right.

What happened to the matchmaking system that matching the killer and survivors based on the highest rank member? I remember it was implemented back in October and causing some uproar from people that "just wanted to play with their noob friends" and then it was silent and now it seems like going back to bullying simulator of the olden days.

• Undeadbear13Undeadbear13 Member Posts: 32

Yeah its dumb honestly. My suggestion to BHVR is they need to add new modes, casual mode would be a great start. I love the content they make for the game, but the issue most people have is from rank system being garbage and the game becoming stale (it's a three year old game. If you got 1000+ hours congrats that game has earned it's money and then some) the best way to keep people in the game is to continue balancing and adding new modes.

• jjwild909jjwild909 Member Posts: 10

To be honest the removing or ranks really doesn’t change anything. If I enter a lobby with two or three people already there who obviously look like a swf I leave. Killer bring out all the add ons to kill everybody such as a EM so I leave. If the person is in the chat asking about challenges they need done and asking everyone to do this I leave. Bring back seeing ranks because I’m sick of being a rank 4 survivor and at the end of the game there a lowly rank 16 or 20 who died first in two minutes and couldn’t hit a hex check to save their life. The game is slowly getting less fun. Campers are now rewarded even more with the dc penalty and with the bootleg matchmaking

• Kongtwenty12Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

@Revansith while some of what you say is right it's not fair to limit people wanting to play together to kill with friends. Personally I struggle to find even 1 or 2 people to play with let alone 4 to play kwf. I agree that swf shouldnt be ranked but putting them in kwf is not the answer.

• ravekidravekid Member Posts: 18

I got 2 rank 17s and 1 rank 16, killer was rank 15. My rank is 8. So it's like that now if you don't play with your friends.

• ravekidravekid Member Posts: 18

Dude how can you say that matchmaking works perfect? Are you payed for that? My rank is 8 and a was matched with white rank newbies. Is this perfect for u? Even with yellow rank dudes are a bad feeling to play, but those rank 17 guys died right after I finished the first gen.

Just do the quick maths here 17-8=9 and 9>6 so the numbers clearly shows you here, that the matchmaking is sh!+, and according to that the match experience also.

I have to play with my friends, otherwise it's just bad feeling to play the game cause I don't get decent teammates.

• Ramxenoc445Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 859

Lots of people in this community seem to not just be able to accept that they just aren't skilled enough to handle a swf. This is the only community where I go to the forms and playing with friends is unfair 😂 overwatch doesn't complain about groups. CSGO doesn't Friday doesn't. But dbd community is like grrr playing with your friends isn't fair only solo play is fair and can be played with this game change it now. Complaining about it is near pointless because it'll never be removed.

• jjwild909jjwild909 Member Posts: 10

Matchmaking should be based on colors. Red ranks match with purple. Purple can match with red and green. Green matches with purple and gold with gold and white matching with each other. It’s not fair or fun for a red rank survivor to get stuck with a newbie and a killer who’s rank 7. It’s also not fair to the newbie to be thrown in with experienced survivors. The devs talked about the health of the game and this is one way to kill it. Hopefully the next update will fix this. I still think we should be able to see ranks as well

• RevansithRevansith Member Posts: 367
    edited December 2019

I do think tho that placing a rank 14 killer with a rank 4 survivor in the team makes no sense. I saw that today. I also feel that rift challenges are going to get harder and harder to complete the higher rank you are.

It appears the matchmaker as currently implemented is using Region primarily to determine the pool of players it will use. Naturally nobody wants or desires 20 minute que times, so you have to accept whoever the game matches you with.

I do agree tho that matching new players with experienced killers or survivors is a recipe for not much fun.

Myself I will use SWF to keep in touch with the higher ranks game play style, but I have little faith in getting anything other than get a black pip, or a depip.

The explanation usually given by the devs is that lower ranks would experience longer que times if the game tried to match within say 3 ranks, so for new players the "match within 6 ranks" is ignored, same as it is within an SWF group of say a rank 8 and a rank 15.

Presently the emblems system determines the amount of work put in by a player, it does not recognize a match where the player is clearly way out of his depth (rank 17 survivor facing a rank 10 killer) and I feel some consideration to buffing emblem scores should be given if a player is running against a much higher rank.

Lets say that a killer in the example I give is given silver instead of bronze, gold instead of silver, and iridescent instead of gold for work performed when facing a much higher ranked team. This is sort of like a golf handicap I guess, I dont know. Its just an idea.

• Freddy_chanFreddy_chan Member Posts: 30

Tbh its a terrible time to be a killer and surv with a decent rank too, you wanna tryhard and get checkpoints? Nah, you will either get a retardo who kill himzelf on 1st hook or sweaty survs on ranks much higher than you, so you wont do [BAD WORD] and just lose your will to play this game

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 525

Me: "I haven't played killer in a while." -Loads up game sees that I'm ranked 10, goes into lobby-

SWF: -Immediately fills the lobby with toolboxes, a map, and a key.- "We about to end this killers whole career!"

Me: "Show me ya moves!" -Kills all four of them-

SWF: "Another baby killer who has to slug for the 4k"

Me: -Looks at the ranks and sees all rank 1's and 2's- "Matchmaking working as intended!"

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 981

I'm not saying the current system is perfect. All I was saying was that in the example given that matchmaking, as it currently is, was working within the designed parameters.

The devs themselves have said it's something they will be looking at after Christmas. In fact, from my understanding of the live stream, matchmaking is going to be worse over the holiday period to allow players find faster matches. it will then be examined in January.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,173

DBD has no identity when it comes to being a casual game or a ranked game. So if you go into the game expecting any skill level (casual) then yeah this isn't anything crazy.

If you go into the game expecting something ranked then you expect to be matched appropriately so to see someone who is ranked MUCH higher/lower than you really becomes frustrating.

Its due to this lack of identity that I feel so many people disagree with one another. How do you balance a game that that seems to be trying to be two different things at once?

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 757

If they gave kyf players bloodpoints I would probably prefer to play kyf. No progression though? Biiiiiiiig nah.

edited December 2019

OK a quick update" I have found in my last ten matches almost without exception, a purple rank player say 8 or higher but not red is queing with a rank 17 or 18, and the matchmaker is treating the SWF team as if the lower rank is the one to be matched with. The purple rank then acts like a potato the entire match.

In one match I was playing normally (not throwing a match for a stupid challenge) and all THREE of the team disconnected in almost one go right after I got hooked.

I am seriously wondering why we even have ranks? Why not base it on hours played and forget about pips? Its about as logical as the current broken system.

Having said that I do note with interest the comment that matchmaking is being more careless about rank in order to provide quick que times.

I am curious as to what the times would be if they instituted a hard and fast rule that SWF cannot team up if more than three ranks apart and killers/survivors cannot face anyone higher or lower than three ranks from their own rank.

Sure the que times would go up but at least the matches might be more balanced than this festival of utter garbage we have presently

EDIT: I also reviewed some of the other posts in this thread, and I feel giving us back our ranks in the lobby would help a solo decide if they wanted to play with an SWF group or not. The worst case scenario is a 7 a 10 anda 17 all on voice commns and coordinating gen repairs and unhooks so the solo is more or less marooned in the game with nothing to do except either use Bond and try to catch a gen before its done, or accept that in order to play this wonderful game, to throw all caution out of the window and pray for a black pip.

IMHO I dsilike losing pips when everyone disconnects apart from me. I feel a disconnect in the late match should grant the remaining survivor(s) a black pip.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Yeah I'm a killer main, and I've been getting some weird ones too. I'm rank 9, yet I'll go up against a team of R 1-3, then the next will be 14-17. And keep going back and forth. Where the hell is the middle??

I get ya. I am sorry the game is so lousy with the ranks players face. If we are going to have crazy ranks a patch to restore ranks in lobbies would help, then I can make a decision to take the risk of running against a killer ten ranks higher than me or not.

When they removed the ranks in lobbies I had to assume I would face no higher than 10 (at rank 16), killers, but I feel the algorithm should also apply to survivor ranks. Whilst the game may appear balanced if the killer is 15 and I am 15, its not if the survivor team are all purple apart from me.

As I noted earlier in this thread, I am aware there are new players starting every day, and their experience is whats going to determine if this game will grow or not.

I have seen comments from players saying its too easy to rank up. I wonder if hiding the rank you are all season from even yourself would help. You would not know your rank, you would not know if the pips are in your favor or not, and the emblems would be hidden. All you could do is play against a wide variety of skilled, semi skilled and new or returning players and do your best.

I feel that approach would take a lot of stress out of the game. And that means no ranks shown at the endgame either.

• GoddamnBananasGoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

I'll call b.s. Only 5% of all games are 4 man SWF's, and another 10% are 3 man's. Which means that 85% of the time, your matches have only solos and duos. Stop pretending that every time you do poorly, it's the "evil SWF players." I mean, wanting to play with your friends? How toxic lol.

• LeobolicsLeobolics Member Posts: 28
  • SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 981

What I stated is exactly how the system is currently designed to operate (with the exception for the fact it has been disabled over the Christmas break to enable faster matchmaking).

Once again, I am not saying that I believe it is a perfect system. I am merely outlining how the system is designed to operate, which is currently +/- 6 ranks.

• DanteMorelloDanteMorello Member Posts: 142

"I don't understand the game mechanics well, and I dunt get 4K in all my games. Must be the Game's fault, let's pointlessly rant in a forum to an extent that it spams people's Google news feed!!!1!11"

Well at high ranks suspected SWF I see survivors outplay me a lot though.

The difference is I don't blame the game because I know and saw there are Killer players out there who manage to do it a lot better.

• leslie4445leslie4445 Member Posts: 44

Wish i was pretending but yes. I may have exaggerated cuz thats how it feels .. im not the best at killer and with how the rank system is currently it makes me feel like im going up against 1000+ hr swf constantly. Does that sound like bs to you still? Whats bs is getting in lobbies against ppl who obviously have more skill and hrs put into this crappy game.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,572

I played early today (sat, approximately 2-3pm EST) and I was a rank 16 killer with 3 rank 3's and one rank 15. I was then berated as being "BAD" because I wasn't in the mood to kill as all i wanted was one kill for tome progression, plus to me it's still near enough to christmas that I wanted to give. along with the double blood points. I didn't tunnel, I didn't camp, I got 3 stacks of bbq that match but waited to the end to kill the obsession.. and i'm BAD at this game because 3 rank 3's went against a rank 16 killer??? the match making should have been fixed but it has not been fixed or the fix was removed. right now it is matching to anyone that is +/- 6 that is in the group. i've had random rank 7's in my rank 16 lobby today as well and they were solo queue, though this one was not nasty about it.

The ranks in the lobby were a mistake to be seen. especially if the KILLER can not see them AS WELL. if the survivors see them then the killer needs to see them as well. WHY you ask? well simple if I was a rank 16 going into a lobby with 3 rank 3's and one rank 15 i'd dodge it in a HEART BEAT! I'm not the best killer in the game, nor the best survivor in the game but I can do fairly well when I'm not facing people that are that much better than I. think what is happening to rank 17-20's as the new players are not getting lobbies as killers because no one can derank below 16, and it's hard to match up to anyone 2-4 ranks higher at a minimum.

• saminationsamination Member Posts: 307
    edited January 2020

You're own challenges contradict your argument. Imagine trying to play solo with everyone using no perks or no mither. 🤣

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510
    edited January 2020

Let me say this for the hundredth time.

THERE IS NO RANKED MODE.

THERE IS NO RANK.

THERE IS NO REWARD OR SEASON.

YOUR "RANK" IS A MATCHMAKING TOOL. THATS IT.

It was a mistake to show rank because of THIS [BAD WORD]. Because it doesnt actually represent anything.

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Kill Your Friends should allow you to gain bloodpoints then if people are not allowed to play with friends.

edited January 2020

You do get achieves I think for reaching Rank 10, 5 and 1. The method used by the game involves emblems which score between 1 and 4 points per emblem. With the revised rank reset (or if you like the indicator that determines what color crest you are) dropping four ranks into one, it makes it nigh impossible for new players to get a fair chance to learn. Of course new players can make friends, play SWF to be carried thru a trial or even practice on KYF.

But if the matter is ranks are only used for matchmaking then they need to be removed along with pips and emblems. As I have said before, why not have five colors and let the game move you into a higher color when you are good enough. It would avoid the depping that is prevalent. Since ranks are not shown in lobbies to survivors I have no idea who is in my group. I would argue if they were all gray ranks, I would probably play defensively and take less risks, but since I dont know I cant modify my game till the match is in progress.

• FleeceFleece Member Posts: 256

Rated G for groovy