Home Discussions General Discussions

When you win or lose, do you say GG?

Comments

• SoultillerSoultiller Member Posts: 40

I have stopped reading/typing in post game chat and just leave, I got tired of of the toxic chat.

• AnevianAnevian Member Posts: 47

I say gg after every game, no exception (well maybe I wont stay in the lobby to say it if I were to die early). Even if I was tunneled/camped to death from the start. If I got [BAD WORD] on as killer, I'll toss em a gg wp.

• ZephinismZephinism Member Posts: 119

If I die first I just leave the Lobby in almost all cases unless it's EGC so I won't say GG.

If I die last, escape at the end or play Killer I say GG or GG wtf matchmaking if I get put against a new Killer.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,566

I never say gg.

I only say ggs

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,900

I wait for the opponent to say it first.

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,814

I say gg only if the killer played well and i say gg ez baby killer if the killer was camping and tunneling and using a mori

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

I don't usually say GG unless i lose. I'm on Xbox so I have to go out of my way to message someone. Telling a killer/survivor "Gg" after i win feels like I'm rubbing their noses in it.

• horsegod386horsegod386 Member Posts: 79

I do say gg, but only in certain scenarios, i'll even go out of my way to say "no" when a killer says gg if it totally was not a gg. like if I get a DC and a random kills themselves on first hook and the killer says gg after that I just hit them with the fat "nah" and leave. but yea I will say gg if I genuinely mean it, mostly when I get hatch or 4k but that's irrelevant.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

I usually don't say anything. Only time survivors think it was a gg is if they all survived. Otherwise there is most certainly a rule you did not follow that they are going to complain about. So post game chat isn't really my scene.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,890

As survivor I always send gg unless I was straight tunneled out of the game.

As killer I will send gg when I am impressed with survivors skill level.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

Git Gud after I Rancored a downed all game guy and then NOED the theam? Yes.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180

If I face a Killer or Survivor that blows me away in how they play, how good they are, I will tell them GG with no anger regardless if they died or not.

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 321

I had somebody recognize me and call me out in post-game chat last week, after a game i lost really badly as killer (I got 2 or 3 hooks the entire game and 0 kills). I say 'gg gl in games <3' or something similar in every post game chat as both killer & survivor, regardless of how the game went.

The person said they recognized me from playing against me as killer and with me as survivor a few times before, and respect that I always say gg even when losing miserably. And that kind of blew my mind that somebody recognized me just for being wholesome and nice in post-game chat instead of complaining about the match or insulting the other players. It was a real FeelsGoodMan - spread the love, people

• KurrmiuKurrmiu Member Posts: 23

I used to say gg or discuss some things that happened in the game, like how killer found me or where the hex was or complimenting good/funny plays by both killers and survs. Or when it was actually a good game or when the killer was clearly a new player. All very wholesome, Ive never seen any of the random survs talk [BAD WORD]. Never any salt or negative comments coming from me either, if I get tilted I just leave straight after.

Im still new to this game, playing from the end of October. After starting to play killer more and getting nasty comments in the end game chat, I just keep it off at all times. I dont need that in my life, noty

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

I usually stay quiet when I win unless they say gg to me. I say gg when I lose if they did good plays and ran a fun build instead of sweating hard. I always say gg back.

"Unbalanced advantages"

Your posts are so fun to read after realizing I don't need to take any of them seriously. 😊

• Kagari_LehaKagari_Leha Member Posts: 529

I always say gg when I had an healthy game, that means a match where people were not being toxic (cf hard tunnel/tea-bagging to make fun of you/facecamping/noed lmao, best perk ever/mori cuz obviously i'm not going to wait ten minutes in the postgame chat)

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,363
  • PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 196

If people had real sportsmanship, the answer to this question should be obvious. Refer to any professional Starcraft 2 or LoL match. A "GG" being thrown out is a sign of conceding the match by the loser. Any time the winner GGs before the loser, it is seen as BM and poor sportsmanship. As such, while in DBD there is often no defined winner or loser, there are many, many cases where this distinction is clear. A 4 man escape? Survivors should not gg unless killer does so first. 4 kills? Killer should only gg if the last few survivors gg first (doesn't necessarily have to be all of them since the first ones to die are typically long gone). In the in between cases, use discretion and think about how the other side did. If you feel like you won and they lost, don't gg until the other side did. Pretty simple.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 644

nope, i only get sent 'gg' if the person escapes so to me it is a taunt. rarely get a 'gg' if i destroy the team

Many people disagree with you. Gg is apparently some form of surrender.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

Whenever the killer played extremely good, I say gg. I’m on PS4 so I can’t always say it.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 1,681

Can’t.

Theres no chatbox on console.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,819

Nope. As a rule I just don't do post game chat. The other players can just scream in their pillows if they are that frustrated. I don't want to hear it.

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 492

Never, win or lose. I wouldn't say it after losing, so it'd be hypocritical of me to say it after winning.

• kld3169kld3169 Member Posts: 53

It's in my own personality to show good sportsmanship, so I will probably always type GG. Now, I am new to DBD, so once I figure out toxic players or players working w/Killers or what have you, I won't say anything. But, by nature, I will do so.

• PoochkipsPoochkips Member Posts: 207

I notice a lot of people take it as an insult these days. Most seeing it as rude sadly to say. Especially if the game was far from good. Example being an side that just gets destroyed

• AjritokaAjritoka Member Posts: 599

Only if I had fun, which is a separate factor from winning or losing. I’ve lost games but had lots of fun. I’ve won games but they were boring as hell.

• JarethJareth Member Posts: 30

I'll say it if someone else throws it out there first or the chat isn't toxic no matter if I win or lose. If people are being rude I just stay silent and move on.