The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I fail to understand certain dev stances..

immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 2,531

The devs tend to deflect any time I try to get a straightforward answer on this..bu I fail to see why stacking gen boosting perks and items in their eyes is ok..yet all killer forms of debuffs are made strictly abhorently weak because of the survivor experiance..what about killers? Why does an addonless brown toolbox have the same power as a killer perk with a steep prerequisite? Why can not one but two survivor perk render antiheal builds meaningless ?..why do survivors have perks to increase their already rapid vault speeds ?

Why is it ok on one side of the isle but not the other..? Killers stacking any harmful effects is made weak while survivors stacking benefits is extremely strong...It should be considered the same for both parties..anything less creates massive imbalance among perks and addons which is painfully present in the games current state..Yet the devs only consider it an issue if killers find strong options..why is that? Is there any way to actually get a straight forward answer here ?

Comments

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 543

You could argue that survivor items are relatively as powerful as killer add-ons. Both are stackable under certain circumstances

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 2,531

Or how clown is supposed to be a chaser but is bad at it...yes its quite..perplexing

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 543
    edited January 4

True, what's your point?

edit: I'll elaborate - everything you listed is extremely subjective (as was what i replied). Essentially when comparing killer's kit (powers/addons/perks) and survivors' kit (items/addons etc) you're comparing apples with oranges. They are different in their function, impact and use. In other words you cant build an argument on the basis of survivor's items are stronger than a killers' addons, because they can stack them up to 4 times. It makes no logical sense.

• lynelmanelynelmane Member Posts: 500

Pig also has an exhaustion add-on, as well as Legion. But they are temporary and the Pig's addon only works when someone has a RBT on their head.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    edited January 4

I play both and I think there are strong perks for each side. Killers have hex ruin, albeit spawn locations need a rework. They also have thanatophobia, noed, Moris, and many more. It’s about finding the best build for your killer and play style.

Plus killer is faster so giving survivors a 3 second speed boost is hardly a game changer, especially with killer lunge speed. Toolboxes can be annoying but you could run Franklins and knock them out if survivors hands. There are options.

I dunno man. I never have much trouble playing killer and I main hag, who is said to be very low tier. I have certain games that are more challenging but I adapt and try new things.

Okay. You made a post and I responded. I get you don’t agree with my stance but I’m not going to argue with you over this [BAD WORD]. Wait a while, I’m sure someone will come along who whole heartedly agrees with everything you said. Bye

• TisfineTisfine Member Posts: 148

Wow they're removing exhaustion add on? Lmfao I'm a survivor main and that's a big yikes. Those killer are either garbage enough already or has a high skill cap. Exhaustion is the only thing that makes them have some threat except ultra rare add ons of course

Just stating the facts of the matter..besides..you weren't exactly in topic..but you do you

No they aren’t nerfing any exhaustion perks outside balance landing.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 538

I fail to understand anything at any level about the developers of this game, since they're as close to conceptual entropy as you can get. Nothing they do or say makes sense. We're just along for the ride at this point.

• BiggsBiggs Member Posts: 117

why ? easy answer.. this game is heavily survivor sided it has been and it will be. Its sad that this is the dev way but it is... Is it bad ? Of course it is it has quick snowball which we can see even now, more and more killers are leaving game or becoming survivors beasue how playing killer is most of the time stressfull and just not fun, iritating. frustrating and how many things you have to learn...

• GamerCustardGamerCustard Member Posts: 27

Honestly.. I think next dev stream we need to force them to play killer.

Get them to play killer. Remember the date of the stream. Maybe they'll see just how unbalanced it is. Maybe.. for some unknown reason.. the number of SWF or "toxic" players for some reason increase drastically..

Is that an extreme suggestion? Yes. But soon extreme is what we'll need if the devs keep ignoring the obvious imbalance.

Because killers can't prove this point by taking it out on the survivors. They'll just nerf the killers or buff survivor perks upon their request.

Honestly, it's reaching the point, in my opinion, that we need to prove this point as survivors and not killers.

Maybe not go this far.. but they need to play more killer, and I dare them to say in all honesty, with a straight face, that this game is balanced. From the killer emblem system to how "fun" it is for the people behind the role of the killers.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 5,896

No need to apologise, just letting you know in case you wanted to check them out and see how they play, or even hear them sharing their own personal opinions about the gameplay 😊

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,649

We can't really say that either because of the overall killer rates being over 50% technically. You need to look at the matches as they are, where we have just curb stomps on either side so frequent it's insane.

The problem is that BHVR thinks that if you have a huge advantage and win easily, and then a huge disadvantage next game and lose horribly, that means the game is fair. It is in an overall sense but in reality it's just a boring and frustrating experience.

Matches should be made to be as intense and close as possible for both sides, as much of the time as possible, but that would require a lot more work and overhauling the game....BHVR would never do that, nor do I think they have the capacity to do so.

Only hope is basically a DBD 2 or a game from another company tbh.....until then just gotta enjoy what we have this is the best are gonna get for now.

• SpacingLlamasSpacingLlamas Member Posts: 493

You mean that data graph that says all killers have over %50 kill rate (I think nurse is under that now) and the devs constantly say is very flawed, not accurate and people shouldn't draw conclusions from.

But the devs then in another post on here used that same data drawing a conclusion from that flawed data trying to justify Legion recent changes were a buff cause they got a tiny bit over %1 increase in their kill rate. Like I dont understand the devs logic and thinking nowadays

Btw not trying to be rude to you, just saying all this

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,407
    edited January 4

Probably because scaling.

Buffs are additive and have linear scaling.

Debuffs are multiplicative and have exponential scaling.

That means that you can stack buffs quite a lot before it becomes ridiculous, but you only need to stack debuffs a little bit for it to reach the same level of ridiculous.

For example if we have a 20% buff and 20% debuff active at once, the debuff will actually override the buff. The game measures things in charges per second and for this scenario the c/s would be 1.2 * 0.8 = 0.96. So you are doing whatever it is SLOWER than normal, even though both the buff and debuff are the same value. It's not as simple as they just cancel out each other.

Yet the debuffs are all so weak it doesnt matter..meanwhile one guy running well make it can override every antiheal perk and then some..plus..survivors in their base can double stack a gen and cut the time in half essentially without any perks, items,.or addons which can ALL stack at the same time..Looks to me theres a tiny tiny bit of double standard here

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,657

I would love for Lightburn to go...