Home Discussions General Discussions

Who else has stopped playing Dbd?

Comments

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I've been playing working games, the terrible matchmaking BS is getting old

i bounce between rank 2-3 so when I play solo i shouldn't be getting teammates who are sub-purple ranks, yet its all i get nowadays

but dodging low ranks is worse than being forced into a terrible game i guess.... /s

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 3,166

I traveled for the holidays and didn't play DbD for three weeks. Didn't miss it at all. I'm trying to play during the Bloodhunt so I can earn some BP, but my heart's really not in it. I'll start the match, chase someone for a bit, then get bored and just haunt around the map kicking gens until I can open the exit gate. (The survivors haven't complained once yet so I assume they prefer their game killer-free, anyway.) I have a lot more fun roaming around the city killing zombies and taking part in the numerous events in Dying Light. Or mewing in Gato Roboto. Or tossing a tennis ball in the air.

If I hadn't put so much money into DbD, I'd probably uninstall it. My PS4 could really use the disk space.

I've been thinking of trying out Identity V, because the hunters seem a lot more creative, but at the same time I don't really want to get invested in a new game. It's so cool that they've got a Lamia, though.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,017

I've only returned to finish up the last I can towards the rift. Matchmaking made me quit because I couldn't find any matches.

I played Rainbow six seige and a few other games during the break and it was refreshing.

I am back to playing dbd a lot less often depending on whether I can find lobbies, to complete achievements or just chill while playing music.

• DBDITDBDIT Member Posts: 169

It's just lost its initial luster for me and I've been playing since 2017, but I know a few people who've gotten it post end game (arguably between its best and worst) that have fun with it and more power to them, but I honestly don't see it getting any better and that's not me knocking it, just going by BHVRs track record.

• scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 277

I stopped for like 6 months and recently came back, and I'm already ready to be done. After this bloodhunt is over I'll probably be taking another extended break, but the devs don't care because they already have my money.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 760

There should be more fallout from that awful December dev stream where they ignored every meaningful question, they pay such close attention to survivor complaints if we don't let it go they might start listening to killers. They've shown us complaining works in them

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Why are people that no longer play the game trolling its forum? Serious question.

• HanginToadsHanginToads Member Posts: 4

I play because my wife loves the game and wants me to play with her. That's about the only reason.

I'm a red rank survivor main, but honestly I'm horrible at this game, and that's just the way it is. Me bad + horrible hit latency + horrible console optimization and you have a rough time.

I will say that the 1 or 2/10 games that are good or close are fun, but most of the time I'm curb stomped.

If you see my SWF pop in don't worry. The only one that's pretty decent is my wife. The rest of us are easy claps.

• ElementDoomElementDoom Member Posts: 161

I personally still care about the game despite many of the recent issues making it impossible for me to have fun with it. I still check the forums from time to time because I hope to see positive changes happening when I do. That's never actually the case but I'm still hoping.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Kinda what I do, beforehand I use to check the forums every so now and then, even when I wasn't playing the game, but now I feel like their is no point of checking. This game and the forums never came across my mind until I realized that I haven't touch this game until just today.

Also I find it funny how many people are saying "and yet your here" as if they have a point or something

Checking back ≠ being back

How is this trolling? I'm just generally asking people who have stop playing this game? Serious question

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

It's what they do, they get people to buy all of their DLC because we want to play with more content, they never have in the past months release something for free, but then they start to realize how bullshit this game is and how stale it is, so when people have already putted alot of money into this game, they don't want to uninstall it or else they feel like they waste their money, lucky for me, I got the game for free when it was on ps plus.

That's BHVR for you. They get your money and you realize how bad their game is and it's too late, can't refund anything, BHVR is money hungry.

Once BHVR starts to realize too many people are leaving game or not buying their dlcs because of what they are doing, they do something big that brings people back and then they go back to doing their lazy band aid fixes and changes no one asked for. Why do you think BHVR release more cosmetics then actual fixes and content?

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 695
    edited January 2020

I stopped playing DBD for 3 or 4 months last year, right after Demise of the faithful chapter. Found others games to grind through. I checked time to time in that period to see if I'd missed DBD and answer was no, so I kept playing other games,

But something changed, one day I started again and still playing without that much of a break since. I think I am so much more invested in the game than any other game I've ever played. Both financially and emotionally. I can take short breaks, but I don't thin stop playing all together.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397
    edited January 2020

Even with the balance issues, IDV is designed much better than DBD.

•Hunters are all unique, have viable and fun powers. Even Hell ember, the pve hunter is fun once you get his snowball going.

•Survivors are also unique, with strengths and weaknesses. Each survivor starts with a unique item and has a different role to play on the team.

•Better perk system. IDV's persona tree is far superior to DBD's teachable perk system.

•Better optimisation. You can run high consistant framerate on the mobile version now. DBD can't even get consistent 30fps on consoles and it's been out for over three [BAD WORD] years. This is just embarrassing BHVR, optimise your [BAD WORD] game!

•More game modes. Casual, rank mode, 2vs8 and blackjack which is a weird but fun mode. The only problem is that other game modes have server times. DBD still, only has the stale, old game mode.

I don't think I need to say more but I'll put a link to a video for Blackjack mode:

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 3,166

Wow. I really do wanna play IDV, now.

I did actually try playing it on my phone over the holiday, but I was really clumsy with the controls; I think I prefer a controller or m&kb to tapping a screen with my fingers. Any idea how IDV plays on the computer?

• oskar0choskar0ch Member Posts: 9

I'm really close to quitting because of the completely broken ranking system. I haven't had a match against the rank I'm at in like two weeks. It's so stressful as killer going against full red ranks when I'm only rank 10.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Gonna take my break from dbd now, i played for the bloodhunt/bp not because I wanted to play the game actually.

• smappdoodasmappdooda Member Posts: 304

This game has so much potential with the design and (minimal) lore they created, it's fun to follow but not always play. There is hope and then there is Stockholm syndrome. I think DBD fans lie somewhere inbetween.

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 595

Gameplay loop (not the actual act of looping 😂) for killer is getting very stale with how try hard everyone is being now and how the only killers that has gameplay different enough from the roster of killers taht are considered weak or boring are unplayble at the moment, nurse [BAD WORD] server, spirit nerfed to the ground with the bugs that came with her last update.

• ElvenmonkElvenmonk Member Posts: 363

There are just no one plays them and they die fast.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,173

I've not touched DBD in 3 months since getting into playing FFXIV, and yet I still browse the forums. No real correlation between playing the game and keeping up on the latest complain-ahem threads from the community.

• JasonsfarJasonsfar Member Posts: 30

Just got my 1.000.000 bloodpoints i bloodhunt and now im taking a break i’m worn out from the Rift. Been playing this game for 3 years now, but its getting way way to grindy

• jimwillfixitjimwillfixit Member Posts: 2

I started a couple weeks ago and after enjoying it for a while, it's becoming a bit of a chore. I find survivor consistently fun but sadly, I really don't like playing killer for very long. It is genuinely pretty stressful against good teams and I can't be bothered to get stressed out over a computer game, I play games to de-stress.

The grind is ridiculous too (I understand that this has been improved in recent months). I reckon that you need to put at least 200+ hours into the game to be kitted out with the best builds for both killer and survivor. That means that for the first 200 hours - you are essentially at a disadvantage. I'm sure BHVR have the statistics at their disposal to see if new players are sticking at the game past the initial honeymoon period, or putting it down shortly after it. But I imagine that the grind puts new players off. Not to mention the ridiculous levels of toxicity floating around post-game chat.

The game is obviously enjoyable as so many people play it. But it's far from perfect and is in need of improvement if it's to be sustainable.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,024

I got ps plus recently and purchased for free titanfall 2, which I'm playing more than DbD

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2020

I watch the forums but I don't play anymore. This game is like a toxic relationship and I'm kind of done with it. I am hoping that Project Resistance and Predator are good enough to force this game to be better. Its been proven that a lack of competition makes any game stagnate and Last Year is not proper competition. Neither was Friday the 13th. I will never come back, but hopefully the game improves for those that do stick around.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397
    edited January 2020
  • IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,976

Me, because I work