Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Endless loading

If previously in patch before Oni every third lobby connection attempt resulted in NAT issue popup and return to main menu, now I just get endless loading.

1) Queue for a game

2) Tab out to watch something in background

3) Ingame sounds mutes as it finds a lobby to connect to

4) Loading

5) Resume watching

6) Completely forget about the game and keep watching movie for two hours

7) Hey, it's been loading this whole time. And no, the game is not frozen - it is responsive and trying to connect.

I liked the notification about NAT much more than this.

I would like to actually connect to servers though.

Comments

• manzarimanzari Member Posts: 49
    edited December 2019

Been having the same issue since the servers went live, they said something about Amazon servers being blocked in Russia and Middle East and the matchmaking system uses Amazon servers. Which is weird because Amazon is not blocked in my country.

Currently the only way to play the game normally if u have that issue is to use a VPN. But fair warning, that can destroy your ping.

• RussianSlyRussianSly Member Posts: 8

Ok, lets forget for a second that Amazon situation has been around for a few years and there are many workarounds to that. Some businesses even share source codes for it. Lets just ignore that for a moment.

First of all, I am a paying customer. Why would I need to pay additionally to third-party services (VPN) to be able to play the game is beyond me.

Second, it was working more or less fine in previous patch. Why endless loading instead of NAT popup?

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,992

I have a suspicion it might be trying to connect you to a player further away, and it's timing out but then not ACTUALLY "crashing" and giving you an error... and instead it just keeps trying.

Which is, you know, not helpful. I know the team are looking into that issue though, and Clyde started a thread about it.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/ru/discussion/108667

I dont have such an error showing up anymore, not applicable.

Had endless loading 5 times in a row yesterday, finding actually playable match took me around 70 minutes. Is anything going to be done?

Did you reply to the thread I posted? They're gonna want to know info about this, and since it's all about the russian experience, they might have more info/tips/etc to help.

They are asking for logs from people having NAT pop up.

I dont have a NAT pop up anymore.

• dparks3dparks3 Member Posts: 2

Getting an endless loading screen all of a sudden when searching for a match.

Also, second poster in this thread noted issue outside of RF.

I noticed someone else had this issue (not in russia) and it was related to running a VM on their PC and they'd forgotten to close it. Somehow it was messing with the ports.

I DOUBT it, but any of you folks doing that?

• dparks3dparks3 Member Posts: 2

I am in the United States and the issue is on PlayStation 4.

No, I am not running VM.

Meanwhile, what is the problem with reverting back to NAT popup precisely?

This has been around for a while now.

The issue on PS4 could be related to the recent switch to dedicated servers, so hopefully that'll sort itself out.

As for PC, I am honestly out of ideas. It sounds like it's trying to connect and just... not... for some reason... and then not giving you an error message when it should.

Meanwhile, it's been a month and a half since issue appeared.

It is a known issue, according to forums. But still jack [BAD WORD] is being done.

Decided to play a match before a work shift recently. Three endless loadings in a row instead of a match, well screw me, I guess.