Home Discussions General Discussions
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Game Performance survey.
The information and answers provided are anonymous, not shared with any third-party, and will not be used for purposes other than survey analysis.

Access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbD-PlayerSurvey
The forum is currently experiencing issues, we are aware and these are being looked into. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Stay safe in the fog!

Something Has To Change With Console.

I wait for 14 minutes only for the game to tell me my nat type is messed up for times in a row. I finally get a game and the low and behold the Killer has 130 ms. I start the match anyway and low and behold my survivor gets to hold the pallet lovingly while the killer walks up behind me.

14 mins. . . . Nat type error. 14 mins . . . . 130 to 140 ms Killer. Rinse and repeat. Red Ranks officially sucks

Comments

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,253

I get matched within 5-10 minutes, around there. I get the same stuff too. Sometimes i get no unknown error or something. I don't get it as often as you it seems. I'm just on here to pass the time.

Red ranks too :)

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,801

When console players will stop asking for dumb changes (like legacies, the PTBs, the chance of changing their name), and start to riot, then maybe, just maybe, things will change.

I'm saying that half of the console related threads are people begging for legacy, or the chance to change their names or new skins. If they don't start complaining against all this crap, devs will only see them like the golden goose they are.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,380

Well, I've played with red ranks, and I've been to Rank 5 max before.

I started smurfing just to break away from all the sweat and because loading times were getting pretty long. And besides the usual "I'm literally only here to ruin people's day" players you occasionally get, it's been pretty fun for the most part.

Playing at Rank 17, with under-levelled or underpowered perks, can be rewarding in its own way. Somehow level 1 Self Care and Spine Chill with level 3 Botany Knowledge and Lightweight work pretty well against most baby killers.

Ah yeah, the fps change that was meant in December 2018... also trust me, when devs announced the release of almost every giveaway code skin, many cried for legacy.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 953

It really makes me sad because Hag is my favorite killer to play but you just can’t do well with her at red ranks when the frames go from 30 to 10. It’s extremely frustrating just trying to hit survivors.

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Name changes aren't up to BHVR. They are up to Microsoft and Sony (assuming you mean their gamer tags).

• paint1210paint1210 Member Posts: 95

just play killer, The problem is not on waiting time, is for player. Nowadays, number survivor is more than killer ways too much. And thanks to SWF, red rank and purple rank solo player need to wait for the longer time

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

130ms isn't even that bad. On PC, I lurk around 100ms and it's fine.

You mean the player name right? Then PS4 player can change their names now. We are slowly creeping our way there. Also not all console players want that stuff. Just a portion that want all that.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 1,537

She was one of my favourites too but I've just given up on playing her for now. Also whenever I played her the game decided to bless me with a corn map. I probably feature on about a thousand "360ing baby killers" youtube compilations 😭

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Not really familiar with the name changes on console sadly; I primarily play PC.

I don't know about Microsoft but Sony let's you change your name once, free. However, if you want to change it again. It will cost money. They also said some games might not be compatible, by changing your name, you might lose progress on some games you play. That was back when it first came out so i don't know about know. I didn't want to risk losing progress on any game so i never did it.

• TruffleTurtleTruffleTurtle Member Posts: 215

I think he means like an in game name. Like being able to have a changeable in game name

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 367

You can change your name on PSN for 4$, my issue is with the 130 to 140 ping and the constant Nat type error to be fixed I play on an open nat type I shouldn't have that issue.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Maybe you had a problem with your nat. I've never ever had this particular problem crop up. Plenty of others but not this one.

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,647

They won’t do anything drastic until people start leaving and playing other games. Most people won’t say anything though, they will just leave.