We'll be updating the forums shortly. Please do not panic. There is nothing wrong with your television.
The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Please no FNaF Chapter.

Comments

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 1,065

Kiddies want their favorite killer x'D. They are not even old enough to play this game.

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 793

I sincerely hope we do not get another map similar to Haddonfield or Badham Preschool. I find those maps very frustrating to play on.

For your other points, I'm not familiar enough with the books to comment.

This is so true.

An original chapter would be even better. I don't understand why people would opt for a more complicated option.

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 137

To the comments: We don't know exactly how Springtrap looks like there, they could be more creative and make it fit DbD. The Survivor could be a friend of Charlie (the main-main character) they visited the abandoned Pizzaria and such. As for the map, in the graphic novel there's not much houses around charlies childhood home, so there could easily be build structures like on other maps.

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 535

The licensed stuff is not cannon to the DBD lore. Besides Ghostface, who is an original version created just for DBD. They're just there for the fun of it. Think of DBD as horror's Smash. Except instead of Nintendo characters and guests it's DBD's original characters and guests.

Because if you think the lore of the licenses have to fit DBD's lore then we already issues. The plot of Ash vs Evil Dead (mid 2010s) takes place after the plot of the L4D games (late 2000s). You knew the games where the world collapsed due to a zombie apocalypse?

It would also mean that the Entity, dream demons, hell, zombies, the Upside Down, magic, physics, mutants all exist in the same reality. Which would make no sense. You can't square the timelines and lore of all the series and DBD together logically.

Long story short the lore of DBD shouldn't be used as an obstacle for potential crossovers. As long as the series in question is horror it's in play to be added to this game.

You've just perfectly summarized why I don't like licensed chapters.

DbD's lore should come before the lore of potential crossovers.

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 535

At the end of the day it does not matter. DBD's lore can exist side by side with guest characters.

Licensed chapters also sell more than original chapters. The money from crossovers can be then used to fund the creation of original content.

It's a win-win for everyone.

• Nibla02Nibla02 Member Posts: 135
    1. The killer wouldnt fit. Maybe not but its fun to explore other franceises and universes. And as you can clearly see people wants springtrap, the main killer in the seires not freedy, the bear. We already have teenage boys and a walking flower head.
    2. No iconic location. Who said that a location is needed there are aton of things to grab from the seires and it dosnt even need to have a map. It can just be with ghostface and the survivor.
    3. Ofc its gonna be the nightguard or the killers son Micheal Afton that has tried to fix his dad's mess. A survivor isnt even needed if BHVR dosnt want to.
    4. 1 i dont think alot of people really care about the lore and just likes killers becuase of how they are and because of thier power/powers. I havnt read any killers lore except for legions and i still dont care about thier backstory. 2 Its just of the characters right ? Both the killer William, and the survivor Micheal have storys that you can tell pretty easy and simple from who they are and what thier goal was or is. It can be around the same length as clown.
    5. How does game styles matter ? Like really this isnt about bringing the entire game into dbd, just the killer and surv and everything has a diffrent artstyle nothing is the same. Just make it the same art style that dbd has and its fine
    6. Yeah and for the people that dosnt like it then dont buy it. its pretty simple i dont get this. It seems like alot of people also hated on stranger things for some reason but they didnt seem to care and it is a good chapter. Demi maybe isnt really uniqie since its a copy of hag and kind of nurse but it still works.
    7. Here you talk bout dbd lore but can you maybe explain this a bit more ? since when has Claudettes lore came in to contact with any one else ? How does this Restrict lore ? what even is DBD own lore. its just a bunch of humannoids who got taken away because some monster wanted them. Thats really it. And i dont think Scott would stop them from creating cosmetics for his creations based on the way he is and granting others his ip's now. How did the Oni change Dbd lore. Nothing because he has his own thing with the spirit. The entity just took him based of his bad actions or whatever..

In conclusion you dont have to like everything defently not but your points are all just … especually when you say that you only like 1/6 of the dlc or what ever you wrote in a comment somewere. I never knew who micheal, buba, pig, ash and bill was before this game and i still like to play as them all and i still dont really know thier backstory. Bill is from left 4 dead which also is a completly diffrent game but the fans still love it and his perks are for the most part good.

I hope you get everything right since my English is a tad bit broken.

1) You might find it "fun" to explore other franchises but I would certainly not find it fun to encounter robot bears (or whatever Springtrap is supposed to resemble).

2) A chapter without a map is pretty dull. Also I didn't say there wasn't any iconic locations from the franchise. I meant that most people requesting the FNaF chapter want a different map to each other or no map at all. It would therefore be easier to just have a different chapter idea whereby there is clearly a survivor, a killer and a map rather than lots of mixed opinion.

3) I don't see how it's "ofc" going to be a nameless "nightguard" and I have no idea who "Michael Afton" is. You're acting like I'm supposed to recognize these people as someone who is not a fan of the FNaF franchise.

4) You might not care about the lore and that's fine. However, I personally care massively about the lore. It's the most interesting aspect of DbD to me and I dislike the licensed characters because they add nothing interesting to DbD's lore. If anything, they just complicate the story by introducing loose ends, unanswered questions and things which don't make sense.

5) My point here is that I don't see why it makes sense to bring two massively different games together. They are both clearly very different genres of horror. FNaF relies heavily on jumpscares whereas Dead by Daylight focuses more on chases, tension and the 'cat-and-mouse' between the survivor and killer. FNaF and DbD do not share the same atmosphere so trying to combine them runs the risk of undoing DbD's atmosphere.

6) In my eyes, the Stranger Things Chapter doesn't "work" at all. It's by far my least favorite chapter because I dislike the source material and the lore barely makes sense. The character backstories we have in-game add virtually no detail to who the characters actually are and don't tell us anything more about the Entity or its realm. I bought Dead by Daylight to play Dead by Daylight, if I wanted to play FNaF or Stranger Things then I would have gone elsewhere.

7) When did I mention Claudette here? I don't understand what you're referencing. As for my point about licenses being restrictive, I mean that the developers have to run all character designs, cosmetics and lore by the license holders and aren't as free to implement their own stories and ideas. Also with every original character, we are seeing more of The Entity's realm and what is in it. Adding licensed characters adds to the story of the licensed character, not DbD.

You're right in saying I don't have to like everything but there are already so many licensed characters in the game. I'll reiterate a point I made earlier, I came to DbD in 2016 to play Dead by Daylight, not because I had an interest in Stranger Things, Left 4 Dead, Saw, Halloween etc. If I wanted to play those things then I would have gone elsewhere.

I'm not sure where you got the statistic that I dislike 1/6 of the DLCs because I never said this in any prior comment.

DbD's own game play, characters, story and lore should always be the priority over potential crossovers.

• SanityNightSanityNight Member Posts: 97

I very much agree that I would not fit in with the game. Yes maybe a robotic type killer might be cool, but definitely not a robot bear thing

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,347

I agree. Five Nights At Freddy's has no place in DBD. Its pretty similar to asking for a Wile E. Coyote killer. Or Barney the Dinosaur. Actually, a Barney the Dinosaur killer sounds legitimately scary.

• Hex_KillerMainBTWHex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 327

Let people talk about having a FNaF chapter. If the devs have already spoken to the company that made it, and it's agreeable terms on both sides, then it's probably already in the works. If the devs don't want to do one, then there won't be one. Let people have their fun of fantasizing. Just like fantasizing having Jason or Chucky. If anything I would want another ghostly style killer in the game

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 3,317

Stranger things has set the bar so low that anything is possible.

Sorry, but other than the pedo guy, anything is a possibility now. ST didnt exactly fit either, yet here we are, with it in game.

I'm all for people being creative and fantasizing about possible content but similar to Stranger Things, if a large portion of people request something then there's a possibility it could happen.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I really would not like a FNaF chapter.

• WRussoWWRussoW Member Posts: 158

I sincerely hope Fnaf chapter is a meme among this community. Like the "add Waluigi in Smash" or "add Shaggy in Mortal Kombat".

I doubt it honestly will become a chapter. I never even played FNaF, just saw some friends play it or youtube videos. However, I believe they could take some concepts from the game and possibly apply it to a new killer. What I'd love to see is a killer that can pull one survivor at max into a different realm as the power to have one person out of the game for maybe 30 seconds to maybe a minute max. Or just a new killer that can move around the map without being too strong. Because let's be honest, every high mobility killer does stupidly well.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 5,680

1) I didn't say they were the same thing. I said she was effectively a ghost.

2) Well, past licensed chapters have found some way to tie licensed characters into the Entity's realm. Same applies here.

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 455

IMO, we need to stop creating killers with gimmicky mobility, or atleast come up with a creative way to do it. Right now, characters like Billy, Spirit, and Pre-patch nurse had about as much variation as members of a Kpop band.

This, this made me laugh. I do agree however on it. A power gauge for mobility is a bit old. I honestly wouldn't mind one that goes in a serpentine style movement. Least so you try and predict where the killer would go and see if you can get a survivor with it or not. But, it'd be difficult to do at loops. Honestly, I would've liked to make spirit's movement where survivors could see her, she could see the survivors but her movement was phasing in and out like she does when she normally walks.

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 116
    edited January 6

I don't think most players actually give a [BAD WORD] about the backstory of a character and the developer's shouldn't need to tailor every chapter to people that don't know leading shows or movies. The people that DO know the background of those characters whether it is Freddy, Meyers, Scream, or anyone else drastically outweighs the number of people that don't. Okapi has a fair point too about it basically being product placement. Ignoring a current show that has a huge following would've been a huge fail.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,331
    edited January 6

You guys are defending horror/saying something would look silly and defeat the atmosphere?

May i remind you that this is coming to the game soon?

We also have Santa Clown, Old man Hillbilly with swim trunks and a stick of meat as a weapon.

Survivor skins also have already destroyed the atmosphere with glowing dance party outfits (jake), Neon (Nea), Ash has a hand puppet and more...

Silly/Funny/Unexpected/Not horror isn't a reason to not do something we are so far past that defense by now June 2018 was when you should've been here arguing that point.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 8,808
    edited January 6
  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,331

I can't wait to read about Hillbillys trip to the beach. I need to know where he got those swim trunks and flip flops so i can get some too.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBDWhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 240

I'd like to see it

• KillerRaccoonKillerRaccoon Member Posts: 596

The Killer wouldn’t fit? It doesn’t need to be the clean and well-kept Freddy Fazbear. Most of the fans would want William Afton anyway, the rotting corpse trapped in a withering rabbit suit.

No iconic location? The pizza establishments. Any of them. Just pick one.

Who would the Survivor be? The Cannibal and The Ghost Face didn’t come with a Survivor. They’re not necessary.

Complicated story? Basically any licensed Killer.

Different styles? Look at The Pig. In the Saw movies, she’s never really depicted as a slasher. If anything, the movies are more like murder mysteries than slasher films. Yet that is how she’s portrayed in-game, running around slicing people.

Lack of community interest? Behaviour would have to carefully consider their choices. They would only release the chapter if the amount of new players brought in is bigger than the amount of people who leave. But how many people are really going to leave because of a chapter?

Licensed chapters are more limited? Maybe so, but they’re also huge money makers for Behaviour. With characters being Auric Cell exclusive and all of their outfits being very rare, they rack up mad cash for the developers.

• KillerRaccoonKillerRaccoon Member Posts: 596

Some characters can come from alternate universes. This was confirmed in the archives, that The Entity moves from world to world picking up new Survivors and Killers.

Bill is from a different universe than everyone else. That’s why he’s the only one who’s experienced a zombie apocalypse.

• FregglesFredFregglesFred Member Posts: 106

Honestly, it'd work, and it wouldn't at the same time. I could care less for it.