Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Rip ruin

I'm one of the first to talk about ruins rewark. Unfortunately ruin is getting a Nerf,honestly I don't know how to feel about this one;

Survivors will be indeed less frustrated and it will be easier to new survivors to learn the game and have a chance

But

Ruin was one of,if not the most important tool to keep the gens slowed down. The new ruin will just buff the regression each time a gen isn't worked on. So that means that if they tap (which now they have no reason to) the meter won't go down.

Honestly,from my point of view is justified, but I really don't want the changes. It is a strong defencive tool for killers. They mentioned that gens get popped fast at the start and with this change,gens will get regressed more and more,without (possibly) the survivors knowing it is ruin.

I guess goodbye ruin. Pgtw is now the strongest slowing the game down perk. Huntress luliby is the stronger skillcheck perk.

I just don't get why the only changes made are to killers and not to survivors. Why didn't they buff other peeks that slow the game to fill the empty space that ruin left

I really don't know

What do you guys think? Let me know down below

Comments

• camgaming_dbdcamgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

where did u see this at?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,279

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117488 all information about the proposed changes (there will be a PTB first) can be found on this thread.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2020

Hmm, when I first heard that they were nerfing hex ruin I could feel a vein popping in my forehead. They can't possibly be this stupid, right? Nerfing hex ruin before decisive strike or borrowed time. Not surprising, but at least the gatekeeper emblem is being reworked right? That'll fix everything /s

The change seems interesting, though. Gen's regressing without even being kicked has a lot of applications, but I wonder if this was done to break the synergy ruin has with pgtw. Because as far as I know you can't kick an already regressing generator. Shame they decided to nerf a HEX perk, which can be spawned so far away that the killer might never to get to physically see it before it's broken. Really hope the devs know what they're doing.

Off topic technically, but I'm getting worried about the doctor rework. I can't see them making him worse, but they definitely don't seem to be making him better overall.