Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

An idea to balance SUPER STRONG windows.

2»

Comments

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited January 5

Question: What if a survivor decides to grief the game by destroying the window completely? The idea is solid but perhaps you can add a new rule that the survivor must be in a chase for the window to crumble?

• CookieBawsCookieBaws Member Posts: 200

With how many maps and variations now you should prepare a decent scheme in no time if you call it "quick"

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,916

@NurseMainBTW

I agree that it could have a condition like being in a chase.

Realistically if that player just wants to “troll” they could do it by just throwing down every pallet on the map. I think being in a chase is a fair condition to somewhat prevent griefing.

• CookieBawsCookieBaws Member Posts: 200

Common sence squad here: Yes, people will grief others. So only in chase and fast vault. And if window breaks, all survivors get special noise notification.

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

This is a very good idea, also could potentially raise more perk ideas. They should add this to the game.

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 725

It sounds great at first but then you gotta remember this is bhvr we talking about. They'll just break 100 things.

Another thing is this just sounds like doing extra. The devs could just fix windows the same way they normally do. Blocking windows, opening them up as a normal walk way, adding openings near windows, forcing slow and medium vaults on one side and making fast vaults difficult.

Your method is cool on paper but it just overcomplicates things and is really just a bandaid fix. Reminds me a lot of bloodlust and look how people think of it now. It is only there because of mini infinites and it breaks some loops because of how braindead it is.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,363

Love the idea!

• PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 197

Do we not already have "safe zones" that turn into "dead zones" in the game already? Destroyed pallets, by nature, turn most tiles that were previously "safe" into dead zones. Why would this be any different from the window crumbling to dust. Windows simply become another resource to be used as the trial proceeds.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,916
    edited January 6

@yandere777

I understand your concern, but for me doing a band-aid fix is exactly what you just said entirely blocking windows. I've already seen it happen and it makes gameplay less exciting and dull because as survivor you aren't left wondering "what is my next move", instead it becomes "Well this is where I go down because there is no way out"

The problem with god windows isn't the fact that they exist it's the fact that they are "infinites", meaning there is no end to them. By allowing the window to break it gives both the killer and the survivor an opportunity to not get punished for the window simply existing on the map. The survivor can choose to use it but be cautious about going through it again because they are depleting it more and more. The killer can rest assured that if it was 'abused' the first time it won't happen again or for a very long time, depending on how it would end up working.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 100

Great idea I loved it would be very fair to killers with these endless loops.

• grayon444grayon444 Member Posts: 419

Wow, that is a very, very creative idea.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 450

What I was thinking was perhaps it could have a respawn timer at 3 minutes like hooks that are sabotaged.