Home Discussions Off-topic

What inspired your name (in game/forum name)

GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

My psn (TreemanXD) was something I thought up after learning about Epidermodysplasia verruciformid (Treeman syndrome) and the “XD” was added because just “Treeman” was taken.

Comments

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,050

My forum name is my Xbox name.

My dad played the original Xbox and I got stuck with this. I'm not paying 10 bucks to change it.

• xCarriexCarrie Member Posts: 929

Carrie because it’s my name and “x“ because i’m easily scared so when you say xcarrie quickly it sounds like “scary.” :o

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,903
    edited January 2

DiPa is the nickname my friends like to call me, while the Ya comes from when Kanye West was about to drop the album Yandhi, so I did a kinda mash-up.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,852

Deadeye comes from the good ol' Diablo. Captain Deadeye was a skeleton champion running around in the dungeons. Got that name on twitch as well, often my game accounts are named Malachai, which comes from the game Requiem, where you play an avenging angel

• LofepramineLofepramine Member Posts: 158

Simply an antidepressant. No ad intended.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,482

My forum name is a secret.

But my in-game generally varies from day to day. I usually name myself according to my mood. Like food, colour, animals, human names, et cetera et cetera. Sometimes people commend on my names too, if it fits my playstyle. Like the other day, I named myself "gg piece of [BAD WORD]", and people were asking if I am an Otzdarva fan.

• StevoStevo Member Posts: 121

My name here is actually based on my Surname and used a lot more frequently in games nowadays (Stevo / StevoTheTroll / StevoTheTrolll <twitch name was taken, used 3 L’s instead>, I was dubbed the troll by a lot of friends in my teens and it just sorta stuck), though I can’t quite remember why 9 year old me thought my PSN (crack_it_up-94) was a good name. 1994 isn’t even my year of birth nor anyone in my immediate family lol. I got nothing for that one.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,870

My Steam name changes quite often.

My name here... well, it was pretty much picked just because I thought it'd fit the Stridor icon and I couldn't come up with anything else 😄

• MerGirl2003MerGirl2003 Member Posts: 110

My forum name comes from a mix of Mermaid and Girl, and 2003 is the year I was born, my Psn name used to be the same but I've since changed it to "BlendyTheHealbot", Blendy as in "Blendette" as I am a Claudette main(I don't actually play like a Blendette though so I don't really know what I was thinking) and Healbot cause I often like running healing builds. I'm thinking of changing it again though, cause I'm not so sure I want people to think I'm a Blendette.

• AcesthetiicAcesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Acesthetiic = Aesthetic. Credit to my sister!

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

One of my younger brothers came up with my Xbox gamertag, which I will leave out of the forums.

As for my forum name, I wanted it to be different to my Xbox name. I main Claudette, because I originally ran her for Self Care back in Rank 16 (don't hate me, it was ages ago. Nobody heals in that low a rank.) and Pig because I like to torture people, rather than outright kill them and I'm a SAW fanatic.

Therefore, PigMainClaudette. Also, Pig first sounds way better than ClaudetteMainPig.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180
    edited January 2

If you read my forum name, that's why and how I got the inspiration.

My PSN is o0Magic_Man0o_

How I got that name? I got it off of a joke I made about Magic Mike XXL, that movie, I twisted the name to Magic Man cause it sounded cool and it was a easy name to call me, so everyone calls me by my full psn name or "Magic".

@Mushwin calls me Magic Mike, she guessed it.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,499

Fallout: New Vegas fans should know.

• InjiInji Member, Mod Posts: 1,044

People couldnt pronounce my dutch name so I made an alias that kinda sounds the same.

• smappdoodasmappdooda Member Posts: 289

It's my "magic word" and website. (one of my many occupations is professional magician)

• QsKaaQsKaa Member Posts: 48

My name is from team I was in 2008-9 Quick Shoots rebranding to MyM and merged with Vitronik

we dominated the scene along with Wickeds then Vitronik (and yes I was kicked) -.-

So for legacy I switched my name to "Qs" but in my freaking country letter T between the Q and S will make ANOTHER word so i had to swich once again. Back then I was watching American Pie when someone was Foving a.. goat SO i put The Kaa in my name. QsKaa is easier to read than Kuzkaay and is prettier.

You Should hear how people from discord trying to pronounce my name :D

• prismalorgprismalorg Member Posts: 55

Simply enough, its a track; INFEKT - Prismalorg (not a very good track in my opinion anymore, however, a riddim classic (if you're into the genre))

• EnderloganYTEnderloganYT Member Posts: 561

same as PSN name, made because I liked minecraft a tad too much at the time and it stuck with me oof

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 918

Given to me by Xbox Live, stuck ever since.

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,253

From a PS2 video game i liked a lot at the time. Still one of my favorites. It is (Dot) HACK

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,735

Burrito's

• Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 856

Aztreonam is the name of some antibiotic.

My in-game name is Benedict Camperbatch, I love Sherlock.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

Stereotypes, and probably "unprofessional" intent if I was to guess was my inspiration.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,588

For my forum name,I wanted something unique. When I first started playing survivor I was always playing Claudette and the second I heard the heartbeat I would always hide in a bush. So I decided it was the perfect name.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 512

They’re pretty much the same on both, and it’s because I kink Ghost Face, just gonna be real. I actually changed my username this week, before my PS4 username was ChokeMeGhostFace LOL.

• bomb1720bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

my name is my psn name too. it's part of my real name and my bf name tom. sounds like bomb. i'm from uk and i've heard people in the usa say da bomb. we're da bomb, so that is how i came up with mine 😃💣️

• LaraVermillionLaraVermillion Member Posts: 75

LaraVermillion is my gaming tag for over 10 years now.

Lara is my first name and Vermillion was, back in the day, my favourite Slipknot song :D Fun fact: Somewhere in Missouri lives a CEO that is really called Lara Vermillion. Wonder if she knows about me and my gaming history whenever she googles her own name 😂

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

My forum name is also my Xbox name. Nothing inspired my username hence why it's my real life name followed by my initials. Only zoomers try to make it hip, we millennials are more cultured.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,531

I like hoodies