Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I've never seen this much outrage...

Comments

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2020

The reason for the outrage isn't the nerf itself. The fact that you don't acknowledge that makes us feel like you're deafened to our opinions.

It's about the fact that you saw something that has been used on a large scale...and instead of asking WHY that is the case...WHY it's being used so heavily....and trying to remedy WHY...you just nerf it into obscurity. That's not how balance works. Then again - at this point, expecting BHVR to know about balance is like expecting an apple to taste like a peach. After all, your history with balance is atrocious. But hey, I guess we should just all go play Civilization.

I don't mean that as disrespect. I'm just telling it like it is. At this point, your studio has made itself into a living meme with a barrage of terrible decisions, and buggy updates over the last 3+ years. People would be more inclined to take you guys at your word more if you proved that you listen equally to both sides.

• last0nelast0ne Member Posts: 88

Very true mostly why I'm mad feels non stop with the nerfs...an sounds have been bugged for killers for over a month

• BastardKingBastardKing Member Posts: 659

Not just sounds. Almost every killer has major bugs, and they don't get dealt with, but nerfs for killers can be programed in at Mach 5.

Wraith still gets flashlight burned into his cloaked form instead of uncloaked, so you can be chain burned until their flashlights run out.

Billy still gets Ghost saws.

Hag randomly does 360s like she thinks she is a survivor.

Doctor's shocks are completely inconsistent on when they stop survivors from vaulting/dropping pallets.

Huntress Hitboxes 2020.

Plague can vomit on survivors who do the physical reaction and the coughing, then don't get sickened.

Ghostface can be broken out of stealth around corners and through some walls.

Not to mention just last game, I got stuck in 3 different grab animations as Wraith where I managed to pull someone off a gen, but they walked off while I was stuck in the animation, not only denying the grab, but also not even giving a hit.

And those are just the BUGS. Not the nerfs. Not the things done intentionally to make them weaker. These are the things that aren't supposed to happen. Some of these are absolutely gamebreaking for the killer, but killers are second class, so they don't get fixed.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I have. The healing changes last year. The DS changes too. It is just different because it is killers this time. Seriously, wait to see how it functions.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

Your arrogance is going to be the death of this game. I know you're gambling that killers are still going to play, but I don't see it happening. Unless something gets done about the broken maps and gen times, no killer is going to want to play. Can you rebuild your killer base from scratch?

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Imagine having tons of informed players telling you why this is a poor change -AT THIS TIME- and still thinking you know better. That level of arrogance, ignorance, or whatever we're calling it at this point isn't just astounding, it's a superpower.

• SafetyOffSafetyOff Member Posts: 68

Good, cause killers are broken and deserve the nerfs. Every other game killer gets 4 kills, sometimes ends games in 3-5 min. Killers have so many advantages over survivors. Faster MS, blink abilities, gap closers, instant downs. Mori, busted addons that almost guarantee a win. No survivor addon guarantees you a win. Maybe a key is the strongest thing survivors have and you still have to fix 4 gens to even be able to use it.

Tons of passive perks that are extremely strong and "fire and forget" design. Meaning you just slap it on, and get massive use out of them, referring to lot of the Hex perks. That's why Hex: Ruin is getting nerfed.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,663
    edited January 2020

The only thing that is proven once again:

The DBD Community is the best in crying without testing. Neither of the persons who complain tested the new Ruin and neither of them tested to play with other Perks instead of Ruin.

Quite a shame that the DBD Community is such a whiny mess.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Exactly.

I think the Ruin change is not needed at all, but what happens here at the forums right now is a little too much crying imo. Especially when I read that players want to punish other players with most toxic playstyles for the decision the Devs made. What the hell...?

I'm gonna stop playing for a week or so until they all calmed down a bit or used up their ebony moris. Don't want to deal with these outraged people atm.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,663

I mean, I also have no problem with current Ruin. I guess I will profit, because I cannot sit on a Gen with a Potato anymore who cannot hit Skill Checks (I hit them 9/10, so Ruin did not matter that much for me, but I also have 3K hrs, so I should be able to hit Ruin Skill Checks, lol). But I would not have asked for a change (more like that Hex Totems should be more hidden, but this is nothing that only I would like to have).

But I highly dislike the amount of Threads that is coming up with all this negativity. Most likely because 90% of those players will still continue playing the game and continue playing Killer.

And coming up with toxic playstyles.. Why punishing Survivors for a change they did not ask for? No reason to punish people with Moris, who might not even know that the Forum exist or never interacted with any Social Media Presence of BHVR. And those will most likely be the vast majority of players.

• InfckingcredibleInfckingcredible Member Posts: 145

Well... I don't really see a point in buying a skin for a first person killer i won't even see the whole game (if not using a mori). So, yeah...

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 201

They changed Ruin because everyone is a god that can pressure 7 gens at once right

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,528

I think you guys could reduce a bit the outrage if you tell us your stance on gen speed, if you see there is a problem, if you're working on something etc. Just a little suggestion.

• ArtyomichArtyomich Member Posts: 281

How to decimate killer population 101.

Thanks, Now I can switch side and join the club. I would be happy too now that I can gen rush with ease.

• cap10team0cap10team0 Member Posts: 3

almo i dont know you know this but a really good survivor team can finish a gen in 24 seconds from start of the game because that person didnt have ruin. You want proof? I can link it to you anytime.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 1,074

Hey don’t worry, only Survivors cry about nerfs.

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

Nothing's wrong with gen speeds. If you can't keep all the survivors you're not chasing off a gen, can you really call yourself a good killer?

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,273

"Just apply pressure 4head"

If you aren't playing a top tier killer, you can be extremely good at killer and be genrushed.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,273

There is no reason to turn this into a killer vs survivor fight.

• FearlessHunterFearlessHunter Member Posts: 491

So if 99% of the community hate the change but there's that 1% who like the change your still going to implement it into the game?

Isn't the whole point of a PTB to test something and if the players don't like it then you won't add it into the game after all? I remember that's what you guys said when the BL changes were announced.

But at this rate what's the point of PTB if your going to keep the changes even if they suck?

Also can you please explain why you keep hiding stuff from us? This is why people are getting angry. You did this with the Freddy addon changes too. If I was a game developer I would never ever do this.

"hey guys here is the doctor rework on the PTB... btw we changed ruin lol"

you should announce drastic changes like this 2 weeks before the PTB not one day before it drops.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

You expected it and you ignore it, like all killers opinion and suggestion. We forget that you are siding with survivors. But you do nothing about crazy gen rushing speed. We all realized how BHVR works.

• En3ermostEn3ermost Member Posts: 267

You and all the Dev team are embarassing. Worse company I've ever seen in lots and lots of gaming years.