The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Did BHVR really not adjust the grind in the Rift ?

WitasWitas Member Posts: 253
edited January 7 in General Discussions

As in title. If they plan to leave the Rift the same, as in requiring literally 200 hours to complete, then yeah ... Im not buying it ... and Im pretty sure many people also will not. Having the Rift only be for dedicated players is one thing, but forcing you to grind for 2-3 hours a day to complete it at the very last moment is a different thing entirely.

Comments

• chase131119chase131119 Member Posts: 256

I'm pretty sure they've added a lot more challenges compared to tome 1. That will decrease the grind immensely, more challenges = more shards.

• InfckingcredibleInfckingcredible Member Posts: 141

I think the grind is fine. You get pretty far by doing all the challenges

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,176

First rift was too grindy if you have a family and a full time job.

I put all my gaming time into Dbd over the rift period and only got as far as the horse with a missing leg.

Was happy with the rewards I got but the time investment required is too much.

I want to play other games as well so shall pass on the next one if its the same.

• TisfineTisfine Member Posts: 148

So how's the challenges? Should I start expecting disaster to unfold by farming each other.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 296

i think there is more challenges than on the first Tome.

• MrsMaliciousXMrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 579

The challenges that I actually looked at and read. They wren't that bad. There are some (save x amount of people with We're gonna live forever) and (save x amount of people off the hook) both of them being safely of course lmfao

• kisfenkinkisfenkin Member Posts: 141

@Infckingcredible Still, it was too much grind. I stopped working on Tome 1 after Level 3, because I figured out how much grind it would take me to finish it off from where I would have ended if I finished Level 4, around tier 55. It was 210 more games. That is not hours, that is matches of the game. That means it would take me roughly 53 hours of grinding games AFTER completing Levels 1-4 of Tome 1. Add to that the games were becoming unplayable because everyone was working on the Rift instead of playing the game like normal.

That isn't worth my time.

I hope the next Tome has challenges that bring us a more reasonable amount of progress in the Rift, and that those challenges aren't bottle-necking players into playing badly.

• InfckingcredibleInfckingcredible Member Posts: 141

So it's about 53 hours over what? 3 month? It's basically 1-2 games per day or less if you just do 1 survivor and 1 killer game each per day since you get an xp bonus for the first game.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 534

I played everyday for 2-3 hours since release of tome 1 and even played a 5-6 hours some days and I only made it to tier 60.

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 148

Any time somebody like you replies to something like that they always forget a few details.

-Not everybody can play every day, and so those extra games would be rolled back. Maybe even take extra time, since missing a daily bonus can't be made up.

-Queue times, especially considering when a match was a "waste of time"

-Matches not lasting as long as they could due to the inevitable DC or "toxic killer" that just goes around Mori'ing people off first hooks, so one might not get good XP out of a match.

-Some people might not even complete all the challenges because some are too tricky to get, resulting in more grind needed for the extra fragments.

Plus, that's the amount of games it would take him *from the point in the challenges which he stopped.* At that point in time he wouldn't have 3 months to do all the grinding he needed left. If the rift really did only take that amount of grind more people would be buying it and less complaining would happen.

• JOBreazyJOBreazy Member Posts: 128

Did you do most of the challenges?

i did all the challenges and played 7-10 games a day, sometimes more than 10 and had 20 days left when i got to 70.

definitely a grind though

• Sharkles009Sharkles009 Member Posts: 10

The first tome was pretty annoying to get through, and I never finished the last level. Between camping/DC's/tunneling and then the challenges themselves, it was a struggle most of the time.

I'm glad I didn't buy the battle pass.

• rharha Member Posts: 119

I did some quick, rough math today while I was bored at work. I can't recall the exact numbers, but based on the currently known tome 2 challenges (which may be changed) it is a bit less grindy. I think it was something like 90 or so matches less to play to finish the rift, provided you get all challenges done.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 183

I hope they do. I played a pretty insane amount in rhe last rift inbetween level releases and completed every challenge and still had to buy the last 5 levels. And thats with only a reasonably busy part time job.

The master challenges are too difficult or luck based to only be worth a 3rd or half a level.

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited January 8

I mean I personally think the devs calculated how long the average player will take to complete the rift and specifically made it so that you'd most likely have to drop $20 if you want to fully complete it, on top of the $10 you spent for it. That's why challenges are so inconsistent and tedious at certain points and why it's so grindy.

You'd be surprised how likely people are to spend $20 on cells or how they feel people would use the cells given for free in the rift to use for more rift tiers, and they do this by also giving you the ability to buy the Hallowed Blight skins so that you don't feel like you're getting nothing.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 534

All of them up to the 4th level, I got stuck on complete 4 generators and kick the same gen 4 times, and that's because I don't farm when I play. I play the game normally so it's a plateau.