Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

After seeing what’s in the next Rift pass, are you getting it?

I definitely am. I felt like I got my money’s worth with the last one and from what I’ve seen in the next, everything looks so good. I love the Spirit cosmetic and her related charms the most, and the Doctor outfit is really nice. For what I’m paying I certainly feel like it’s worth it, compared to buying one skin on its own (unless the skin is somehow just too good)

Comments

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Where did you see what’s coming next?

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 5,769

Where can you see it?

• dragobvdragobv Member Posts: 277

ofcourse those cosmetics are great

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 4,993

Didn't look at what's in the rift.

Going with the same politic. If I feel like I'll complete it just fine, I get it.

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 244

do you know if i could see the rift in any other way because i dont have dbd on my pc and i have it on my ps4

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Nope. Because I didn't buy the last one + even if I did with college I dont have the time to even complete half of it

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,480

I'm also going to see first. I feel like of course it's worth it if I can do all or most of it before I even pay, but that didn't feel very possible last time. Even after completing all the tomes I still only was at about tier 50. I maaaay do it, but there's gotta be changes. Less grind (with easier to get fragments or more frags from challenges) and less push to play in a boring way mostly. One thing I think would be great is if it was easy enough to complete playing only one side, as I know that some people only play one side. I personally prefer killer as well, even if I play both. Be nice to have options.

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 258

I finished the first rift 15 or 20 days before it closed. I was happy with it and the cosmeticss and charms were decent. The new one also looks good.

But if I'm being honest, I only want the last lantern charm, the vial was also primarily the reason I got the first one. 👀

• Adriang14Adriang14 Member Posts: 257

yes but only for Jane

• eeevelyneeeevelyne Member Posts: 19

No, I got no time to play this month and I don't want to feel pressured to by buying the rift.

• xCarriexCarrie Member Posts: 982

Those Feng cosmetics and that legion jacket? Yessir.

that lantern charm too tho. 👀

• FleeceFleece Member Posts: 253

But doctor is even more useless now so why care about the cosmetic?

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

I'm gonna hard pass on the new rift. I will gladly do the challenges and get all the free stuff, but I won't spend another cent on this game for a long while.

• WhaleBlubberWhaleBlubber Member Posts: 7

I just want that sweet clown cosmetic. I've had my eye on it since it was revealed.

Same. Last rift I had to buy the last levels to get what I wanted because I dared to slack off playing for a while. Doesn't really feel worth it now if I think about it. Especiallly after all the nerfs and changes......Idk I think I'm taking a break for a while.

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I was just seeing reskins and tons of charms which are useless for me.

This one is worse for me. Only the clown skin is cool, but that's in the free track anyway.

Same. Had to buy the last levels of the first rift to get what I wanted because I dared to slack off playing for a while. I spend almost all christmas to get some challenges done in time. Doesn't feel worth it now, if I think about it. Especially after all these nerfs and changes, spending that much money and time....nah I think its time for a break.

• OogieBoogieOogieBoogie Member Posts: 146

You realize the art team that makes cosmetics has nothing to do with balance/bug fixes right? Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

1 Wraith body reskin.

Nah, i'm good this time. 🙄

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yes I realize that, I also kinda remember that 2 of those cosmetics were drawn by fans.

However I don't want bhvr to put more ressources into art. They need to put more into coding and fixing flaws with the game. Until i see that happening, no more money from me. This is coming from somebody who bought everything and gifted alot to friends who do not have as much money to spend.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 489

The only cosmetic i like is the clown one, and that for the memes.

The hag looks good, but let's be honest who plays hag, plus hag has some other great skins.

Hard pass from me tbh.

• Hex_KillerMainBTWHex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 446
    edited January 2020

I'm curious how people claim that the doctor is useless now. He has shock therapy and static blast. He's LITERALLY the same Killer with a second ability and changes to the add ons.... @Fleece

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I will be getting it, I want the David clothes, Jake clothes, more Wraith customizations, clown oufits, etc.

Very cool.

For all of you that say "They need to work on game balancing, not cosmetics", they have multiple departments who work on different things, the cosmetic design department does not work on game balancing, that's like having a construction worker work as a lawyer, it just doesn't make sense.

• IronIron Member Posts: 241

As soon as I saw the fan made Feng cosmetic revealed from the art challenge winners I was super excited about it, so yeah, I'll be grinding it out just like the last one, in hopefully about the same amount of time.

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,253

I'd gladly pay 10 dollars on that Jane hair alone.

• TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2020

likely not. The Ace cosmetic is free (which I am VERY excited for), the charm I care about is the Cand-EYE-cane (free), and the entirety of Mr. Puddles is free (I don't play clown or even own him, but maybe I'll use my shards on him). I would've for Doctor (my current killer main) if it wasn't for the fact that I'm uncertain about him (have to play a lot to see if I still want to main him, or not).

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Yeah because I'm a ######### fool but honestly it's pretty lackluster this time around. There's a couple just OK things but the ######### teletubby clown? This game is turning into fortnite.