Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Ruin is used in 80% of games, So?

xRemxRem Member Posts: 375
edited January 8 in General Discussions

This stat could have been a wake up call for the objective speed to be looked at or at least acknowledged and could have helped fix the game significantly. But instead it was nerfed or "made less frustrating for survivors", where are the survivor stats? Sprint burst, decisive, adrenaline, iron will,dead hard and unbreakable how often are those in game? Why are we not shown then and why is the game not changed to be less frustrating for killers?

Edit:this posted twice? I have no clue how, can one please be removed this was not intended, sorry.

Post edited by xRem on

Comments

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 744

It depends on what other data they have, unfortunately they have not provided additional data on the situation that would provide a clearer picture so this single statistic can be exaggerated and interpreted incorrectly.

• ReylaReyla Member Posts: 41

This was my favourite fact from the release. It also made me laugh because of all the killers who are like 'I don't use ruin on any of my killers at Red ranks, you use it because you re not very good', when pretty much everyone runs it. If they don't run it then they run corrupt, as they have the same function.

I don't want anything take from survivor perks personally, but if they're gunna nerf ruin, then dead hard is way more of a crutch than ruin. It allows any survivor to use it for distance to compensate for their mistakes when looping, and it doesn't feel great to outplay a survivor only for them to dead hard to a free safety.

I was on a gaming break over Christmas and haven't started playing again yet, and I'm not going to until behaviour give me a reason.

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 462

Why would it be Comm boxes are a so easy to find in bloodwebs its a crime. Socket swivels are an uncommon add-on too.

I'm honestly starting a count down to the day when Franklin's Demise gets nerfed because survivors can't find their items on the ground.

• HexMoriMeMommyHexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192

But, but you can't nerf survivor perks, it makes the game more aggravating and frustrating for them, they need to get their blood points and be able to make the killer pay for being a killer.

It doesn't matter statistics or what the actual rates for survivors are, if they find it frustrating to play against they don't have to git gud like all the nasty dumb killer mains do, they just have to cry and the rank 15 devs will placate them because they give them money.

• AngeleouAngeleou Member Posts: 322

Ruin nerfed because survivors cant hit SKILL checks

survivors proceed to tell killers to suck it up because they "have to make an effort now"

"Effort"...

Skill checks removed from ruin....

K.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

because BHVR Is survivor biased, always have been always will be

I honestly didn't mind Ruin it's what actually made me good at hitting Great Skill checks. But I guess learning by actually doing is stupid now a days.

• xRemxRem Member Posts: 375

Tbh, ruin helped me get better by going for greats.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

I like how many account that are defending killers are banned immediately. I smell black magic.

You know I'm starting to think that the devs play swf this game kept getting 4k'd because non of them could hit a ruin skill check.