Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Monto vs BHVR game was embarrassing

Comments

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 788
    edited January 9

hey!

those guys just try to have a fun time.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 466

Those were not confirmed devs...

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 915

Can anyone actually confirm that they are actually employees at BHVR?

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,474

Game developers don't even need to play the game for all I care as long as they have a strong analysis team and receive feedback from good players.

That's a different problem.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 1,986

That’s what I thought too, I hate to throw around the word toxic but yeah...

Unless you can tell me that they regularly run calm spirit on their survivors...

Its almost like stream sniping and seeing the person is going be playing as Plague so you run all perks that work while you’re injured.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 59

+1

Unfortunately some people think that you have to be a candy-maker to be able to differentiate between candy and cow [BAD WORD]. You have to be a hen to be able to tell if an egg is rotten.

All great games were made by DEVs who weren't experts in them.

• MistikusMistikus Member Posts: 427

i would like to see a stream where testing team play a game then we would have confirmed devs and could see how good they are. I would like to see gamplay on live servers not the test one ofcource

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 9

I mean, I'm not gonna call them toxic (and as other people are pointing out, it's not even confirmed they are devs), but those players went in with every intent to make their opponent miserable. You can't even call that testing, not when they burned an offering for Red Forest (rather than the newly reworked Lery's) as well as two Petrified Oak offerings. Two toolboxes, one with a BNP and an add-on for sabo'ing hooks, and two flashlights. They know they're probably going up against a Doc, and Doc is one of the killers who often used old Ruin to help in the early game due to difficulty applying pressure on large maps, and they double down on trying to exploit his weaknesses. That entire loadout is gross.

So yeah, whoever those players were, that wasn't cool. If they really were BHVR employees, that says something about the mindset of the people working there, and it's not positive.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,474

Dog whisperers? Aw I wanted to be one. Always wanted to talk with my fuzzy friends.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 538

I mean, you've seen how well the 'balance' people balance the game, I'd say give the art team a shot at this point.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 986

For all we know it could have been the design team. If they even really where BHVR people

Everyone can put that behind their name tbh

Also Monto is a player who plays this game for a living, he can make anyone look bad

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,821

Because things become way more obvious when you have 20,000 people checking your game, sure bugs get through but none of them are really game breaking (besides the basement one, which was fixed faster than most).

Watch the game, I’m not kidding when I say they literally saw a pallet and a dead zone and chose to run the dead zone.

They play it for the fun factor, who’s theirs? Representatives of the company, no matter what department, bringing the biggest map addon against a killer who is partially based around terror radius... and a perk that almost no one runs but is a direct counter to Doctor, that sounds like loads of fun.

We went through at least a month of randomly not being able to heal other players... how is that not game breaking?

Monto plays for a living he can make anyone look bad, fair point.

Yet people are making the argument that Monto, Tofu, Otz etc can 4K without Ruin and using that as their defense we don’t need ruin.

Picking and choosing it’s almost like politicians in the forums.

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 368

How can someone produce a good product if they don't use the product enough to know it's ins and outs? The answer is they can't. Without devs playing the game at a certain level, there is no way they can balance effectively. And if the devs don't put a lot of time into understanding the game, that shows a lack of passion towards the product.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 986

Yeah I also find the argument "but killers with 4500 hours can do it so why can't you?" Kinda stupid

Not everyone has the time or energy to become a god at the game just to play

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,315

I never expect Devs to be good at thier own game it's understandable now if people expect that with every game they play they are sure gonna end up disappointed

This discussion has been closed.