Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Should they make icon modification part of the game?

thelioncidthelioncid Member Posts: 43
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
I have seen that there is an active community in this and people's work is amazing and sharing their work is rewarding.
It would be something very good for the community.

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,117

I'd be happy if I could at least recolour my favourites to pick them quicker. Everyone just switched to flashlights and I've only 10 seconds left to find either Lightborne, Franklin's or at least Mad Grit amongst a sea of random images.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

I own the subreddit Perkbydaylight and I can tell you I really want it, but I can guess why the developers why won't add this feature:

-Licensed chapters

All licensed chapters come with their perks, which the license holder agreed on, but with this modifications people can turn the chapters perks into something that ruins the brand.

Let's say I pick up the perk Babysitter and turn the logo into a poop emoji.

If a streamer streams and shares how babysitter is bad by representing it with a poop emoji BHVR can get liable for this since they are allowing the community to make fun of a license

That is why you can get banned from modifying the perks, the chances might be low but there is still a chance since the anti-cheat can detect modifying the files as cheating

• thelioncidthelioncid Member Posts: 43

they could make a content filter as modifications have made in some games

I don't think you understood what I said.

This is an example:

I own Halloween and give the rights for DBD to make a dlc, I agree with the look of the characters, maps, perks and addons. we sign a contract stating that they can no longer change anything without my approval.

The DBD devs cannot let their community change the perks and addons since that would break their contract with me. I would have to make a new contract stating that I allow strangers to change how my movie is represented in the game

But why would I allow my movie to be possible be represented in a bad way? And will I get paid for this change in the contract?

The DBD devs are able to introduce custom perks and icons, but for that to happen they would have to make a new agreement with every license holder, which can probably cost a lot of money and won't be that beneficiall for the game

• thelioncidthelioncid Member Posts: 43
    There is also the option to limit those who are licensed but I understand what you say. besides that in a way I would lose the grace of not being able to change all

Exactly

It would look weird having 70% perks with a pastel effect, while the others look purple and green looking off compared with the others

• Timtom24Timtom24 Member Posts: 224
    edited January 2020

they could also just overview the icon pack so if everything is alright for them that they will release it in the "icon store" which hopefully will be free except the icon maker wants money for that.

i men they still have the power of saying yes or no to it. if the perks get changed that they have just different colours then i dont think that this would be a problem at all.

Oh yea defenetaly but they would have to hire someone to double check everything, and making that would be misusing budget when they can hire someone to make something more progressive to the game. Unless they are able to get volunteers that could do that work