Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is your biggest flaw as a player

Comments

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 881

As a killer, feeling the need to get a 4k every game. If I don’t I feel like I’ve lost.

As a survivor, I have only gotten moried a few times and I’ve played A LOT of survivor. I wouldn’t even put the amount of times in the trouble digits. Only two of those times were not consensual, the rest were. I just HATE being moried, I need to learn to get excited for it rather than salty. I never allow a killer to Mori me, I will kill myself first hook to avoid it. I’m not sure why I’ve always been like this but I’d like to stop. It’s just become a habit to not allow it.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,306

Killer: I go for Lunge attacks way too much, it's easy for Survivors to run circles around me.

Survivor: I just suck, okay?? Gosh.

• Deepman69Deepman69 Member Posts: 19

I consistently get over zealous and swing just a TINNNNNY bit to early, then proceed to say "Screw it." and just start taking the balsiest drift-king swings you've ever seen. Usually doesn't work out.

• AAAAAAAAAA Member Posts: 558

As survivor: I'm bad at looping anything with line of sight blockers. Also, I'll occasionally miss skill checks. Not because of Lullaby or Unnerving or madness. Just because I'm a booster animal.

As killer: I still get 360ed. And sometimes I swear survivors just disappear after I hit them the first time. Also, I should probably slug more (especially with the Ruin nerf) but I'm never willing to take that risk unless another survivor is right in front of me, I think they have DS, or I have a time limited power (like Blood Fury, Corrupt Purge, or Evil Within 3)

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090

As Killer:

I try to often mindgames or redlight fakes, because of that I miss if survivors actually just leave the loop and I end up mindgaming myself xD. I should just run more straight but sometims I just forgot it.

As survivor:

I hate to do gens, I catch myself moonwalking around or naught or teabagg every survivor I see for fun. I kinda try to dodge to do gens but I know its really important xD

• DonZwiebelDonZwiebel Member Posts: 135

As Killer: I want to get better at looping and not being outplayed by reddies so easy

As Survivor: Getting better on chases in the maps like Mothers Dwelling where loop spots are kind of far away from each other

• I get 4k too quickly

• andyollollollandyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Killer: I try and find clever ways of using synergy with perks but many of them are weak. There aren't any decent gen slow down perks so normally I run from gen to gen or commit to a chase and find the gens have been done against red rank survivors on comms, I'm a green rank killer.

Survivor: I love trying to hit those perfect skill checks but that's been "ruined" by changing to dedicated servers on ps4 now so weakness is everything else lol

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,455

Learned so much about the mistakes i make as a survivor and killer alike

Thanks for the responses everyone ^-^

• MihnMihn Member Posts: 7

(Survivor main) For me, it’s killer awareness when not it chase. I can’t tell you how often it’ll be a stealth Killer or I’ll be in the Killers terror radius and I’ll be like “where the hell is the Killer?” And they’re literally right behind me and they get a free hit because of it. I know Spine Chill and Premonition could help, but I just don’t feel like I get enough use out of them compared to other perks.

• UrbanEvadingUrbanEvading Member Posts: 35

For killer, it’s probably lunging and allowing survivors to run me in circles which can waste time instead of getting the immediate down.

For survivor, it’s not running loops effectively. Sometimes I won’t run loops as tight as I can or when I do I’ll usually get stuck on something.

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Lol yeah too soon bro, killers lost a real soldier this time around 😔🙏

But yeah same I always try to over mindgame and end up just looking like a complete pepega lmao, I gamble too much when I loop

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 466

As a Survivor no matter how hard I try I SUCK at Looping.. I just feel like every killer catches up to me instantly, and do not understand at all how the survivors I play against as Killer are able to do such a terrific job at it, sort of blows my mind, especially because I'm a pretty deadly killer. It's like these Survivors are playing a different game than me haha

As a Killer I have gotten better at it, but I think probably knowing when to give up a chase or continue one.. often times I end up getting bullied by great/pro survivors who can loop like gods and I feel hopeless because even if I give up chase the gens keep popping just as if I were to continue the chase, I just don't know what the best thing to do is in these situations.

^^ The above I'm referring to (I'm sure you all have experienced this) where you literally chase someone for just like 3 pallets and all the sudden 2-3 gens pop and it's GG.

• JinX_Of_FireJinX_Of_Fire Member Posts: 38

As a survivor - overthinking the killers strategy and movement. Most times im caught its early in the chase and i over thought the killers plan.

As a killer - being too committed to chases. I play alot of huntress, and if i use all my axes, ill chase even when its unlikely ill catch them for a while.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 1,350

Biggest flaw is trying to enjoy this game at the moment.

• LegionMain343LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

Survivor: I hate my teammates :(

Killer: I try to mindgame, unmindgameable (new word webster) loops.

• PatBrutalPatBrutal Member Posts: 566

As a survivor I am not that great at loops and getting away from the killer when he is in a close range.

As a killer : I tend to stick with the same survivor until I hook the person, instead of putting pressure on other survivors.

• karlofflugosikarlofflugosi Member Posts: 61

Killer: losing survivors because they change direction, or crawl away after I down them. I get distracted easily.

Survivor: can't lose a killer to save my life. Once they see me, I'm done.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

Sometimes, I pick strong survivors over weak and kill them first. I prefer to give the hatch to the strongest player.

• LegioPotaticaLegioPotatica Member Posts: 50

Im still yellow rank, but...

As a survivor, I need to work on my juking/looping. I play david, so I've got dead hard, but im a smol potato when it comes to using it. Tbh it seems like i wait too long and it goes unused.

As a killer, i think i need to learn when to ditch a chase. Ive had a few games where some quick footed jackwagon has bamboozled me for an embarrassing amount of time, but i kept chasing because i alllllmoooooost got em!

• MonikaMonika Member Posts: 113

As Killer: trying to read someome but end up reading to much into them to what I think was going to a mind game, they simply ran straight.

As survivor: Never leaving a man behind, from face camps, to basement bubba, if I have borrowed I have one goal.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,815

Red rank survivor and I can't loop the killer. The only thing I am good at is open spaces doing 360s and stuff, but vaulting, pallets, shack etc I'm finished.

As killer well chasing survivors at loops same thing, so I give up pretty fast if I sense that the survivor is good att looping.

• SirenSiren Member Posts: 71

Survivor: I'm not the greatest with chases. Sometimes the stars align and there's enough pallets and windows set up that I recognize a decent loop and can run the killer for awhile. But generally, I'm good at not getting found by the killer till the end of the game when there is no more pallets left so I don't get much practice at actually looping the killer. I suppose the solution to this would be to purposefully put myself into chases to practice, but meh.

Killer: I get super frustrated when a survivor infinite loops me and it carries into the rest of my game, and I just get more and more angry with every little thing a survivor does to try to survive. I need to learn to relax and just enjoy the game.

• Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Killer: I swear I am blind at random moments. I can see a glimpse of someone crossing a field but will walk right by a person crouching in a corner... doesn’t even have to be a Claudette. Partially why I play Hag, they reveal themselves to me.

Survivor: Whether to rescue or stay on my gen. I don’t usually play with friends, so I am always unsure if someone is going to get the hanging survivor or not. It makes me anxious and drives me nuts.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,282

Killer - Chasing for too long or making mistakes when running a loop. Sometimes I dont think and give them easier windows when I could have easily got a hit.

Survivor - Getting stuck on or running into objects looking behind too much. Not sure if it's myself or the game putting random items in my way when I'm not looking though 🤣

• yermomyermom Member Posts: 155

Killer - Checking areas too thoroughly (yay whispers); forgetting what my strategy is midmatch; trying too hard to mind game, i.e. leaving a chase to hopefully cut a survivor off elsewhere, only to end up all alone :(

Survivor - Running for too long and not capitalizing on hiding when breaking line of sight.

• HVMBL3HVMBL3 Member Posts: 18

Imma be honest and say my flaws:

as survivor I tend to get really tense with my teams and the killer I’m playing against

and as killer my only flaw is working on big maps and that’s about it

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 402

As killer, I am not the best at gen patrolling, which could conclude to I don't know when I need to break a chase that well.

As survivor, I tend to over mindgame myself, to the point I get caught... Also, I can't Moonwalk 😥

• jesjes Member Posts: 6

Probably because I mindgame way too much and that's why I lose chases really fast.