Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Killers Review Bombing Dbd

Sally55Sally55 Member Posts: 368
edited January 12 in General Discussions

So i just was on steam and it seems that Killers are Review bombing Dbd over the Doctor/Ruin changes. Like seriously guys? Could you not? I may not like these changes but this is getting ridiculous.

Comments

• MurcielagoMurcielago Member Posts: 163

And you're not entitled to survive every game you also forgot temple of purgation as survivor friendly also on some maps like temple or Ormond you can't even make it to a gen before it's done even if you walk straight there at the start without ruin

Where you not around when balanced landing was nerfed or self care ? You didn't see how big survivors threw a fit

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,883

Wait till the inevitable toolbox nerf. They are gonna lose it lol.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,810

Using Haunted Grounds as an example of a reliable insta-down

ok

Adrenaline is hit or miss

So is NOED, Iron Maiden, or Mad Grit. But these perks are rarely used in high ranks unlike Adrenaline, so surely that says something about how powerful the latter is?

Decisive Strike is one time use, countered by slugging; Unbreakable is one-time use

Slugging is countered by Unbreakable, as well as lockers. Now you have a survivor that wastes your time no matter what, with no counter.

Self-care

Self-care has been a pretty bad perk for a while now.

You forgot Borrowed Time, which allows the unhooked person to run right into you to make you waste time hitting them, and potentially eat their DS afterwards.

You need to apply better pressure

Try pressuring gens with killers like Bubba, Myers, or Clown on Red Forest. Some maps are too big, man.

Also, Dying Light is bad and almost no one uses it. Rancor is trash. Franklin's is situational and usually not worth the slot. Insidious is trash. Thanataphobia and Sloppy are only really good on a few killers. Same goes for Infectious Fright. Thrilling Tremors is meh.

Many killers are forced to use meta perks to be viable. Meanwhile, I can run a casual build on survivor and not break a sweat reaching rank 1. Even playing solo I can get there without too much trouble.

Let's try again to list strong survivor perks: BT, Adrenaline, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Resilience, DS, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Balanced Landing, Bond, and Kindred. Not to mention survivors have access to flashlights to reset entire chases and keys to win the game early.

And yes, most killers get more BP but the game shouldn't be balanced around BP. It should be the other way around.

• Hex_KillerMainBTWHex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 418

I fail to see how games are killer sided. You can go into a locker when the killer is about to hook someone for 4 seconds and wait out BBQ. How can you even say that iron maiden is a good killer perk? You're only exposed for 15 seconds. If you're across the map and it isn't a mobile killer, then it's pointless. Pop is only good for slowing down gen regression, even at that. It's only taking about 25 seconds off of progression, honestly not that big of a deal.

Also, let's not forget how many survivor sided maps there are. Currently the only good killer maps are Lery's (getting changed so it's more balanced) and Hawkins. You could say that the Game is killer sided, except for the fact if you play smart about generators, it's really not.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 182

You should get used to it. The game and DLC for it gets review bombed all the time for changes they dont like or bad perks or op or weak killers

• ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 733

Survivors did the same when their perks got nerfed. Its just the DbD playerbase always calling the devs changes stupid.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 614

75% kill rate too low.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,283

No one said any of that, though. Literally all they said was that they think the balance of the game is killer-sided, which is a debatable issue, and that killers have a lot of great perks, which is true. And that killers tend to earn more bloodpoints than survivors, which is also true.

I understand that there are a lot of survivors who do think the way you described, but it seems like you're taking out your frustration with them on someone who (in this thread at least, I haven't read all their other posts) has not even implied anything as dramatic as "killers don't deserve perks" or "killers aren't supposed to have fun". Telling someone that they deserve to be camped, tunnelled and moried for saying that the game is balanced in the killer's favour seems a bit extreme.

Ok I know this might be confusing so try and bare with me what happens when the new players get better at the game this issue pops right back up so you're suggesting we ignore it so the newer players they won't be babies forever you do understand that right ?

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

This is not suprising coz developers overdo it with last patch.

1) BHVR is constantly nerfing killers and their perks mainly.

2) BHVR doesnt care about problems like crazy gen speeds and instead they make this problem worse by nerfing Ruin (the only early slow down perk).

3) BHVR is reasoning with "frustrated" survivors, "annoying" play against...etc. - this is more then prove about survivor-sided developers. These notes was one big slap in killers faces.

4) BHVR is not listening to killers, only to survivors and continue gutting one killer after one and their perks.

5) BHVR sees that 80% of red ranks is using Ruin and instead of solving source of this need they nerf perk. Instad of balancing gen speeds they destroy only perk that can slow it down and little.

Killer player are costumers, they bought game and they have right to state reviews about product they bought. And if they are not satisfied they have right to warn potentional costumers about it. I did review as well. As killer main I bought every killer, some skins, invested time to unlock almost all perks and BHVR is making killers with every patch more useless and their perks as well so I made review where I warn about survivor-sided policy of developers to save money of potentional costumers that may want main killers.

• NikotiiniNikotiini Member Posts: 77

Doesn't seem like review bombing to me.

Also I guess no game should ever do competitive because it won't be as big as lol or DotA huh see how that doesn't makes sense

• DanteMorelloDanteMorello Member Posts: 142
    edited January 12

Maybe you should try to truly read a post before answering? Is English a language you can handle?

Most people will barely increase their skill. These days most people play casually. I told you so in my first comment. Which you obviously did not bother reading well.

In every competitive game the lower ranks will be the majority for the entire time of the game's existence.

Again you did not read or even partially understand what I said.

I said that it makes utterly no sense to balance a game around a fracture of it's player base that generates little to no money...

In the games I mentioned it was possible because they (the high ranks) were generating money and because of esport events they were able to be strong role models for the player base. Bad balancing in their favour was therefor forgiven.

DbD can never do this. Solely because of it's asynchronous nature. Therefor it can never be balanced around the high ranks.

Really cool to fast read a post for 2 or 3 buzzwords and then [BAD WORD] post.

You're basing your entire arugment on most people not even trying to get better and just play like potatoes therefore we should balance it for potatoes we shouldn't even try to increase skills according to you

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

Agree, but they are balancing it for "survivor" potatoes that are lazy to try increase skills. Killers are required higher and higher skill cap with every nerf patch.