Home Discussions Off-topic

Recommend me some shows to watch

2»

Comments

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,305

Gonna go with the basic bitch answer here—JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is pretty lit. People say you have to watch parts 1 and 2 to understand part 3 which is where things get pretty Gucci, but I personally thought Phantom Blood was great.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

First, I love your name <3

Im a full on weeb so I know of JoJo, it’s been on my to do list for a long time, just always feel there’s something better to watch, mainly because I’m not fond of the art style. Now, after watching Mob Psycho 100, I can’t judge JoJo, so I will definitely give it a try.

If you haven’t seen Mob Psycho 100, I highly recommend you do! It has some of the best character development from any show(anime or not) that I’ve watched, and fantastic animation quality. Reigen, his “master” is a hoot as well.

Never heard of Phantom Blood, but I’ll make sure to look it up.

My anime recommendations to you:

1. Mob Psycho 100,
    2. Gantz (Dark, gore/blood, but the thrill makes it good)
    3. Darwins Game (Just started, but it’s really good)
    4. Rage of Bahamut (Really well animated) -Season 1 is better than two, but both are entertaining.
    5. Charlotte (prepare tissues for the end)
    6. Kanata no Kyokai (Will also need tissues and I think there is a movie that ties up the loose ends that you need to watch)
    7. That time I got reincarnated as a slime (More slice of life with action than your traditional action mainstream stuff, but the characters are great)
    8. The Rising of the Shield Hero
    9. Goblin Slayer (Need tissues for last episode for the happy tears)
    10. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Slice of Life)
    11. Darker than Black (Season two was Meh, seems like they didn’t know what they were doing with the story)
    12. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (Top 5 of my anime, fantastic animation/fights, good story and great characters.)
    13. Disastrous life of Saint K. If you love anime you’ll love this comedy and get all of the reference in this series.
    14. Gintama, Mainly comedy with lots of action, in my top 5 list of all anime
  • RobMeister88RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Sons of Anarchy. Best show you could ever watch. If you do decide to watch it all the way through (there's 7 seasons so it's perfect for binge watching) just remember the words "I got this".

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,305

Phantom Blood is the first part of JoJo.

I’ve been meaning to give anime a try (JoJo is the only one I’ve seen ever since I got bored of the “kiddie” animes like Pokémon), but I just don’t have the time. Can’t even spare a few hours to watch more JoJo.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,586

Rick and Morty. Anime like my hero academia. Lastly Bones. I love em all

• LaraVermillionLaraVermillion Member Posts: 75

H E N R Y C A V I L L <3

have you seen him in The Tudors?

I have not, but I know he was in it. Is the show worth watching, or is it only eye candy? Not that I am against eye candy <.<

I hope I never meet him in person, I'd totally embarrass myself

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397
    edited January 16

Peaky Blinders, it's about a Birmingham gang in the early 20th century.

• AppeaseTheEntityAppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 15

The collaboration with Ash vs Evil Dead on here got me into it. its well put together hero type story naritive with straight forward horror/gore elements. Otherwise if you've seen it, i agree with alot of the other suggestions on here.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 779

Best show: TheEntityLeftHand on twitch.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,932
    edited January 30

The Santa Clarita Diet is a a good Netflix show. It's a dark comedy about "zombies" that has to do with one family's struggle through life because the wife was infected with a disease that makes her a cannibalistic human that can't die (unless shot in the head, obviously).

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on

I enjoyed that show a lot. I was sad to find out it was cancelled.

Its now in the dust bin with Ash vs Evil Dead

😓

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

Scream Queens, stream it on Hulu and you won’t regret it.

While you have a lot to catch up on, I recommend AHS. It’s a fun watch and I really liked the latest season, which has various nods to Slasher Movies.

I started watching Scream Queens and loved it but fell out of it when I found out it was cancelled. I live anything with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Whats AHS?

• fairfieldismsfairfieldisms Member Posts: 41
    • The Office
    • Arrested Development
    • Atypical
    • Fleabag