We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Just a comment about the motivation behind the Ruin update

Comments

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,877

They dont have to be smart to be confident. They can 100% believe they're right, with a wrong choice.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 397
    edited January 14

I wouldn't mind if they tested balance changes in game, if they didn't only update the game 4 times a year.

We need quick changes to perks, and feedback taken notice of to revert or keep changes.

This snail pace approach to balance is horrible.

• Zanely89Zanely89 Member Posts: 116

I remembered reading him justifying the change by comparing it to Devour Hope and said something like "Devour don't proc every game, but when it proc the panic of survivor trying to find the totem is unreal".

How many trial do you see Devour proc? How many trial do Devour get to 5 stacks? When do survivor know there is a Devour hex totem in the field and compare it to PTB ruin.

• TenebroTenebro Member Posts: 87

With the addition that survivors don't know there is a Devour Hope until it procs, while the new Ruin you know it's there from the beginning.

• sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 702

I’m honestly shocked they think PTB means anything. No one plays them really so the data won’t be accurate but we are talking bhvr here so...

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 170

BHVR can just skip PTB phase and just release it live. Its clear that they ignore any feedback and survey results.

• RWoodrowRWoodrow Member Posts: 251

But if they did, they'd lose the free advertising the PTB generates for them with all the datamined cosmetics, rift pass preview, etc, etc.

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 913

This is so accurate it's painful to watch play out.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,387

Gen speeds aren`t the problem.

THEY WILL NEVER TOUCH GEN SPEED. And they shouldn't.

No one needs more M1 in this game.

They should touch maps, but it's honestly laughable to see people ask so vehemently for them to make the objectively worst part in the game for survivors even longer. That's not gonna happen.

• Liquid0810Liquid0810 Member Posts: 2

Hi Almo,

Id like to give my peice of mind in this. Ive only been playing DBD for about a yr and in the beginning hex skill checks completely dominated me as a survivor main and new player at the time. But as time would fly by and experience kicking in i managed to reach rank 1 survivor and hit my hex skill checks about 75% of the time at high rank games. Practice makes perfect overtime is my point here. And with data on a perk that 80% of high rank killers use to help apply pressure early game and butcher it to cater to a set of audience bcuz of their ability to not practice hitting hex skill checks and learning over time is completely one sided truthfully. As i have slowly opened the doors to playing killer often lately and wanna challenege myself to achieve rank 1 with the the killers i use (trapper,huntress,legion,hag) it is definitely out the door now. As for myself i use hex ruin on all 4 of these lower tier killers(by the way)especially as a trapper main to apply early pressure and stop the gen rush from occuring . And yea ppl will argue thats theres other perks that can still do that but just take a look at the data you pulled recently about 80% of high rank killers using ruin , facts speak for themselves and theres a reason for it. Now this will force ppl who main low tier killers or who often use lower tier killers to play with killers they may not prefer aka the high tier killers like billy,spirit,nurse......so im sure ill prepare to face more of those often killers often as a survivor after this ruin change but now the biggest issue is low tier killer mains like myself will either have to A)switch to a high tier killer to hopefully win a few games after of course learning how to play them overtime..... or B) Quit playing killer period because the lower tier killers that i enjoy playing with more will be decimated majority of my games thx to hex ruins new nerf. Please highly think about this before rolling out that change. Trust me as a lower tier killer main it will hurt us in the long run. Thanks

• Sounds like a major source of "frustration" that new survivors face has to do with the effect it has on skill checks but if that's the case why not make ruin a flat but powerful generator repair slowdown? It would resolve the RNG aspect and then there's no Red Skillchecks which I can see how they would be demoralizing for new players, and it would also preserve the all important game slowdown aspect that people need ruin for in the first place. New Ruin throws the baby out with the bathwater and hurts all players with even moderate experience with the game for the benefit of a comparatively small number of number of newbies. (Using newbie neutrally and not as a pejorative by the way, for those who like to read ill intent into my words, you know who you are!)

• Rick89Rick89 Member Posts: 1

You're showing time and time again that you have no clue about the game and it's balance when both killer and survivor play the game correctly. You are balancing the game for survivors that have no clue what they are doing against a killer that has no clue what he's doing. These players will get better eventually, realising the game is boring as [BAD WORD].

• HeHeBoiiHeHeBoii Member Posts: 495

I’ll answer that for you because they won’t.

”we will look into it, we will go by our stats”

In layman’s terms...

no we won’t, now time to buff survivors :))