Features & Content
- Feature - Added the ability to rotate characters in the lobby.
- Content - Added a new Killer (The Ghost Face).
- Adjusted the chase volume for Survivors.
- Added stun VFX for Killers when hit by pallets.
- Adjusted fast vault conditions: Players can no longer trigger fast vaults when beside windows or in contact with the wall. Please note that the fast vaulting mechanics are still getting tweaked and could change between the PTB and the official update.
- All Killer swing animations have been modified to match the distance at which they can hit a survivor. This was done to help mitigate situations where a Killer would hit a survivor but their weapon/ hand would not look like it was reaching the Survivor.
- In addition to Killer swing animations matching their hit distance we have also added swing VFX to mitigate when hits looked like they should have missed targets when in fact they found a target and hit. (There will be more work done to make hits look better when they connect)
- Survivors will now turn their heads where their camera is looking. This happens when a Survivor interacts with an object in the environment and when they are not downed or incapacitated.
Survivor perk changes:
- Mettle of Man: We have changed the condition for getting stacks from being hit by a Killer's basic attack 3 times to perform a combination of safe unhooks and / or protection hits a total of 3 times to activate Mettle of Man's Endurance status effect. Survivors no longer have to be injured to receive Mettle of Man's Protection. This means that Mettle of Man will work similarly to Borrowed Time and will require more work from the Survivor to trigger Mettle of Man's Endurance status effect.
- Streetwise: Increased efficiency values to 15%/20%/25% up from 10%/12%/15%
- Unbreakable: Increased recovery speed to 25%/30%/35% up from 15%/20%/25%
- Windows of Opportunity: Reduced cooldown values to 30/25/20 seconds down from 60/50/40
Killer perk changes:
- Enduring: Updated Enduring to a flat reduction in pallet stun duration of 40/45/50% rather than an increase to stun recovery speed of 55/65/75%. Enduring will now only affect pallet stuns.
- Pop Goes The Weasel: Changed Regression values from 15%/20%/25% to a flat 25% across all tiers. Changed window of activation from 30 seconds to 40/50/60 seconds
- Territorial Imperative: Reduced cooldown to 30/25/20 seconds down from 60/45/30
Regarding Enduring, the previous increased recovery time at 75% would reduce a pallet stun (2 seconds) to 1.14 seconds. The flat reduction will reduce a 2 second pallet stun to 1 second. Even though the numbers would suggest that 75% faster recovery is better, halving the stun time of 2 seconds to 1 second is actually an improvement, and much clearer to understand. As more stun effects have made their way into the game, we decided to make it only effective against pallet stuns to reduce confusion and maintain consistency with varying stun times.
- Edge Object repopulation pass in The MacMillan Estate maps, there are more obstacles in between the map tiles now.
- Introduced new maze tiles for the Yamaoka Estate theme.
- Removed the RNG factor from the window setups in the rooms of Lery's Memorial Institute; each small room now spawns with the same window configuration.
Survivor Emblem changes:
Added events for Lightbringer emblem scoring:
- 20 points for cleansing a dull totem
- 5 points if a dull totem is cleansed while you are in a chase
- 10 points if a Hex totem is cleansed while you are in a chase
- 1/3 point for each 1% of a generator repaired while you are in a chase (Capped to a maximum of 33.3 scored for each generator)
Added event for Benevolent emblem scoring:
- 10 points for sabotaging a hook within 10 meters of a Killer carrying a Survivor, if the carried Survivor then wiggles free
Added event for Evader emblem scoring:
- 50 points for stunning the Killer with a pallet
We have added some additional scoring events for Survivors that help to reward different types of gameplay, including those where you act as a diversion for the Killer, allowing your teammates to perform certain actions. We will closely monitor how these additional events will affect the emblem results for Survivors, however, these changes will help bridge the gap between Killer and Survivor emblem scoring.
Audio & Localization:
- Adjusted Ash's VO in the menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape's stinger theme to play and overlap the menu music.
- Fixed an issue that caused no interrupt audio stinger when being pulled out of a locker.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Entity gargle noises to remain on the hooks when a Survivor was unhooked.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise notification from Spies From The Shadows to have a muffled sound effect in comparison to the other loud noises.
- Fixed multiple audio issues related to the environments.
- Minor localization and translation improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Clown to clip through most vaulting windows.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Clown's Redhead's Pinky Finger add-on to apply the Exposed status effect on Survivors without a direct bottle hit.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag's Rusty Shackles add-on to play the terror radius when the trap was triggered.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape's camera to become slanted and allowed him to walk on assets when cancelling his mori.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith's "The Serpent" - Soot add-on not to fully uncloak him immediately after breaking a pallet or damaging a generator.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to become stuck for the rest of the match when The Trapper placed a bear trap under them while they were already performing an interaction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause permanent Exhaustion when affected by The Clown's gas bottles with the Solvent Jug add-on equipped.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivor to cleanse the hill totem from on top of the rocks in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a generator to clip into part of a maze wall in The Pale Rose map.
- Fixed an issue that caused blood and dirt wall textures to disappear at certain camera angles in the Lery's Memorial Institute map.
- Fixed an issue that caused grass to move when a player was above or below the area. This issue was most commonly seen around the basement when it was in the Shack.
- Fixed an issue that caused some assets to have missing textures on the slaughterhouse building in the Rancid Abattoir map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Entity not to appear on a specific hook in The Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that caused tree branches and leaves to clip through the walls on the top floor of certain houses in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Fixed an issue that caused tree branches and leaves to clip through the walls on the top floor of the farm house in the Thompson House map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a desync between clients and host around the Ferry Boat in The Pale Rose map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the right door on lockers to appear warped.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for Killers to interrupt a Survivor repairing a generator from a specific side in the Wretched Shop map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for The Nurse to blink around the exit tiles in the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for The Nurse to blink around the exterior of the temple tile in the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to open the hatch with a key when it spawned facing a car pile in the Gas Heaven map.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck in the basement stair collision under certain conditions, when the basement spawned in the office building in the Azarov's Resting Place map.
- Misc LOD fixes.
- Fixed an issue that caused only Billy's hair to show in the Jigsaw box aura when within 5 meters.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors vaulting over windows during the Dream State transition to clip through the window.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Entity blocker to sometimes not block windows.
- Fixed an issue that caused a window to block directly after the initial Entity blocker timer had ended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor camera to become offset when interrupted entering a locker by the Killer.
- Adjusted the flashlight items aim when held by Ash's Ashy Slashy hand customization item to be more in line with regular cosmetics.
- Adjusted the smoke opacity LODs that caused the hatch and Hex totem VFX to be visible from far away.
- Fixed an issue that caused the notification bubble for a Survivor stepping in a bear trap to be misplaced and wobble.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sealed Envelope Offering to not be personal.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hunt Ritual to generate with progress already applied.
- Fixed an issue that caused Killer's to lose 4 pips when disconnecting through a cable pull and re-establishing a Network connection on the splash screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused progress on the Deranged Pursuit achievement when downing a Survivor with the Deep Wound status effect from the Borrowed Time perk.
- Misc cosmetic clipping and improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mettle of Man to give the Killer a point in the Malicious Emblem category when activated.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Legion's Killer Instinct not to be visible with Dark Devotion.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Resilience perk not to affect window vaults.
UI & HUD:
- Fixed an issue that caused the inventory pages to revert in a Kill Your Friends lobby to the last one used in a Public match when a Survivor joined or changes characters.
- Misc UI improvements.
PTB Known Issues
- Cannot change graphic settings in Fullscreen mode.
- FPS drops when using various items.
- Lag Spike when The Ghost marks a Survivor.
- Proficiency buffs and debuffs do not appear on the user's progress bar.
- Survivors have auras displaying incorrectly on their heads from their point of view.
- The Chinese Firecracker and Third Year Party Starter items do not blind the Killer when brought into a match.
- The Nightmare's Unicorn Block add-on has the wrong description.
- The Pig's stinger audio does not play when she starts moving.
- The Stake Out perk does not grant the 4th token.
- The Vigil perk does not reduce the status effect duration accordingly.
The Ghost Face Misc
- The Ghost Face crouching movement speed increased to 3.6 m/s from 3.45 m/s.
- Tweaked the detection zone for The Ghost Face while he is crouching. It is now more consistent with the top of his head, making him slightly harder to reveal when crouched.
- Scoring events: Marking a Survivor increased from 250 to 500. Hitting a Marked Survivor increased from 250 to 500.
The Ghost Face Night Shroud
- The Red Stain is no longer emitted while Night Shroud is active, regardless of being crouched or not.
- Cooldown of Night Shroud increased to 30 seconds from 20 seconds.
The Ghost Face Stalking
- Stalk progress required to Mark a Survivor increased to 5 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Stalk progress no longer regresses if the Survivor is not fully marked. The Killer loses stalk progress on a Survivor only when they are Marked, hit, or downed.
- The duration of a Survivor being Marked increased to 45 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Added a maximum stalking range of 40 meters.
The Ghost Face Reveal
- Detection zone for revealing The Killer has been adjusted to focus on a more central area of the screen.
- Increased the amount of The Killer visible to a Survivor to initiate the reveal phase to 20% from 10%.
- Adjusted off-screen indicator UI to be displayed for the entire duration of the reveal phase.
- Increased the amount of time required to complete the reveal phase to 1.5 seconds (+0.3 second buffer) from 1 second.
- Added a small buffer between a Survivor initiating the reveal phase and breaking line of sight momentarily. The Survivor will not lose their reveal progression during that buffer time.
- Completion of the reveal phase will now display the Killer Instinct indicator on the Survivor that completed the reveal for 1.5 seconds (only seen by Killer).
- Completion of the reveal phase will flash a white fill effect over Ghost Face to highlight him to The Survivor that revealed him (only seen by Survivor).
The Ghost Face Audio
- Removed activation sound notifying Survivors that Night Shroud has been activated.
- Reduced radius of audio emitted by The Ghost Face while Night Shroud is active to 8 meters from 16 meters.
- Added a ‘reveal’ sound effect for both Killer and Survivors while in the reveal phase.
The Ghost Face Add-ons
- Several add-ons have been adjusted and modified: Philly, Marked Map, Lasting Perfume, Leather Knife Sheath, Knife Belt Clip, Night Vision Monocular, Victim’s Detailed Routine, Drop-Leg Knife Sheath.
DEV NOTE: We received a lot of feedback from the initial reaction to Ghost Face. Despite being a predominantly stealth Killer, he suffered from an inability to remain in stealth mode for very long due to some touchy detection mechanics that would cause Survivors to unintentionally break him out of his power. On top of this, some last minute sound changes made his approach much louder than we originally intended, defeating the purpose of his stealth abilities. We have addressed a lot of the concerns we received as feedback from the initial PTB: removing and adjusting sound cues, tightening up reveal mechanics to make it a much more engaging mechanic, and providing feedback while Ghost Face is in the process of being revealed to give him the opportunity to respond. Additionally, there is now a trade-off when a Survivor successfully reveals Ghost Face. Their location is indicated by Killer Instinct, as seen previously in The Legion's power, Feral Frenzy. This indicator only lasts for a very brief moment, so don't forget to look for it if you want to take advantage of finding the Survivor that spotted you first! We hope you enjoy this update to Ghost Face.
- Adjusted Killer Instinct VFX to remove red fill effect, increase frequency of pulse, add an offset to where symbol is displayed, modified the scaling of the symbol to stay more consistent. These changes also affect the Killer power, Feral Frenzy, of The Legion.
- I’m All Ears: Now triggers within 48 meters from Killer location on any Survivor performing a rushed action.
- Mettle of Man: Removed the condition of safe unhooks. Now only protection hits grant tokens for this perk.
- Disabled all VR related plugins.
- Adjusted the chase music volumes for Survivors and Killers.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to change quality settings while in full screen mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused a lag spike when The Ghost Face marks a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be offset when hooked by The Ghost Face.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Ghost Face loading tips not to appear on the loading screen.
- Fixed an issue that cause The Ghost Face to be unable to crouch or lean if a Survivor disconnected while being carried.
- Fixed an issue that caused no proficiency buff and debuffs to appear on the progress bars.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to see their own head auras incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bloodweb to skip a level when a Mystery Box was opened as the Entity consumed the last node.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Third Year Party Starter and Chinese Firecracker items not to work properly when brought into the match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the exit gate to trigger a Loud Noise Indicator when all generators were repaired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a desync between clients and host around the slaughterhouse in the Rancid Abattoir map.
- Fixed an issue that caused some blocks to have missing textures in the Temple basement in the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from fire barrels to block notification bubbles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the healing progress bar to stop updating when spam healing a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to become stuck in the locker when rush exiting certain lockers on a specific tile in the Crotus Prenn Asylum maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused idle crows to circle the locker instead of being perched on top of them.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect message to show when accepting an expired invite.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect message to show when accepting an invite from another user on a different game version.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Stake Out perk not to grant the 4th token.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Territorial Imperative perk to trigger on hooked and hiding Survivors.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to lose their Offerings if the Killer disconnected right after the offering burn screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to appear floating in lobbies and on the tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Survivors not to have an idle animation in the Store.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple character pawns to spawn in the main menu when rapidly quitting the Store and Play As Killer screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to rotate their upper body when looking around while being mended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to get stuck in pallets when being dropped from the Killers grasp.
- Fixed an issue that caused apex clothing to appear stretched when The Shape stalked Survivors.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Clown's gas bombs to break at launch when thrown from too close to structures.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors not to play the coughing audio and animation when injured and affected by The Clown's gas bombs.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Spirit to see her Husk's killer stain when phasing and vaulting.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be unable to see Jigsaw box auras when a RBT was on their head.
- Adjusted the bear trap interaction zone that caused Survivors to snap into the disarm trap animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused Claudette with the Side-parted Curls head customization not to trigger Hag traps.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor's illusionary pallets to always be standing instead of dropped.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse to be missing her hand and weapon when blink attacking a Survivor before getting fatigued.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult for The Nurse to blink in, around and through the ferry boat tile in The Pale Rose map.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare's Unicorn Block add-on to have the wrong description.
- Added more logging to better help understand and track the issues where players are losing pips or not gaining progress on their rank.
- Misc cosmetic improvements.
PTB Known Issues
- The stalk meter for the Survivor does not reset when The Ghost Face hooks them.
- Several The Ghost Face add-ons have the incorrect values for Night Shroud charge rate and movement speed stalking.
- Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool maps have tiles with some holes in them that allow players to see and fall out of world.
- The bloody overlay VFX when incapacitated disappears.